New Arcanum Portraits

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by DarkSentinel, Oct 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That's actually pretty good, Xz. :thumbup:
    The wording is PC enough to be unoffensive to 99. some odd percent of folks and still get the warning across.

Personal opinion - A skeletal warrior would make a more effective "dead thread" statement than Retard.

2. Crypton

Crypton Member

Really good work! But you should aim on that keeping that portraits more arcanumish, like use same color palettes that troika used for portraits, and also do not use any "real" pictures, I mean photos.... or maybe you may use use them with some ps filter to make them to more unreal.

Anyway, good job.... and if you want any arcanum palettes, ask me via PM, I can provide you palettes for different types of art, portraits, NPCs, interface, scenery and so on....

3. cruist22

cruist22 New Member

So does anyone have an actual answer to my question other than talking about skeletons or stretched out asses? :lol:

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Try this: In the Arcanum\modules\Arcanum\maps folder is between 85-100 oddly-named files with no extension.
    Deleting them (just the files - not the whole folder) forces the game to take a fresh inventory and should allow the avatars to be seen.

5. cruist22

cruist22 New Member

I don't have any of those files. I only have a folder there named "ShopMap" with a file name 0.sec inside.

EDIT: Problem solved. Thanks everyone who helped.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Whoa. That new picture is... weird. It's the visual equivalent of hearing that classic line from Deliverance.

7. tocorro

tocorro New Member

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Hello newbie and welcome to the house of lords. There are a few rules which must be obeyed during your stay here, and you just broke one of them.

You must never, ever, gravedig a thread that is dead. How can you tell if it's dead? Nobody's posted in it for a month, that's how. Create a new thread instead and ask your question there, or use the search function.

I'm not going to flame you since you're green, but do read the FAQ before posting anything else here.

Again, welcome to HoL.

9. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Hopefully, Wolfsbane, this is a trend a few more of us can take to... :)

Welcome Tocorro, and yes, I would've recommended making a new thread, but perhaps we can convince a Mod to split this off. As far as the art goes, I would recommend talking to a group of graphic artists, not us...

10. DarkSentinel

DarkSentinel New Member

The Portrait pck has been upgraded to v2.1

3 new portraits added, 1 male human, 2 female human

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome back guy!
    And thanks.

*goes to check this out*

Our Host!