Increase Good Alignment After Dark Helm?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Warpscum, Nov 29, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Warpscum

Warpscum New Member

I used the Dark Helm to increase my Magickal Aptitude and thus my evil alignment aswell.

I almost always ends up playing a good character and would like to increase my good Alignment. I just seem to be unable.

I have had -100 Karma since I used Dark Helmet and I have chosen the nicest ways to deal with most situations and I ha given probably a couple of 100's of Gold to beggars, still the alignment is -100, evil.

I have since long removed the helm, so you know.

Is it an effect of the Dark Helm, that I can never get good again? Is there som way to make me good again, some special trick or even cheat?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Putting this file in your Arcanum folder will activate Virgil's Debug Menu, which means that Virgil will have a variety of cheats accessible by following the "Can I ask you some questions?" dialogue option with him. One of the cheats gives the player the possibility to change his own alignment.

3. Warpscum

Warpscum New Member

Thanks.

That doesn't seem to work for me, though. I put it in the game folder, there the arcanum.exe is located, and quit and restarted the game. Still Virgil is lacking the cheat menu.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I believe Grak means the Arcanum Module folder.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

No, Muro means the Arcanum Module folder. Leave me out of this, Grak doesn't cheat.

6. Warpscum

Warpscum New Member

Okay.

I tried to just put it in the module folder. Didn't work. I then tried to change activated module in "options" menu, but that didn't seem to be possible.

I think I might need really step-by-step instructions, child-style :D

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Of course he does!

No, Muro means the Arcanum game folder. Warpscum placed it in the right place.

Neither does Muro, but he tests a lot.

The previous location was the good one. It isn't working, yet it's not because of you but because of the game's version. The fact that it was possible to abuse the Dark Helm's power in your game shows that you're playing without Drog's Unofficial Arcanum Patch, and while I thought his Virgil's Debug Menu will work in vanilla Arcanum as well, your case proves that it actually doesn't. A pity.

A different solution to your problem which I can suggest - also a cheat - would be using a character editor. I have no experiences with those ones however, so someone else will have to help you with that.

8. Warpscum

Warpscum New Member

Thank you. I have found a Charcahter Editor and will try.

9. Kirov

Kirov New Member

Lol the Character Editor is the Easiest way,

And I love how EVERYBODY including me Doesnt know how to spell worth a damn on this Forum

Our Host!