Playing a retard- brilliant dialogue/journal entries

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by DingDong09, Oct 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DingDong09

DingDong09 New Member

I know this has been discussed before but playing a moron character is an absolute hoot. Virgil yelling and cursing fate for making Nasrudin's reincarnation an idiot is great . Also it amuses me greatly what my char calls others, Virgil becomes Vergoo or Vertigo (For which he calls me an idiot) and Jungle Dunn becomes Jungle Jim or Jingle Dumb. This whole idiot run alone could be its own game, its amazing how the devs included this! Also reading this tard's journal is great, apparently he thinks that pay roles are a type of food.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, some dialogs are way too funny when playing as a dumb character. My personal favorite is K'an Hua, he really gets all worked up.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Welcome to the forum.

Idiot!Living One is some of the funniest shit in the universe. Angry Virgil is just too much fun.

4. DingDong09

DingDong09 New Member

I just looked him up, apparently I missed him because I played a good character. So it is better to be evil this time around then? Is the convo with Nasrudin any good?

Thanks a lot, and I agree this is some very good humor. Fallout's idiot campaign isn't nearly as funny as this, though there were a few good moments there too.

Will Virgil keep raging after this? I currently just go to Tarant and besides the beginning where he goes ballistic and then keeps insulting me he has sort of quit. Has he warmed up to the tard?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can take Nasrudin's quest even if you're following the evil path, that is, you can talk to both K'an Hua and Nasrudin in an evil playthrough.

6. DingDong09

DingDong09 New Member

So far I am unfortunately accidentally doing good things, I wanted to side with the bandits guarding the bridge but their leader told me to sod off and wouldn't let me through. So naturally I ended up killing them for which I got 25 gold from that Constable (I think normally you get like 50) , after which I broke his machine as requested by Jungle Jim and I surprisingly managed to rob the bank by just coming in and beating the vault door down at night, nobody batted an eye. I then murdered the man who gave me the code to not have to split the cash with him. Still, after doing all that my alignment is still like 16.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

He'll eventually warm up to you a bit, although there'll always be a note of 'the gods are bastards' to his dialogue.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I believe this has inspired me to replay all of Arcanum with an idiot half-ogre. I played it once, but never even made it to Tarant thanks to a game crash... hell, I'll make him evil, and get two things done in one play through.

9. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

There are beggars also in the streets. They ask for gold. You take the most negative answer there is and *bow* your aligment goes down. Just repeat it :D

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Wow. That's just, just... wow. Eight long years since the game's release and not a single person among us has ever discovered that one before. I allow myself to thank you for sharing that groundbreaking advice, good sir.

Now now, I know you're a humble chap, but let me make this big enough, for it surely deserves it.

New definition of pure immaculate evil:
    Calling a single beggar names over and over again.
    Esteemed Sir FrostyMixi the First

Let's have a nice round of applause for the star of the evening.

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

*clapclapclap*

Rather good tip there, friend. Why, I had never in my life been able to figure that out, had you not pointed it out as you so finely did. Snivelsome oatings, chap. Snivelsome oatings indeed.

12. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Maybe you know, but he is knew and probably doesn't. So yeah...Big applause for me for helping newbs out of trouble !!

If you didn't get the point, then it was that he can do good alignment quests(especially goes with side quests) and then get his evil aligment back by just doing the beggar thingy and continue with main quest taking the evil Bath.

13. Dodgy7

Dodgy7 New Member

14. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

If one plays evil, he doesn't have any problem being at -100 aligment all of the time. If his plan, however, is to be Arcanum's Jesus for all the time and then throw rocks and poo at a beggar for ten solid minutes to get his aligment from 100 to -100 and call himself baaad and follow the evil path, he might as well just use Virgil's debug menu and save himself the awkward poo throwing. Or, better, slaughter a town or two (or ten) - as mindless as it is, it will be the only true and logically possible way to have an evil reputation after a lifetime of shameless jesusing.

@Dodgy7
    Mmm... Strawberry jam. Good choice, countess, good choice.

15. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think it would be splendid if you mastered throwing, put on a suit, top hat, and then proceeded to throw rocks and other valueless objects at the homeless. Take screenshots, while you're at it.

16. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Which brings me to the subject of allowing helm sprites to appear for said top hat.

17. Wolfsbane

And I suppose you'd be willing to add all those sprites, then? We've been through this before, you know.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Yes I believe you may be right! So how do we go about this now? Do we just get back on track and forget we had this conversation?

I struggle with evil characters, as evil as I try to be I always end up helping somebody by accident or without even realising it, there is not enough insults in the english vocabulary to reduce my alignment below 100.

19. Wolfsbane

1. We drop the stupid subject because it's more or less impossible.

2. Sollution: Start killing innocent things. Then keep doing it.

20. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Our Host!