vendigroth gears or something

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by silver, Mar 13, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. silver

silver New Member

u know those gears or something that say "igroth" (vendigroth).. do they have any use later on in the game? in some sort of quest or something?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    They are useful in a quest. May not be that late into the game though. May actually be useful quite early, now that I think about it. Could have something to do with a piece of machinery, I'm not sure. :D

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

There are actually 2 quests you can use them for.

4. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Which one's pretell, I went through a whole game with them in my inventory and not once could I find a use for them. Not the collector or the techy guy in the Inn.

5. silver

silver New Member

this is my first tech-based character (gunsmithy)... refreshing shopkeepers and getting heaps of tobacco leaves/coco leaves brings in heaps (if u got the patients) early on in the game.. i originally didnt like refreshing because i thought it was in a way cheating, but techy is so outweighed by magic so i thought its alrite, and normally shopkeepers irl get new items etc ;-)

6. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

This is my first run with tech-gunfighter also. Finding it hard to keep stock of healing salves on stock game though. Plus strenght plays a role too because carrying all the tech goodies you make plus decent armour sure weighs you down.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    My technologists (and some mages) almost always know how to make healing salves (and in the case of mages, fatigue restorers). I find it worth the character point.

8. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I am torn with that Dark Elf, I figure using Janya for the healing end is better, but she uses up a party space that could be used by Magnus perhaps.

I tried to concentrate on electrical, using Volinger for the gunsmithy duties, but I am finding that he usually equips the weapon I want to upgrade and won't do anything for me. I had to settle on buying him a better rifle just to get him to make me a repeater rifle.

Now I am thinking that gunsmithy for my character is the way to go, with only enough into electrcal for the charged rings.

The issue with healing I am running into is that I am running out of available kandura stems, lots of ginka roots though. I tend to load Sogg up with magical healing items so I don't need to worry about him.

BTW: this sure got off topic huh.

9. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

The Herbalist in Black Root usually has a lot of each (Kandura Stems & Ginka Roots)

10. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Repair the steam engine (after you break it) and/or get Weldo to help you (if he doesn't like you).

I think I posted an upgrade somewhere here so that when you give it to him, he'll also make a clockwork decoy.

11. Howard Stern

Howard Stern Member

Find somewhere to store your stuff. Look up other posts on "storage" or "stash"ing items. This game is annoying if you have to carry everything you own in your personal inventory all the time.

12. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I have 4 places I usually store stuff. The Inn in Blackroot, the warehouse in Tarant, the Inn in Ashbury or the Inn in Stillwater.

Like silver said, I usually am not big on sitting in front of a store and refreshing alot, but this seems to be the way to do it.

13. Cobramax

Cobramax New Member

easy healing

easiest way ive found normally for outside city encounters is to simply use the option at top right to sleep till healed and never rush headlong into massive combats also for tech characters...get lots of ammo...lol guns guns guns....rapid fire ones.... :) many enemies wont last long with that one especially if you can get a few good followers to get firearms skills...then it gets really funny mowing down multiple enemies before they can close to melee range with you....and avoiding healing need at all

14. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

15. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Everything's bigger in Texas. Including their gravedigs.

Our Host!