Cast Desintegrate on object: "Drog Black Tooth"

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Muro, Oct 18, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Phadech

Phadech New Member

I just wanted to have a quick look here for any possible upgrades of UAP and I see this.

Unbelievable.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

While I am not fast to side with DBT on much, I must say that you're quite the pesky little troll. I give you credit, though, in sparking Drog off by heckling him. You say that you can logically dissect his posts, and while I think you probably could, I think you're far more likely to simply flame him, and pester him. Given that this is the site feedback section, I'd say that you should take your heckling elsewhere.

UAP has had it's final update, DBT/EJ hates T-A and is no longer modding Arcanum, and that's where things stand, and will most likely end.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Awwww, how cute, you think I'm your moll! You ain't a Don, honey, you ain't even a Skeeve. And me, I'm a lady damn it.

(And seriously, harassing us about not updating the secrets page because you posted a link to something we all knew about and didn't think was worth the effort? That's both bossing as around and being a dick. All you need to do now is post a tubgirl link and you'll have the trifecta of internet arseholery.)

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I must find out, I am searching now, if I do not return, it has been fun.

7. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Zanza: You really want to know what a Tubgirl is? I think you should listen to Xiao, before it will burn your eyes out.

DarkFool: But who did had the Dancing Chris Farley then? I am 100% sure that I saw that someone had this.

8. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be an internet argument if somebody didn't at some point have a giant-ass post with the OP broken up ten times with retarded counter-points for each section.

It would be like a day without sunshine, like eating pie without ice cream, or like visiting New York without getting shanked in an alleyway.

9. Charonte

Charonte Member

My thoughts exactly. I hate logging on to find an unnecessarily long post about an opinion I don't particularly care for that, in the end, is nothing if not an over-the-top "analytical" outlook on something that was meant to be taken literally anyway.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I knew you liked chocolate!

11. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

GA: Just to note, I never stated otherwise. What I wanted to say was the fact that Tempus Fugit and its meaning were natural enough for me to not think of them as a culture reference. A good comparison in terms of similar mentality would be how even thought Arcanum has elves, I never thought that we should note it in the Easter Eggs section as a reference to the fantasy genre. Not considering Tempus Fugit a culture reference to date doesn't mean that I don't classify it as one now, after I thought a bit about it, though.

Muro approves of being curious about such material.

12. Gjerdev Ankarus

Gjerdev Ankarus New Member

I suppose I wasn't trying to flame him at first, but he obviously came here to provoke us. I doubt anyone would deny that.

In any case, Drog looks to have run off again, and if so then it means that I've accomplished the goal I had in mind when I hit reply. That doesn't mean I don't respect him, and that doesn't mean I didn't have a damn good reason for telling him off. His work was of the obsessively tedious and frustrating variety, and I will forever worship him for what he did for Arcanum. As an administrator, he showed a more childish side, taking things too seriously and going mad with power at times, but in a way he was my kind of admin. He just went too damn far. And when he came back here spouting hypocricy and a false sense of superiority (dollface? Yeah, that's enough of that), it pissed me off. I'm offended, DarkFool, that you call me a troll and reduce what I did to mere heckling, because there was a point to what i was doing. In honesty, I thought I was doing this place a service; hoping to chase him off and remove his ego from our list of regular annoyances. It came out as simple heckling, because an intelligent argument would have only kept him fighting. I prevented a flame war, I didn't start one, even though I'm sure you'll only interpret this statement as ego on my part. Perhaps you'll at least concede that Drog deserved it.

Oh, and Zanza: I know I'm probably too late, but make sure you wear protective goggles. The images you're seeking pollute the photons emitted by your monitor, causing instantaneous blindness if they make direct contact with the retina in large quantities.

To Philes and Charonte, I happen to enjoy a nice post-a-thon of diluted logic stretched painfully over ten paragraphs per relevant sentence. Breaks up the monotony, you know. I just kept it simple because otherwise he'd have been more likely to respond with a post only as drawn out as mine would have been. And on a somehow related topic, if you really like chocalate, I've a few links you might find handy.

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Personally, I like the guy with the unpronounceable name above. And, historically, I'm fairly good at noticing the trolls early on.

At any rate, I'd agree that Drog is like the Greek God of Arcanum. It's nice that he used some clay and built a city for us, but I don't want him raping my women.

And yeah, 'dollface' was stupid. This is Terra-Arcanum. We know how to flame people. We don't need to resort to sweeping generalizations on gender or race (except Arabs). Hell, we don't even know if Xiao is really even a woman not. All we have is a purported picture of her breasts that was an internet meme before she ever arrived.

14. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

You're as much of a lady as Marilyn Manson is a gentleman.

Not only that, there are some new findings in the Easter Eggs thread as well.

Also, Gjerdev Ankarus, you're a quite bad troll, if you have to explain your flaming reasons in a long ass post.

15. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

[​IMG]

Whatever do you mean?

16. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

17. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I persume that you as much as a gentleman as Andy Dick is funny, or as Grimlock of the transformers is liking humans. I know that you had/have some problems with things, but you do not have to spill your frustrations on other people. That will not get you any further.

18. Gjerdev Ankarus

Gjerdev Ankarus New Member

You're right, I'm being completely trollish, immature, and illogical.

You, however, are doing NONE of these things. In fact, it's particularly admirable that you stick to the topic and relevant things rather than launch personal attacks. Bravo.

If you're going to stay here and bicker, at least use logic.

19. Charonte

Charonte Member

Hey, leave EJ alone guys. He's just roleplaying a contemptuous twat.

I love chocoloate! I have a tubgirl-related pic that involves nothing but chocolate somewhere...

20. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Wins the thread.

Our Host!