A couple of questions

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by floyd, Aug 15, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. floyd

floyd New Member

1. As a technologist, which ways do I have to have my (fallen) foes follow me and fight on my side? Is there a potion or another thingimajig that I can make/buy that will let me, resurrect fallen foes -- after which they'll follow me until they die?

2. One can pick a premade character. Does this have any consequences for the game? Like special dialogue or freebies somewhere? I notice the premade characters are all the dead ones on the crash site map. If you choose a premade character, which character replaces you on that map then?

3. Is Feramin Droch dead?

4. Who mentions Gorgoth's Pass in the game? How are you supposed to find it?

2. Krycek

Krycek New Member

3. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Who's Feramin Droch? Sounds Vendigrothan?

4. Charonte

Charonte Member

Just a note that Gorgoth pass is a bitch to find, you'll have to approach it from the western (Caladon) side. It's above thieves cave and about as far east as you can get. A bartender will give you a rumor about Gorgoth pass but wont actually mark it on your map.

I think there's another 'revitalizer' or similar schematic also.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Feramin Droch is the guy that made Droch's Warbringer right? Because all the Vengigrothians died about 2000 years ago.

I've never gotten special options with pre made characters about all thats different is that you start out with an auto leveling scheme turned on and your corpse isn't on the ground.

6. floyd

floyd New Member

Thanks, guys.

Wow. Seriously? And isn't one supposed to even bring an offer there to get the whole blessing thing going? Is that a design flaw or did the designers really expect players to scout the whole bloody continent in search of that bloody altar that is hidden there?

Also: where can I find someone who repairs armour and weapons back to their original state (without loss of points)? I hate wearing a plate that has some 173/173 points.

7. Charonte

Charonte Member

You already have to go searching for a couple of altars like Torg's and Bolo's, atleast they're easily found though.

To be honest, I think it'd be better if it was marked on your map - it wouldn't be any different than the ancient temple in ashbury. I mean, w/o it non-teleporting characters are more or less stuck paying up to 700 gold each time they have to run back to Tarant.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

If I remember rightly one of the rumours you hear in town is about a pass between Dernholm and Caladon, thats supposed to make you go look for it.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The best choice is to use the junk dealer in Tarant, who is a repair expert* (item hit points -1% after each repair, -0% for items having 99 or less hit points) until one gets to Caladon, since Hieronymous Maxim lives there and can repair your stuff (master repair, no loss of item hit points).

* I believe the Dernholm blacksmith is a repair expert too, maybe the Blackroot blacksmith is one as well, however Tarant always is more on one's way.

Our Host!