Eyegear hates me

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Gloomy, Oct 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Gloomy

Gloomy New Member

I hate starting two threads in two days, but this is really bugging me, so to hells with it.

I have Arcanum + 1.0.7.4 + UAP (with all the included modules) + High Res at 1280x1024 + High Quality Maps + High Quality Music, installed that order.

I'm currently playing a gun wielding human with the hyperactive background. He's on level 15 with +1 to pe (9), +4 to ch (12 with gypsy blessing), +2 into firearms (apprenticed) and + 2 to persuasion (apprenticed). Everything else is at 8. The only schematic he currently knows is the Bullets one, which he uses an explosives manual to make.

Now to my problem. I've just finished clearing out the BMC and I found a set of eyegear (eygears?) which should raise my perception by two points. Now, I may not be a mathematical genius, but I always lived confident in the fact that 9 + 2 = 11. I'm currently baffled as to why it appears to be 10 when I put the eygear on.

I've checked all my other equipment and there are no perception penalties. I even went full out nude to see if there wasn't a hidden penalty. No effect. Perhaps I'm missing something? Searching turned up nothing, unless I messed that up as well. So could somone perhaps enlighten me? Thank you.

Edit: A really irritating typo.

2. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Perhaps you have eye injuries? Check your log book... it's on the opposite page of your statistics of enemies defeated.

BTW I see no problem starting a new thread when you have a new question.

In fact I much prefer it that way - keeps the different information separate, making a search on these forums much more efficient, since the search function here does not lead you to specific posts, only to the thread, which may be 20 pages long and about a different subject, with the answer you are looking for in a single off-topic post.

3. Gloomy

Gloomy New Member

I did, but no injury was recorded. Thanks though.

I think it might be that my tech aptitude is too low. I rechecked the spelling and it turns out it's two words, Eye Gear. When searching for that I did find something on these fora which might be related. I'd still appreciate a confirmation though.

True, but I feel like a little attention whore anyway, especially since I'm new.

In that vain, I do have an itsy bitsy question that isn't related. Is it possible to get an olive tree branch anywhere else but the Iron Wheel Clan? Like a store maybe?

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You get no bonus from the Eye Gear if you Magickal Aptitude is 42 or higher, a +1 PE bonus if your aptitude is Magickal 41 or lower or Technological 42 or lower, and a +2 PE bonus if your Technologial Aptitude is 43 or higher.

Bolly!

5. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Bolly![/quote]

Doh! </HomerSimpson>

Our Host!