Cast Desintegrate on object: "Drog Black Tooth"

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Muro, Oct 18, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Now that Drog is gone, who will take over his job as Mod/Admistrator?

No, if I am not mistaken, we still need the Fourth Horseman of The Apocalypse to end the world.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

He just may. Or not. I'm far from making guesses, but it simply wouldn't be the first nor the second time when Drog would abandon the UAP and reject TA/the Codex, only to return some time later and continue the project.

We already have all four of them. Hell, we even got a spare fifth one, in case something goes wrong. Come forth Apocalypse, I await thee!

3. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

How often does Drog Black Tooth abandon communitites and what is generally the stimulus?

4. Arthgon

I presume that it could be that he is too sensitive for criticism, and that is probably one of his main problems. Just hope that he will think it all over, calms down and then returns to us.

5. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I figured Drog would bail at some point or another. He's great at his work, but he's always been a bit of an asshole, as I first noticed when he whined incessantly about somebody's custom portrait thread, probably because he was upset that the newbie was getting more attention than he was. Seriously, the guy came in, showed off his work, and shortly had to deal with Drog Blacktooth telling him that he wasn't worthy of making additions to Arcanum.

Yeah, he does good work. That's nice. Too bad his head rapidly grew to be too large. Drog was beginning to think he was our great Machiavellian leader. How can you expect to be taken seriously when you're so out of touch with everything else on the forum? Was he asleep for the 9 years before he imposed his 'do not complain' rule? Or did he simply think it would be amusing to arbitrarily pass out law that contradicts with long-standing forum rules as listed in this thread on point 8? How about point 7 "the forum generally runs itself"? Sorry, Drog, but if you were upset that nobody responded well to you changing our forum's societal network on a whim, that's a personal problem. This is an Oligarchy, not an Autocracy. It's nice that you were accepted into the Oligarchic fold, but it does not change that you have three or four other admins to bother with all the time.

I suspect Drog will be back eventually, as he seems the sort of person to do so, but I'm not particularly upset he's left. It sucks that he's not churning out great mod works anymore (something which, if he had decided to focus his attentions on producing, would have allowed him to achieve his wish for internet popularity and servitude), but it's better than having to see him post his aggressive powermongering everywhere.

In summary, I see Drog like I see Roman Polanski. I love Polanski's movies, but the guy still raped a 13 year old girl, so I don't see any reason to like the person himself.

6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

As stated previously, my history here is limited as is my exposure to Drog Black Tooth's habits, but he impressed me as the more consistent and level of the Lords here. I would go so far as to say that his responses to others were cold, but they were also always complete and flame-free. Ignoring his actual contributions to Arcanum, this direct interaction with the other members of The House is remarkable, especially when taking into account how the majority of the other members choose to communicate with eachother.

I would venture that having his judgment on DarkFool overturned by peers was what has set him off. That's a pity that could have been avoided by the administrators and moderators privately discussing and agreeing upon how specific behaviors should be dealt with, but perhaps that would be taking this community too seriously.

7. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Taking this community seriously in even the slightest bit is taking this community too seriously.

8. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I absolutely agree, he should've suggested such drastic, and completely unheard of changes, privately, so that we could say no in private. When he goes to ban someone without any kind of notification what so ever, however...

9. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Odd.
    I always figured you admin types chatted on a semi-regular basis about thing behind the scenes.

After Drog got admin powers to manage the mod sections he started to exercise the powers more and more.
    I always thought that it was more or less with the blessings of those with more seniority/status than him.

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Drog never really asked anyone anything, he just did his own thing.

11. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    So, when he started to become a bit of a thread nazi here of late, no one in power tapped him on the shoulder for a little talk amongst peers?

If the public chastisement over DF was the first sign he had that things were amiss, then that probably was what sent him over the edge. Or if other things were afoot, the preverbal straw.

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

*Closes the crack in the Admin door*

Thats enough storytime for today children.

13. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    *sigh*
    Fine.
    But somebody better tuck me in and get me a glass of water.

14. Xz

No the first sign was this.

15. mathboy

mathboy New Member

You need to be careful when you give somebody power. There are lots of things they can fuck up.

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

17. Xz

Yes, and you seem to be living proof.

18. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Hey, I'm not the one who didn't remove my admin privileges when I didn't show up for a long while.

19. Xz

Yes you are, but you're not alone about being that.

20. Arthgon

I could be very wrong but did that happened, after you banned Xz and me? Now the next big question would be who will take over Drog's job?

Our Host!