Let's Play - Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Oct 19, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Would you let Xiao run a Let's Play here at HoL?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2009.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. WTF is a Let's Play?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

It is, but someone had to protect her from that horror, and because I have an immunity for this kind of horror.

I really cannot wait to play some RPGs for the PC. Who will be the first to play the game, and will you choose someone, or must someone volunteer?

Edit: I spy with my little eye, that I have the 1000th post!

2. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

And someone has hit 1k posts, I see.

Also a note - too bad there aren't any good Star Wars RPG's (except the KotOR series, which I've finished a dozen times each game). Could kill to see how Dark Side T-A forums were, extreme or over the limit.

3. kcwong

kcwong New Member

I love KotOR1 - but KotOR2? It starts great, but its quality literally disintegrates around the time you train your padawan. Cut-scenes missing (like in the final sequence, how you end up outside the crashed ship, on the surface, separated) awkward cut-scenes (like the ones between the robots, due to animations or voice-over missing I assume), totally undeveloped main villain (the force sucker dude).

How's the restoration project going anyways? I didn't bother to check...

4. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

KotOR 2 is definitely not as good as KotOR 1, but still, it's a respectable RPG. Darth Nihilus was a stupid idea though. Anyways, the Restoration Project isn't moving at all these days. We still have the torrented 1.08b version, so we can still play a semi proper version of the game. It has bugs, but you can work around them, and the additions are great.

KotOR1 was awesome, and SWTOR is going to be the same, I hope.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Arth!

I never played any of the KotORs (most propably will try them out one day), yet I saw a cutscene showing a dialogue - if we call call it that - between Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus and the voice of the second one gave me the shivers (simply awesome, even though he apparently said two completely different sentences using the same "words"). It's sad to hear that his in-game feel may not be as perfect as I expected.

6. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

That cutscene is restored content - as in it was cut from the original game, and was added in by the restoration mod (not Team Gizka's, another one).

Darth Nihilus still gave me a shiver when I first played the game. Especially at the first cutscene when he appeared out of the blue.

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I liked KotOR II more than KotOR I. Maybe you guys are confused. KotOR I is the game where a dude with mechanical braces chases you around the galaxy.

8. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

KotOR2's graphics were like KotOR1's graphics with coffee spilled on it. KotOR1 was a classical Star Wars Movie-like adventure with an plot twist as good as the one in the Original Triology. KotOR2's story, although a little interesting in lore, was just too... I can't put it in English words, but it was... "lacking". And not to mention the cut content. With the cut content, KotOR2 does become a classic like KotOR1. Damn you LucasArts with your early marketing rush. :x

Play the game with a torrented 1.08b Restoration Mod, and you'll understand what I mean.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

KOTOR 1 is on the list of games I'll eventually play, assuming that the guy who promised to let me use his copy actually manages to FIND said copy. *sigh*

10. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Until that happens, I would stop giving him sexual favours.

Cause I assume that's the trick he's pulling.

11. Charonte

Charonte Member

So, any progress on this? I think it's been more than three days providing all this quaternion math hasn't completely fucked with my head.

Being NaNoWriMo, I guess you're holding off and waiting for the hard copy to show up. Oh well.

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'm waiting for a.) my physical copy to arrive because FUCK I need something other than Guitar Hero and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for my DS; and b.) the ROM, because the instant it's out I'll get geared up and do the introduction. My wordcountage is actually ahead right now.

13. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Update: As we speak, I'm downloading the just-released ROM of the first LP game! :D

16. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Let me guess: it's Leisure Suit Larry, right?

17. Dodgy7

Dodgy7 New Member

If they hadnt ruined the series I would've been all for it!

I (obviously) always prefered Lucas Arts stuff, but Sierra had some good games too.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

19. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Just replayed Quest for Glory IV the other day instead of doing an essay. I'm now paying for that procrastination however it did take me 5 hours to complete it, personal record for me as when I first played it, when it first came out it was a real puzzler.

20. Dodgy7

Dodgy7 New Member

That's the problem with (semi-)adventure games unfortunately. Anyways, when I get old, I should have some neat senility genes from my mother's side to take care of that problem, which will allow me to re-play these games with the original amount of puzzles over and over.

Our Host!