Aussies, sucks to be you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Philes, Jan 18, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

When it comes to Evolution versus 'Intelligent' Design, Eddie Izzard says it best.

"Evolution is apparently a flawed theory... so fucking MAGIC!" (I know far too many people who follow that 'logic')

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

No, but I slept with a Mormon girl once. Not only was the sex terrible (she "fish'd"), but her parents tried to charge me with rape when they found out (even though she was 18 ).

We need to take these guys, and some of the other extremist groups, and drop'em all in the Middle East. Let'em fight until there's only one group left, and then exterminate that last group.

...Did I mention I hate extremist sects?

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Westboro Baptist Family Cult

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bOrz5k0jWdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bOrz5k0jWdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How's that for extremists?

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Silvio that smilie in your post makes it look like you just said something terrible.

5. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Since this thread was originally about censorship.
    I thought it was funny that one of the Phelps videos was allowed to stay on Youtube, while a satirical remix of it was taken off. Obviously, since it was taken off, it became easier to find than the original.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2jy6Alm0YnI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2jy6Alm0YnI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. DarkFool

You realize that's one of the satirical remixes, right? and yes, I happen to find the Westboro Baptist Church absolutely appauling. They're one of those sects that needs to just be purged. I don't care if that's through a molotov cocktail or showing them the terrible error of their ways, they need to be cleansed. What they preach is hatespeak, pure and true, and while I have some respect to those who dislike gays, and are at least polite about it, extremists like WbBC are a generation or two away from freedom fighters and terrorists.

7. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

No, it being a satirical remix completely escaped me. The copy/paste shifting of video pieces, repeated phrases, and the Fag sign magically disapearing and reapearing wasn't any hint at all to me.
    Obviously I knew that. I did post it as an example of censorship afterall. Maybe my wording was crap? Wouldn't surprise me.

8. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Hate brings forth hate. You sound awfully hypocritical when you talk about 'purging' a group because of their hateful views.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

The Westboro Baptist Church really do need a good thrashing, though! Here's me, trying damn hard to love and respect my fellow man, and then those utterly cruel, insensitive, self-serving bastards come along and all I can think is "SMITE STUPID, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!"

My somewhat newfound beliefs are proving to be very difficult on my stress levels.

10. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

What beliefs might those be? Just out of curiosity.

11. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

12. Sjael

Sjael New Member

Got a chuckle out of this:

Linkeh.

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I believe in free speech, so I would only punish the Westboro Baptist Church if they actually started acting on their beliefs.

Besides, we need somebody to mock.

14. magikot

This may go a long way to explaining it:

15. DarkFool

It's okay. Afterwards I'll go roughly fuck some girl I've never met before, run from her gun-toting father, and it'll restore the balance my hypocrisy set off.

16. xento

xento New Member

Back to the topic's original discussion of Australian censorship, the tough choice seems to be between an excessively censoring country with a kick-ass economy, or a country where censorship is ridiculed, but people can't get a decent job.

I guess we can at least enjoy some bloodshed and tits while we sit around starving.

17. magikot

How does over eager censors translate into a thriving economy?

18. xento

xento New Member

Who said that there's a connection?

Australia's GDP is 4%

USA's GDP is less than 1%

It just so happens that the USA has pretty lax censorship standards, and Australia is a tight-ass. But would you rather live somewhere that censors people's freedom of expression, or somewhere that you can't get a job?

19. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  20. xento

xento New Member

The boredom of America's non-challenging college education system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!