Muro and pervert_dog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Oct 3, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The red/natural colors were the greatest reason why I hesitated to changed my avatar to Lou when Drog made it possible, since I knew it would be a goodbye to my beloved blue avatar+signature composition. Now, when I decided to do this custom I initially planned to make it red. But then I though that since I'm the one GIMPing it, I might as well take advantage of the situation and give it my personal touch with making it blue.

Next thing. Although I didn't fully understand the problem with the brightness when I gave my first suggestion, I now looked at the latest one a little and realised that it's genarally a bit too bright even for me. Since the brightness was considered a fault by most of the members who spoke, I'm guessing no one will have anything against a slightly darker (and a slightly sharper) version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just noticed the pronounciation of that one. Amusing.

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Still hard on the eyes. I'd suggest exchanging red for blue in the current avatar and signature.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I like the current shine. It's way fancier than the original Muro.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

OK then, how about a confrontation between the last shining version and a non-glowing one?

SPARKLE ON!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SPARKLE OFF!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dodgy7

Dodgy7 New Member

For the record, I'm pro skarkle.

I didnt really want to say anything here, as it's obviously none of my damn business as a new guy. However, and correct me if I'm wrong, reading stuff at TA is supposed to hurt a little? (It's a good kind of pain).

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

That was supposed to be the funny part and I made a typo in it? Damn, I knew I should go to sleep and then post it. Fortunately I have this little edit thingy, oh yes I do! :click: Voila!

We're all masochists, in one way or another.

Also, I guess you're the least new new guy around. Like a grandpa in high school.

10. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

Zack Morris once found a guy that would sell really cheap gold class rings and convinced Bayside to buy them, but it turned out to be a scam and the rings were fake and left black marks on the students fingers. Mr. Belding had a field day.

11. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

NO SPARKLE!!! VAMPIRES DONT SPARKLE DAMN IT!!! *Stabs rabid Twilight fans*

...wait... this wasn't about twilight sparkles..?

*Stares at littered corpses* Ummm... you didn't see this. Puppy, a little help getting rid of these please?

12. Gjerdev Ankarus

Gjerdev Ankarus New Member

Non sparkle looks like shit compared to your current avatar. (Not really bad, [not that it matters] but your current one is definitely preferable to it.)

While I think the sparklage looks pretty damned awesome, I know I'll end up dodging it with my eyes every time I look at one of your posts. I like the idea of resizing the current avvy and leaving it out of the gallery, cheap as it is.

13. Xz

14. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Making it general blue is good. However, making only the eye blue didn't work as good.

Perhaps you could try texturing the eye on a light blue color, but I doubt it would work as good as the red.

In fact, here's an example of a nicely textured incorporated eye:

[​IMG]

(I) Can't do better, I'm afraid.

15. Xz

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I'm not really a great fan of what I'm about to post, which would be the full version of Xz's suggestion from the previous page, but I believe all suggestions should be visable for everyone. Plus I'm so afraid of the latest pic of Lou he posted minutes ago that I'm also doing it for the sake of self-defense and distracting attention.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Xz

I'm actually a fan of the copping out option. Let's give you the full sized version of your current red avatar, and remove your current one from the gallery.

18. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just something like this, eh? Gah, I don't know. Cheap techniques are known for being cheap. rroyo didn't need to have his avatar removed from the gallery when he got a custom. A custom is a great thing, but this path would leave a bad aftertaste of being the only member with a semicustom and I'm not sure how I like the feel of that. I know my grumble doesn't have a say, but I'm just giving thoughts for everyone to consider.

EDIT: The pic had some problems. Imageshack apparently doesn't like me these days. Anyway, fixed.

EDIT 2: Why not add a proper, slightly improved sig?

19. Xz

Well, tell you what: If you find a Lou you want that doesn't hurt people's eyes - you've got yourself a custom.

20. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I think I've found why the blue monocle does not look good on it's own. While the monocle is blue, whih is a cold color, the armor is painted in hot colors. Having one cold color in a picture full of hot colors does not look good.

If you could make the armor more blue'ish, and the face a little more grey, then a blue monocle could work.

I should have a go at it when I get home.

Our Host!