Half Ogre techy

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by flyingmonkey, Oct 16, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Good call DF!
    That's what we need for Arcanum.
    A Cthulhu mode.

2. Dodgy7

Dodgy7 New Member

I was kinda skeptical about it working at first, but essentially you just make sure there's a wall between you and your target and then use the dynamite on them. The idea is that as long as there's no obvious path to the target, the dynamite will just end up in their pockets without actually being close to them at all. This means they wont hate you once resurrected as they didnt notice you put it there.

You still might get the attention of people on your side of the wall though, but the Wise Woman is pretty secluded so that wasnt an issue over there.

3. flyingmonkey

flyingmonkey New Member

Lol, I want to play an idiot savant cthulu. Then anytime anyone gives me crap about talking slow I'll eat their souls.

Is that a lit stick of dynamite in your pocket or are you just glad to see me :p

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

That just multiplied at least two times the chance that I'll ever play a techie focused on explosives. My thanks for that.

5. Dodgy7

Dodgy7 New Member

I cant take the credit for it (well, I probably could), as I first read it in this thread, who apparently got it from somewhere else in turn. Still works though.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Only time I ever used explosives to any effect, I placed some remote-explosive (plastique?) a few feet outside the door where the half ogre twin's skulls are, and then threw dynamite at the doors. Doors explode, ogre/mechanical spider rush out, turn based mode engages, I explode spider, and damage ogre. I then shot him to death before he got close.* :D

*I'll admit, however, that I wanted them to die this way, as it sounded epic in my mind, so I actually wound up spending quite a fair bit of time reloading saves in order to get it to work.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You may not get credit for the discovery, but you get credit for spreading the word. For what good would it be for us to have someone discover the trick seven years but not have anyone nowadays to tell us about it, aye?

8. Post-Internet Syndrome

Post-Internet Syndrome New Member

Since when is there a spider in that warehouse? To my knowledge the ogre has a wererat as company.

9. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I apologize. It's been quite some time since I truly got far in playing Arcanum. You are correct that it was a Wererat. I guessed, as I recalled there was something in there with the Ogre, but didn't know what.

Our Host!