Girls and video games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alessandro_Monti, Nov 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I figured "brutally torturing a priest to death and then bragging about it" would attract you immediately, Xiao.

I really do have an awesome girlfriend, don't I? I'm so glad I was born a studmuffin.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Muff is short of muffins, get your head out of the gutter some of you people.

3. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I think there are plenty of women who are hideous and disgusting, either inside, outside or both. You should experience Louisiana some time. It'll open your eyes. Or maybe I should experience wherever you live since all the women are beautiful inside and out.

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Fat chicks aren't beautiful on the inside, the fat is stored on the inside.

5. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

We're all the same on the inside. Red, chunky, and filled with shit. That doesn't sound particularly beautiful to me.

6. Alessandro_Monti

Alessandro_Monti New Member

Yes, I know what 'not good looking' means, I even know what 'ugly' means - but those were the exceptions I were referring to.

Although, again, there are exceptions, the more you travel west, the more you see female characters with less than 7 points of BE, at least in Europe.
    So, if you want striking beauty then Romania, Eastern Europe and Russia are THE places to go. The furthest East I have traveled is Odessa, Ukraine, and I must admit I had never seen so many beautiful women in my entire life as I had seen in those 2 days there.

By 'inside' I'm talking about personality, that can be amazingly beautiful in a not-so-pretty girl and horrifying in a top-model.

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

That sounds like a personal preference. Typically, I see lots of guys who brag about how hot the women in their own culture is. I find women who have mixed blood between various European ethnicities to be very sexy, but this is probably because I live in Canada. WASPs aren't too bad looking either, but again, I'm from the Atlantic Provinces. Scandinavians look pretty sexy, but then again, I am one.

Conversely, there's also an attraction to the exotic. Asians? Hellz yeah, they're so different looking.

In contrast to what you've put forth, I personally find Eastern European eyebrows to be mean-looking. They turn me off a bit.

8. Alessandro_Monti

Yes, you're right. It IS my personal preference. And I agree that there should be variation. Otherwise we all would be choosing the same woman ultimately.

Edit: PS: More Eastern European girls admiring for me! :D

9. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

In the end, all women are like their mothers anyways. That is their tragedy.

10. Charonte

Charonte Member

Someone is just begging for Freud to be brought up, aren't they?

11. Alessandro_Monti

If what you mean is that as they grow old they tend to look like their mothers, then you are absolutely right. BUT, if they take care of their bodies all the time (be careful what and how much they eat, work-out) that can change.
    So if you don't want her to look like her mom, raise an alarm bell if she doesn't take care of herself, and if this doesn't work then raise 2 alarm bells, and if it still doesn't work RUN, run as fast as you can, as she might get worse than her mom.
    Again, that's just if you don't want her to look like her mom.

12. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

13. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You took that sentence out of context. Gross has taken his signature from point #3 HERE, and as you can see, it's all in good humor and at the same it answers your "why don't girls play video game too often" question in its own scientific way.

Keep in mind, that both lesbians and bisexuals would fit Xz's description. A description which, even though being a jest, works pretty much for all of the female gamers I recall. I'll be damned.

Ain't she a cutie!

It's a matter of taste, really.

Seriously, though. Women aren't angels or other divine creatures, they simply are what they are - mere human being. Therefore they share all the limitations of the species, in both body and mind. While I'm not the one who calls the majority of the girls he mets ugly (or maybe it's the fact that we simply have a lot of pretty girls here?), I know that saying that there isn't a fuckload of ugly girls out there would be lying to myself and my goddamn eyes. Not enough to call it the majority, buy they surely aren't "exceptions".

Now let's talk about the intestines. The inside, that is. This is a matter of opinion and I don't know you too well yet, Alessandro, but I'm guessing that the personality of Countess Elizabeth Báthory, Delphine LaLaurie, Darya Saltykova or La Quintrala is not something you would call beautiful, and it's not like they were the only evil bitches in the history of mankind.

