how do I remove the follower Level requirement?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Oracle, Nov 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

Hello

Does anyone know how to disable or decrease the minimum level requirement you need to pick up followers?

It's kinda bugging me. I like my members to be the same level as me but sometimes I gain to much levels in between so some followers levels are lower then the player.

the dog doesn't look at you lvl and I also believe tullo does join when you're below lvl 29 ( only in the 1st encounter when disband him and you'll need to be latleast vl 29 again).could that be helpfull ?

Would this be a hard fix? decreasing is also fine maybe like 5 levels below the followers level.

I dont care much for the ballance issues, so please don't mention such critics.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Other than using the character editor to raise and lower your level as needed, the only way I can think of is to unpack the various Arcanum 1 to whatever.dats into someplace outside the game, seek out the dialog and scr files of the followers, modify the join levels as desired, drop the modified files into the proper data/dlg or data/scr folder, then go meet the future follower of your choice.

Hope this helps.

3. theorel

theorel New Member

Not sure if it works as advertised(never tested it myself). But editing ai_params.mes in the rules folder(unpacked). D9 is supposed to set how many levels above the PC the NPC can be and still follow. So setting them all to 50 should do it. If you do it let us know if it works. Some may be tested by scripts in which case they would need to be set as well, but I think most of the dlgs just tests against the ai_params.

You could definitely just remove all checks and that would work as well.(edit each script/dlg file, use the script command make X follower of Y)

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

thanks guys!

Rroyo did you by any chance edit the ai_params.mes file in your mod?

Or could i savely chence values without messing up your made followers?

EDIT,

The changes to ai_params.mes work wonderfully!
    I changed it to 10 levels. Think is will change the useage of magic for some followers aswell!

Our Host!