Money and character points beyond your wildest dreams!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Alessandro_Monti, Nov 14, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

To be fair EJ, that's a little difficult considering you deleted your account in what looked like a fit of rage. Besides, you were just roleplaying Drog, right?

And to be honest, I could care less about your previous posting habbits as I don't believe they're any excuse for current actions. It would be nice if, instead of calling bullshit on someone elses experience, that you either added constructively to what was otherwise a useful thread or fuck off as DF already said.

In any case, I hope trolling here has stroked your ego enough for today.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I sincerely doubt that. I may have caused havoc for a few accounts, quite some time ago, but even I know better than to troll the AH&T/AD sections. How many of your sixty six posts have been you retorting to someone calling you out?

You know, I wasn't angry when you banned me. Hell, I actually kind of liked your idea. The problem was that you never announced it, talked to the other admin/mods about it, and then left in a huff without explaining yourself. Then you return, only to troll the legitimately useful sections of the forum? I may have raised hell here for a good year or few, but even I knew where not to troll.

You've done great things for this community. Don't ruin a great history and good name by being a vaghat. You left the Codex for here, after they mocked you, and the issue with the Ruskies. You came here because of that. Why don't you move on, and go be DBT elsewhere, or just go quietly into the night?

3. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

OK. Here's just a few.

editing dominate will
    Remove follower count
    Arcanum vs. The Clock
    Tarantian
    Playing Arcanum without a violent approach (when possible)
    Help the Noob Create a Quest

Maybe YOU could have provided answers to these questions, eh? If not, I suggest you shut it. When was the last time you played Arcanum, anyway? 3 years ago? More?

No, I left it because I could no longer stand the 4chan memes that were running rampant.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

You claim to not even have Arcanum installed at all in one of the posts you link, so please don't try to use "it's been ages since you played Arcanum" as a retort. The loyal among us have kept Arcanum on their computers since the day they installed.

5. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

The thing is, I don't think I'm going to reinstall it, at least not in a few years. I can play it in my head.

It's not about mythical 'loyalty', but about real knowledge.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Thank you, DarkFool, for summing up my feelings far more rationally and calmly than I'm capable of doing right now. (Hello sleep deprivation, my old friend...)

You know the really sad part about all this, EJ? I used to have so much respect for you, I really did. And then you went off in a huff and I thought 'well, I guess he's entitled to leave on his own terms, even if they are a bit silly...'

And then you came back and promptly pissed all the respect I'd built up for you into a little pot and tossed it out the window by acting like a childish fool. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. All you're doing is damaging your own reputation and by extension diminishing the great service you did to the community.

7. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

I was never interested in building my e-cred. Don't you find it a bit silly caring about the reputation of a fictional character?

Drog was taking this place way too seriously, but I don't. I suggest you also lighten up a bit and stop acting like my late grandma.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

And my point has just been proven in spectacular style. Well done, you're doing more to add weight to my words than I ever could.

9. Charonte

Charonte Member

I seem to remember a post about "being done with Arcanum". If you dont care about your e-cred I'm starting to wonder why you're even here.

Either way, if you don't want people to treat you like their grandchildren then might I ask you stop acting like a moronic child and start respecting threads (and posters) that were otherwise helpful. Even a 'fictional character' should have enough decency for that.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Hrm. I'm starting to wonder if the Yads virus from red.arts.drwho has somehow made his way across the web and infested Drog's brain. That would explain SO much.

11. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

The same reason you are here. Gee, was it so hard to figure it out?

That's what the moderators are for. Oh, wait...

12. Charonte

Charonte Member

Err, I was actually here as I'm not done with Arcanum. So I thought, anyway. Clear things up?

Not being moderated is not an excuse to be a toss as far as I can see.

13. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

And I'm posting here just for the hell of it, like, I'm sure, most of the posters. There doesn't have to be some deep meaning to posting on an internet forum.

I've been here longer than you. I've seen threads being derailed far worse than this. People didn't like Drog's strict moderation, so we're back to derailing goodness, it seems! If the staff cared, they would have split this thread right away.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Actually, it wasn't your strict moderation that got people angry. It was that lovely trick of banning someone over a rule you hadn't bothered to make clear to the forum in general.

15. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

16. Charonte

Charonte Member

Hypocritical much? Seems to me like you've gone back on your own, or Drog's word. But hey, if that's why you left in a tantrum the first time then sure.

Personally, I could care less what the moderators think need to be moderated. Like you said in less words, it's less about them and more about being respectful to a new member.

But hey, if you don't want to stand for your own principles on this forum then what do I care. Just don't act like a pretentious tool in a thread such as this.

FYI, I have been lurking here significantly longer than you might think.

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Haven't seen much new additions to the vault of folly since dbt left.

18. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Drog/EJ: Why are you now contradicting yourself with your said principles? It only makes it more clearly to us that you really think that this kind of rules is only for someone else, but not for you. Oh, wait...you are still role-playing right.

19. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Having not seen this tread before and finding it already four pages deep, I was hoping it was merely a grave dig.

Granted, a sizable fraction of these pages consists of Zanza and Xiao_Caity having at eachother--a dynamic that I have come to appreciate. Additionally, there is the retaliation against Drog Black Tooth's reincarnation for continuing to contribute here, another dynamic that alghough is wearing thin, still has its place in some limited faculty.

Then there's the new guy, Alessandro_Monti.
    Let's not make assumptions about other people's civility. I argue that it would have been more civil to have stated directly that there are opportunities for abuse in rroyo's A:WIP rather than coyly listing those opportunities. Face it, few people like to be corrected, and if you are going to design a certain minimum of interpretation into your communication, you've waived the right to be defensive when people attempt to correct or clarify it.

Edit: After browsing some more threads, I was reminded that "Drog" is in fact spelled with only the one 'g.'

20. Alessandro_Monti

Alessandro_Monti New Member

THAT is an assumption. That is why I really retaliated. Not because I was corrected. I apologized for making that mistake.

Was this really necessary? Please tell me, what would you think about a person that out of the blue starts talking like this? Or like this:
    Civilized?

It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you. How would you define a person saying:
    I would say he is a person who fell in love with his own legend.

True, I am new, I don't know who is who or what they've done, so their own words are the only face they give themselves. That is the only way I can picture them.

I honestly believed these bugs to be fun and that some would make an interesting quest. Have I really been uncivilized at this point?

First, I would like to say how I came to make THE mistake. On the Downloads sections of the terra-arcanum site is is the link to Arcanum WIP named "Arcanum Work in Progress, BETA 6.0". Now, I don't blame this on anyone or anything other than a certain lack of attention when I have read the tittle for the first time, moment in which I unconsciously chose BETA instead of WIP the default title for the work.
    And second, I really don't mind being corrected, when the remark is formulated in a constructive manner, like the first part of his second post:
    but then of course comes out of nowhere the "STFU NOOB", that determined the 'defense', as a natural reaction.

Our Host!