Male versus Female...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Kharth, Oct 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kharth

Kharth New Member

I've only ever beaten the games with male characters, and I was wondering (before I committed to it solely for that purpose), is there any real difference in character interactions and the story as a whole when you play as female?

Right now I've got a Half-Orc Sorceress with Nietzsche Poster Child Background who's level 30... So I'll probably beat it either way. Just wanting to know in case I get bored with her, and want to start over. Heh. Hard to get in the mindset while not playing as a male.

2. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

You can have sex with various people around, but other than that, no difference.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Female characters have boobs. You can squeeze them when no one's looking. What more would you want?

I finished the game with a chick once. The differences were so minor that you could very well generalize that there aren't any. None too significant, that's for sure. You can become an, well, employee at Madame Lil's and get money instead of girls for doing her quests if you want, you need to get an invitation to get to the Gentlemen's Club (two ways), as I said, minor things. I never payed much attention to intercourses in Arcanum, but I do know you can have wild hot lesbian at Madam Lil's, be it with a girl, two or Belle, yet I'm not sure if romances with a certain elf and another dark elf while being a female are possible. If I recall correctly, the elf doesn't initiate anything, while the dark elf is happy to play naughty games with you.

4. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Muro, look.

I thought no real romance was possible with both said possible elves, male or female.

Unless you call a few flirtatious talks as "romance"... I wouldn't call it romance after I banged Bastila as Revan in KotOR1 though. The offspring becomes the ancestor of Satele Shan in SWTOR.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

1) One can play in a way where a sensual bond between the elf and the Living One comes to existance. A mutual developing sensation which can be consummated right before the benishment in an act of tender love.

2) If the Living one is attractive and evil, the dark elf will desire to fuck with him like an animal.

Romance is a wrong word for the second case, I admit, but it surely fits the first one.

6. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Is this Vanilla, UAP, UAP+Extra Content, or A:WIP? I don't remember getting any of those. A pity =(

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It is vanilla, therefore UAP and A:WIP as well.

I don't think I got the second option (apparently more beauty than a standard elvish 9 is required, or perhaps my not-that-impressing charisma of 4 had something to do with it), while the first one should be available for any good human/elf/half-elf, as long as they choose tender dialogue options with the elf whenever it's possible.

8. Kharth

Kharth New Member

Thanks for the info. Muro, if you wouldn't mind, how do I get the invite to the gentleman's club so I can do the Ogre island quests? Just wait till the owner shows up?

Also. My Half-Orc is shexy. 10 beauty, and after I max Charisma and Intelligence, I'll be throwing the rest into it. Which rings up another question...

Is it possible to do the persuade option with Kerghan with a Half-Orc? Since technically even if I max persuade the bar isn't all the way full? I remember not being able to figure out how to do it with an Elf I beat the game with once... I had max persaude 20 CHA, 20 INT, and had Arronax with me. Eventually I gave up with the trial and error approach... Considering I had to watch that damnable video of Kerghan's every damn time. ARGH!

Edit: ...really straying off subject here, but if there's a blessing guide in this forum, can someone be a kind fellow and link me to it? I followed one before and it didn't work, so obviously it was wrong. And I'd really like to do it with my Orcy.

9. Idiotfool

Idiotfool New Member

The owner of the club is in the northernmost house on Vermillion. It's offset from the road, so check the map. He never leaves his home, so don't wait around for him.

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You do know you can just skip it, right?

Well it used to be here, but it doesn't seem to work at the moment, at least for me. But the guides all all over the Webz, for example here. And it's not that offtopic, since the final blessing does give - among other things - a boost in persuasion, which would be quite handy if your half-orc would need precisely 20 in persuasion in order to change Kerghan's mind.

11. Kharth

Kharth New Member

I didn't know you could skip it. The last time I beat it was without this patch. I don't think you can without this one. Very glad you can now though. And thank you much sir. Your help is greatly appreciated.

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Always glad to give someone a hand. Or some other spare body part I have at the moment.

You must have overlooked it somehow, for that cutscene (as well as any other cutscene) could be skipped in vanilla Arcanum. I talked a lot with Kerghan (and Nasrudin, for that matter) and believe me when I say that I would go insane if their speaches were unskippable. Not that I didn't go insane for other reasons, but that's a different subject.

13. Kharth

Kharth New Member

First, after clicking the link to the blessing quest. I am confused by one part of it. On the third circle, it lists lesser gods which you have previously been blessed by... Do you do all of those again before getting Kaitan's blessing? Or is it simply just listing what you should have previously done?

In that case... Uh... (almost wish I had made the title of the thread, Hi I'm An Annoying Newb and want to ask a lot of inane questions about tips and tricks!)

And uh... Ahem. How the hell do I get that damn sword in the Ancient Maze by Dernholm?

14. Idiotfool

Idiotfool New Member

Some of those questions are asked and answered in the appropriate Arcanum Help forum. That said, I'll answer the second one, since I know it...

You can't get the sword in the maze unless you cheat. However, since it's an Arcane Greatsword, you can do the the next best thing... buy it from a Gypsy. They stock all non-unique magical items in the game, at random. The sword should cost between 10 and 15k, but it's a pretty awesome weapon.

15. Dodgy7

Dodgy7 New Member

Yes, you need to revisit the gods you've already made offerings to in order to complete the third circle. There are only eight lesser gods in Arcanum, so you would have to bring offerings to some of them twice to make three sets of four. Anyways, the order on gamebanshee should be correct. As I have nothing better to do, Ill do a quick recap here:

1: Ter'el -> Makaal -> Alberich -> Geshtianna -> Halcyon
    2: Torg -> Bolo -> Kerlin -> Shakar -> Moorindal
    3: Alberich -> Makaal -> Kerlin -> Bolo -> Kaitan

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

No, you have to do what's written. In order to complete all of the circles, you have to give offerings to some of the gods twice. If you look at Mazzerin's Mystery you will see all the answers there and notice how the paths of the circles are interrelated with each other:
    • First Circle: good, neutral, neutral, good, greater good
    • Second Circle: evil, neutral, neutral, evil, greater evil
    • Third Circle: neutral, neutral, neutral, neutral, greater neutral (two neutral ones from each of the previous circles)
    • Last Step: All-Father
    The All-Father created whole Arcanum, including good and evil itself, so you have to prove you know all of his children: both good and evil as well as the balance between them before he will honor you with accepting your offering. It all makes sense, doesn't it?

I can see that Dodgy7 posted the info before I did, but I had too much fun with the colors to delete it just like that.

You could always edit the first post. But I wouldn't be so harsh upon myself if I were you.

He speaks the words of truth. The sword is just a little something from Troika to piss off the players.

It's an Arcane Sword, actually.

Not quite. The Gypsies stock some of the lower class magickal items with a high propability and all of the arcane equipment at a very low propability.

17. Dodgy7

Dodgy7 New Member

In your defense, I skimped on the colours. I had it coming.

18. Kharth

Kharth New Member

Well I knew about the arcane swords being sold by Gyspys. I just didn't know that's what it was... After all of that trouble to get the damn thing I'd assume it'd be on par with the Bangellion Scourge, or better. Ha.

Thanks for the help guys. And not being too harsh. Much love friends.

Our Host!