If I said Caladon ... (Updated)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by rroyo, Jan 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. theorel

theorel New Member

I think the Brass looks better as a stand-alone item. I think the red would fit better within the game.(nothing else has brass lettering, where red and white lettering are common). I can't help but feel like something is missing with the brass lettering however, in that it looks more permanent, but its housing is not permanent. Anyways, I thought I'd try to fix that, and this is what I came up with. (This time I went and found the Morpheus Font)

[​IMG]

EDIT: I like the text-box Mesteut...it seems to mesh better, but it does look a bit like it's hovering. Maybe because of the way the wood is replicated below?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Mesteut: I managed to sneak a peek at your posting during lunch today, and your idea, although is not bad, it's not at all what I need. For the descriptions I'll be needing all the space I can get. Since I had some time to think about the problem, I believe I figured out a solution that can be lived with. The picture below will show what your embossing idea spawned.

theorel: I love the idea! As you'll see it got used on the new template, but it was elongated just enough to match the sides of the description box.

I also tried to create a mounting plate for the coordinates and the little map but, sadly, my skills just wasn't up to the task tonight.

Other changes on this version includes moving everything on the left up, then centering it all with the picture frame.

[​IMG]

Our Host!