While evil ones are just one thing (we could see them a fascinating in a way), spoiled'n'stupid ones are another. I don't have to slit Paris Hilton or Britney Spears open in order to state that they're full of crap (I still would do so nonetheless, for scientific purposes of course), and it's not like they are exceptions. I'd rather call them fair representatives of the majority. A lot of women are sluts concentrated on nothing more but shopping and popularity, a lot of them are narcissistic and empty (and popular culture isn't helping the situation, not one bit), a lot of them are hardly have any true opinion or personality, as opposed to a prosthetic replacement (which they accept because it's easier for them to be what the world expects them to be, not who they potentially could be), a lot are just plain boring because they don't really have any depth of true value, not to mention how but few of them have a brain of their own for making decisions and thinking.

Long thing short, a lot of women are ugly, and most of them are retarded. Oh, and that's not misogynic, mind you. The same goes for males as well.

It may not be the fact that every single female gamer has to be a tomboy by definition, but truth be said, quite a lot of them simply are, and most prove to be possessing a personality different in many aspects when compared to none-gamer girls. Or that's at least what I could say from my observation.

It was quite entertaining to read that, especially since that was after I've already gathered the pics for this post.

For some all of this, for some none, for some something completely different. You won't find a single answer to your question, everyone is different and everyone seeks something different.

My girlfriend more or less always appreciated a game from time to time, and from what I can tell in her case, it's purely for the fun, not the high score. For example, in Fallout she didn't have an ambition to create the greatest character ever and be a flawless killing machine (in fact, I found her distribution of character points, skill points and perks odd at best), but she had so much joy from roleplay and making fist-sized holes in ghouls, hearing them splatter and calling them names out loud that I was at the same time proud, fascinated and feeling so old with my cold and calculating approach.

A different example: my ex (who is a stupid bitch by the way, but we're not talking about that, not now at least), although not being a gamer, did play some GTA: Vice City, yet she didn't do a single mission in it, nor did she even aware that they are there. "What the hell?" - I thought - "How could you play GTA: VC and not be aware of the missions? What were you doing, then?". And I was enlightened that she just caused a lot of havoc. Mindless fun, but great fun. That's all that counted.

I could give more examples, but these two which I could examined closely already allow me to draw a conclusion which I already mentioned: males play for achieving high scores and being the best, girls play for the sheer fun of it. It's a simplification of course, but I do think there is some truth in it.

14. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I quoted Oscar Wilde, guys. Specifically Algernon. The whole line is:

"Women always end up as their mothers. That is their tragedy. Men never do. That is theirs."

Incidentally, not everybody's mom looks worn and weathered down. There are such things as hot moms. I feel bad for guys (or lesbians or bisexuals, I guess) with hot moms for never being able to truly appreciate it.

15. Alessandro_Monti

Point taken. Thanks for sharing the nice images, Muro, i think...

It still comes down to what you allow your eyes to see, and your brain to remember, and I for one usually see the beauty of life.

And, I think you should know that beauty is a trait naturally selected among humans. Beauty is an externalization of body health, and a lack of it will never be chosen over beauty when it eventually comes to perpetuating the species. Eventually, if not influenced by other factors (money, social status, crime etc. - thinking of the examples from history that were pointed out earlier), beauty will become a dominant trait. And even then there will be the same comparison, but the extremes will be different, and there will still be the evolution towards more and more beautiful.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

On Muro's last point: My father got to the end of the chainsaw murder mission, and then decided he would rather make money by doing the jump near the night club over and over again for hours.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I will happily admit that I'm something of a 'Plot Whore' gamer - if there's no story (or if the story reaches a certain level of SUCK), I won't play it.

I loved the over-arching plot of the Legacy of Kain games, incidentally, especially once Raziel got in there. Those games are pure undistilled awesome.

18. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

What about games like Grand Theft Auto (actually, I thought GTA IV had a decent story), where the point isn't the story, but enjoyment?

19. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Story is irrelevant, as long as I'm entertained.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I just happen to hate the GTA games. Dunno why, I just do. Never played one that got better than a disinterested 'meh' out of me.

Our Host!