Strange and Unsettling.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rain-Dog, Nov 10, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

No, but they can still stop production to drive the prices up.

Also OPEC is gay.

2. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I just want Fusion Power to become practical so the Arabs can suck it.

I really wonder what they're going to do with that huge infertile desert, with nobody buying their oil, and an angry tech-heavy Israel waiting to hammer them.

3. Xz

They're going to nuke the place where Israel keeps their nukes, isn't it obvious? And if they do I won't blame them because Israel can really be a dick sometimes.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'm sure that every Norwegian weeps tears of blood whenever that happens. I mean, driving the prices up? The bastards!

5. Xz

We do. Even though we create a lot of oil, we have expensive petrol, and when the oil prices go up, it becomes even more expensive.

6. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Yet the country has it's own oil and is an exporter, meaning you can supply the national demand yourselves. So when you pay for oil, your money is still kept in Norway.

Think of how a country with no natural oil take it.

P.S. Arabs have no nukes, and it was Arab countries who started the Israeli War. The Israelites could never hold on without US support though. Oh, and Jews have Bar Rafaeli, right?

7. Xz

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd be pissed too, if the international community decided that half of Norway now belonged to the Jews.

8. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

The seperation was declared after the Arabs began to think it was a good idea to kill Jewish immigrants and the Jews thought it was a good idea to fight back. Think North Cyprus, only approved by the UN.

Also, Israel was small when it was first formed. Very small. It multiplied in land when it had to fight defensive wars (which Israel was able to turn offensive).

9. Xz

I'd still be pissed.

North Cyprus? You mean the part which was illegally invaded? Yeah, it is kind of like that.
    I'd also like to add that Turkey is the ONLY country in the world recognising North Cyprus.

10. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

You should note that Turkey had the right to intervene, as per the agreement with Greece and UK. The "invasion" is an intervention, and it is not illegal.

11. Xz

So if the US, EU, and Russia, made an agreement which stated that Russia could intervene (read invade Turkey) if Turkey was about to join the EU that would be alright?

12. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Well, Norway, Denmark, and Sweden would think it's alright.
    Edit: Change that to US, EU, and Russia would think it's alright. Although I'm sure Russia would think it's alright even without an agreement.

13. Xz

They would. Looks a bit different from the other side though.

14. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Umm... The agreement has Cyprus as one of the sides. UK, Greece and Turkey are guarantors also.

Look at it this way. Assume there was a union between Norway and Sweden, as in one country. You have 50/50 parliamentary seats, two languages. Then the Swedes decide they're superior because they have numbers (assume here), and force Norwegians into enclaves and start killling them. Assume this union was protected by Iceland, UK, and Denmark according to treaties, and the Danes decide to intervene against the Swedes. They seperate Norway and form a new Norwegian state, which is not recognized by Iceland, UK or anyone. Norwegians suffer under embargo, while Sweden gains more power with open ports. Then they get stuck up and say Norwegians fail with the illegal state.

Can't tell it any more simpler. What you just said is not guaranteering or intervention, but outright conquest.

15. Xz

Most of the assumed in your post actually happened.

Anyway, you're telling me the Greek Cypriots were going to murder the Turkish Cypriots?

16. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

They forced Turkish parliamentaries and bureaucrats to resign at gunpoint, and then claimed "they resigned at their own will/did not show up". Then they start killing them, and force them to retreat into enclaves, and claim it was their choice. Then they try to bring the island under Greek control. The plan was carried out by EOKA-B, backed by the Greek Junta.

Now, to innocence claims: Was there a Turkish equivalent of EOKA? Yes (see. TMT). Were they bad people? Yes. Did they try to cleanse the Greeks, force Greek government members out of their posts, and bring the island under complete Turkish control? No. Did EOKA-B tried to do those, only for Greece instead of Turkey? Yes.

I say Turkey had the right to intervene and secure a portion of land for the Turkish population so they don't face ethnic cleansing again when they're left alone with the Greeks. I doubt a Greek or a European philhellene would agree with me though.

17. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I had a Jordanian roommate (she's back in Qatar doing Master's research right now), and from my experience, you just cannot argue with people who live in this section of the world when it comes to the Israel-Palestine conflict. There has been so much horrific bloodshed on both sides that everybody knows and believes that the other side is made up of evil demons. You should see how they go at it in the university newspaper. It's at the point now where they don't even quote experts from their side. They've started quoting intellectuals from eachother's societies who agree with them, so now it's not even an ethnic war. It's just a bunch of people fighting over nothing.

It's still an ethnic war in Israel, though.

Mesteut: In Greece's defense, if you hadn't stolen their woman waaay back when, they would never have started launching massive invasions in the first place. Also, how could you fall for that Horse idea?

18. Gjerdev Ankarus

Gjerdev Ankarus New Member

19. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

I'm with Xz on this one. To place it in the American perspective:

A bunch of Muslims declare Dallas as their Holy Land. The UN decides to give them Texas. What would we do?

Pick your respective country, imagine giving a big chunk of it to an ancestral enemy, and maybe you begin to see why the Palestinians are so pissed off.

20. Charonte

Charonte Member

That's also happening with Aboriginals in Australia. Most of them are mixed blood anyway and have no fucking claim to their 'ancestral land' are just gold digging. Pisses me off.

Our Host!