UAP problem

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Metallus, Aug 15, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Metallus

Metallus New Member

I didn't know where to post this topic since it isn't concerning ingame difficulties, but i hope to have not done a so huge mistake. In that case i apologize.

So, i downloaded drog patch 081229, which should have fixed the strenght bonus given by the machined platemail (that should be +3 str to tech players), and nerfed the sword of sickness, but it hasn't. I checked if i had any mods, and the only thing i got is the level cap to 126. Could that be the problem? And how am I supposed to fix it? Removing the mod in the rules folder or what?

Thanks for your time, and sorry again if i caught the wrong board, I'm new, even though that's not a valid excuse.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you install the official 1.0.7.4 patch first?
    What?

Also, you get the ST bonus only from the real Machined Platemail, the watered-down variant in the scientist's basement in Ashbury isn't supposed to give you the bonus.

3. Metallus

Metallus New Member

Yes, i installed 1.0.74.

indeed, i'm talking about the one you can make. The one that requires the elite platemail and minute steamworks. I wear it, with 100% tech aptitude, but no bonus. (and the one gotten from ashbury/tulla sux :x)

I remember of a nerf on the sword of sickness, which damage was reduced to 5-15, if i'm not wrong. However, could that "mod" cause problems?

And i noticed another thing: i played arcanum without your patch, and then with, but i could load my previous games without problems. It's like the patch wasn't installed, even though it went all well, as it seems. Got the readme etc, but still nothing. What do you suggest?

Thanks for your time

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've no idea. I can only suggest a full reinstall. And note that,
    1. The official patch does NOT auto-detect your Arcanum folder, be sure to check the path while installing it.
    2. Only the universal level cap remover is compatible with the UAP.
    The problems come out only in certain areas (when the map data stored in a savegame differs from the actual map data).

5. Metallus

Metallus New Member

Thank you, Drog, you have been very kind, i'll do like you suggested and i'll let you know how it went. Thanks again for your time.

6. Metallus

Metallus New Member

Yes, you were right, the 1074 patch was never installed. I thought it was. However, now it works as it should, and the machined platemail gives the proper bonus. Thank you again

(oh, The damage of sword of sickness has been nerfed to 4-16)

Our Host!