Script #'s

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Shiin, Dec 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shiin

Shiin New Member

Need a little light on what the 1st free script number is ... as I assume by trial and error that simply naming the script 1250.scr will not mean that is its script number in the game.

therefore, im believing that I must find out what script number is free and how the hell do I tell the game to recognize the new script lol.

Im probably missing something seriously simple, though that is me ... I try to find the hardest solution i can.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Right - Arcanum's scripts use 5 numbers and a description. For example - 00001TeleportTest.scr.
    The description is optional but really helps if you need to find it again.

Now, the first 1000 numbers are reserved for stand-alone mods, and the UAP increases the number of used listings to 30303, so anything after 30310 would be safe.

Entering the example above into a character script listing is simple enough. You don't need to type in the 4 zeros, just the number 1. Or for a script named 30350Bob - enter 30350. That's it!

If you're entering a number into a dialog slot or similar and you haven't yet created it, WorldEd will warn you about it's non-existance but will allow the entry anyway. Just remember to create the scr before you test the scene.

3. Shiin

Shiin New Member

AHHH ok, that fixes this hurdle. ty Rroyo

Our Host!