Need help getting a suitable robe for my high level mage

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by jwh, Aug 1, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jwh

jwh New Member

I have an evil half-orc pure mage.

I cannot find a grey magical robe anywhere!

I noticed a very cool looking grey robe on the Dark Elf in the Tarant Gentlemen's Club - but he isn't wearing it in inventory when I tried to pickpocket.

Anyone know where I can find (or rotate through days) or buy a grey or otherwise dark, evil-looking robe? I have been to the magic merchants in Tarant, Blackroot, starting town (my brain will not give me its name... erk) including the gypsy ladies.....

All help would be appreciated.

J

2. Minuos

Minuos New Member

The item you want is an Arcane Traveler's Cloak. If I remember correctly, Gypsy women sometimes have them in stock (a very low chance of doing so).

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Shrouded Hills, you infidel.

There are several grey robes in the game. The item Minuos mentioned is very powerful, yet also rare. Every Gypsy has a 1% chance of having them in her stock each day. However there are also some other black robes which you may be interested in. The Shadowing Robes have a 13% chance of being in the Gypsy's stock each day. They are far less powerful (and far cheaper), but by what I see looks are the priority for you at the moment, so check her on a regular basis and you'll get them in no time.

4. jwh

jwh New Member

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, cosmetics matter - heh.

In fact, I also started a half-elf gentleman blademaster and couldn't find a background that fit him - the best would be only child but he's not a spoiled brat in my mind...... maybe raised by monks - but I want the rapier at the beginning b/c I'm never seen another in any of the shops....

Thanks!

I am enjoying Arcanum and playing it more than just about any game I've played in the last 3 years.... sigh, I wonder when a spiritual successor from someone will appear on the market....

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Since I'm already shooting percentages around, the rapier has a 70% chance of being in Wallow's Quality Armour in Tarant and Ashbury's Premium Armature stock each day. The wooden ring is the only item you can't find anywhere outside the beginning merchant, I believe.

I wouldn't count on it. Yet I'm by nature doubtful about the present and mostly sitting in the old school.

6. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Is the wooden ring even used for anything?

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It's used for being unique. For being the only legacy after the Living Ones past. For praying to forbidden gods from the darkest planes when no one is looking. For being wooden.

So answering your question - no. But you can wear it. How cool is that?

Our Host!