Race & God Icons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Waromon, Jan 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Waromon

Waromon New Member

Where can I find them all, include icons for Orcs, Ogres & Dark Elves? Such as
    [​IMG]
    , but in fine resolution & quality.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

"Fine resolution & quality" - you're probably out of luck. Even the various other things I've seen accented with the game's icons use the ones from the Arcanum1.dat/art/interface folder.

3. Waromon

Waromon New Member

Thanks, and just two questions:
    1). Where can I find race icon for melokaan? This race have Lesser God, as others, and I think that they deserve personal icon. Elves have even 3: for elves, dark elves & half-elves.
    2). Where can I find icons for Gods? In any quality.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Whew... You got me there.
    I did a fast tour through the interface folder and didn't see anything usable for either the Bedokaans or any of the gods. Even the interface listings doesn't have anything.
    You may have to make your own.

5. Waromon

Waromon New Member

I forgot what pic displayed for melokaan. Maybe this
    [​IMG]
    for monster as for kites?

About Gods, I mean pic that you can see whan you open shrine, for example Moon for Moorindal.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

'Bout gave myself permanent eyestrain, but I've found a couple places where the god's are listed.
    Mazzerine'sMystery.art will show you the whole map and BookImagesFont.art has the individual ones. I suspect the BookImages are where the icons at the altar are coming from.

And the tooth is used for most of the monsters in the game. I seem to recall the last time I had Waromon in my party (a couple years ago), he was using that icon.

7. Waromon

Waromon New Member

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

9. Waromon

Waromon New Member

Hmm, gods' icons from this file are too small - only 30-40 pxls of width. I think that there are bigger icons. Maybe I'm wrong.

10. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

I think your mind is confused by the times you played Arcanum in Fullscreen without the Hi-Res patch - things tend to get stretched, you know.

11. Waromon

Waromon New Member

I mean icon such as for Makaal:
    [​IMG]

Also, if you offer me to draw race icon for melokaan, maybe there is anybody, who already have did this? Or can do this, because my drawing skill is about the same of melokaan. I shall be eternally very thanks for this art-worker. I think that in this icon may be placed bow & dagger, for example, and color of dackground may be gray. Or maybe there is no any melokaan adorers in this forum?

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The icon you posted is one of the altar-alignment marking ones - good, evil, and neutral.
    Those are in the interface folder and named Cont_Altar_*.

A better artist than I will have to help you with the new icon creation.

13. Waromon

Waromon New Member

Well, I'm was wrong, all Lesser Gods' altars have engraved face of Greater God of corresponding alighnment. I have printscreened them:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But are you confident that there are only these icons?
    And what about of Velorien's?
    Where can I find Cont_Altar_* folder? There is no such folders in Arcanum install folder.

And didn't understand you words about drawing (my English isn't excellent). You ready to acquaint me to some person? Or ironically said that my wish is unreal? Explain, please.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) Those three, pluse the ones in the font file mentioned above are all that I saw.

2) I really don't know about Veloren, and since I have my hack completely disabled at the moment, I can't even check it out in-game. I didn't see anything in the interface folder that caught my eye though.

3) The files are in the interface folder and are named Cont_Altar_Good.art, Cont_Altar_Evil.art, and Cont_Altar_Neutral.art. Those are the only three I saw even after several trips back and forth through the inventory.

4) If you want to make icons for each of the gods, go for it!
    I'm afraid that I won't be able to help you though because my skills (such as they are) lie in artwork modification rather than new creation. I'm a cut and paste kind of guy and you'll need someone (maybe you!) who can start from scratch and create something new.

15. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

It shouldn't be too hard to create god icons from this chart:

[​IMG]

You simply take an existing icon, wipe the god symbol of it, find some fitting filter/I dunno what else, and make it look like it's empty. Then you copy the linework from the chart and paste it onto the icon. I am no expert at image editing, but it doesn't seem particularly hard, only time-consuming.

16. Waromon

Waromon New Member

rroyo, I went to Velorien's altar but there is no chest-type object. Only stone plate with script & round square for sacrifice.

Well, I cut & quickly elaborated Gods' icons. Example is:
    [​IMG].

Can this icons be inserted in some Arcanum Mod instead of good-neutral-evil?

And what about stone-engraved effect, how to add it to cutted images?

Viktor_Berg, do you know about Velorien's icon?

And what about melokaan icon? Some years ago I knew talented artist, he draw great work by my order, here it is:
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7619/lizardn.jpg.
    This was hybrid character, that I created from HoMM lizardmen-warrior (http://heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/images/b/bd/Creature_lizard_warrior.png, hunter with bow) and AoW drakonian-elder (http://aow2.heavengames.com/pics/units/Draconian_Elder.gif, shaman & mage).
    Can you commend any person?

17. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Thanks for letting me know. It's been a looong! time since I played a game far enough to get to the altar.

And the little picture you've displayed could be inserted into one or more of the Cont_Altar files via Artview. Just make sure the picture is an 8-bit BMP and the exact same size, and Artview will swap the pictures.

The stone effects is a level of Photoshop skill I've never gotten anywhere close to. Sorry.

18. theorel

theorel New Member

Random bit of interesting thing that I found:
    BookImagesFont: 38-49 give 11 images, 9 of which match the pictures on Mazzerin's Mystery. (I suppose the other 2 to be alternate images for Shakar and Kerlin). These images would probably be easier to turn into engravings by using a bump-map on something like the stone-plaque.art
    I could give it a shot if you're interested.

There's some black and whites of some of the maps from the books in there as well, for anybody interested.

Still no Velorien though, hmm...

19. Sjael

Sjael New Member

[​IMG]

Meh. It's entirely too early/late to perfect it. ._.

20. Waromon

Waromon New Member

theorel, it's very interesting. Share these images, please.
    But I don't understand about "turning into engravings". Does Arcanum have some tools for it? Or simple two versions of images - usual & engraved?

Sjael, where did you get this image? Did you use Photoshop or it is part of some *.art files.

Moreover I can't find any *.art file in my Arc folder.

And my cuts (some were resized):
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Our Host!