Dragon Age:Origins and a question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magikot, Nov 4, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Grimm, Force Field can be used on your teammates as well. Struggle through the next few levels until you can get one of the massive AOE spells like fireball, send alistair into a group of enemies with threaten activated and then use taunt so everyone focuses on him. Then drop a force field on him. The ai is kind of stupid so the enemies will continue to attack your unkillable tank while you blast them sky high with aoe spells from you and morrigan, make sure your other character uses a bow too or you may wind up killing them with all the aoe.

2. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Shit that's genius. I never thought of that. I haven't given up yet....still giving it the old college try. I've really simplified my strategy to just focusing all party attacks on one enemy at a time. I figure the faster I can eliminate one enemy in contrast to spreading my offense over an entire group of them, the fewer there are to shank my party members in the back. It's been surprizingly successful so far.

3. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Grimm: That's usually the best method.

Also, eliminate the weakest enemies first (Final Onslaught mostly excepted; just AOE all minor enemies there), because weak enemies are seriously eggshells with hammers. They can wear down your HP if you don't kill them first.

4. GrimmHatter

Thanks. Good to know I'm on the right track. I guess my next step will be to grab a good AoE skill when I or Morrigan lvls again.

5. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Blood Wound. Can never go wrong with that.

6. magikot

The game doesn't count secondary effects as friendly fire. Only the initial damage. It does, however, cut the freeze and debuff time in half for your allies from your spells.

I'm sad that Shimmering Shield got fixed :( Newest patch is out, btw. Fixes daggers and a few more things.

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Daggers were broken? My rogue used them all the way til the end (where she switched to duel axes and was totally badass).

8. magikot

They weren't receiving the proper benefit from dexterity. Now they should be doing more damage.

9. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Oh man, rogues are gonna be totally imba.

10. magikot

Rogues already were imba :p It's the only class that can effectively solo the game without struggling to level 7 for specializations. (at which point mages can too with arcane warrior).

11. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I wonder if a full team of Rogues would work? I mean, it's impossible, because I think you can have a max of 3 even with the main (party is very skewed toward warriors), but if you brought the dog, you could cheat that system. Plus, Lelianna and Zevran seem to like eachother, so maybe threesomes?

EDIT: And they're both bisexual! I decree that this is exactly what they had in mind all along.

12. magikot

If you play your cards right with them you can actually get them into a four-some. And dog would be cheating because he has an AOE stun which rogues can score all kinds of instant backstabs with.

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Foursome? Zevran, Leliana, Main, and the Dog?

14. magikot

Isabella at The Pearl in Denerim

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I remember her! Lord, Alistair's reaction was hysterical.

"I am a weak, weak man..." *snicker*

16. GrimmHatter

Interesting. I was wondering how I would fare with a mage/rogue tag team entering the Brecilian Forest to face off against the werewolves. Morrigan and myself (mage/shifters), and Leliana and Zevran (rogues). I really wish I wouldn't have missed getting the dog back in Ostagar.

17. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Dog is only good in early game, after that the other damage dealers outstrip it.

I did Brecilian Forest with Sten, Morrigan, Leliana, and my rogue, so I imagine you wouldn't have too much trouble.

18. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Your mage is a shifter?

Try restarting. ^_^

Seriously, you can do it, particularly if you have the proper lockdown spells. DA isn't -quite- so hard that you absolutely must have an optimized party. But being tankless -is- a drawback.

Incidentally, after finally completing my mage game, I've come to the conclusion that the strongest possible mage is an Arcane Warrior/Blood Mage. And no, I haven't tried that out; I say it because Blood Mages draw so much aggro that Arcane Warrior skills are necessary to survive.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Being a Spirit Healer/Arcane Warrior is just obscene fun. Kind of says it all, really... Only reason I didn't go Blood Mage was for RP reasons, mind you.

20. magikot

If you do Alistair's personal quest and toughen him up before you speak to Isabella you can actually convince him to have a threesome if you're female.

Our Host!