UI interface won't stay up.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by techyguy, Jul 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. techyguy

techyguy New Member

I have to keep pressing K or M to bring it up. It is really annoying, please help me find a way to always have it up.

I am usings Drog's patch with WIP:6 then high Res patch.

I have tried uninstalling high res patch, using Drog cach clean, then installing high res patch WITHOUT compact UI.

Is their some config file I have to edit? Or do I just have to backup my saves and reinstall everything?

2. Charonte

Charonte Member

What do you mean 'wont stay up', as in when you click something it goes away?

Have you tried uninstalling the high res patch all together, atleast temporarily? IIRC there used to be an (unrelated) bug with some older games in windows - it's a stab in the dark, but try right-clicking arcanum.exe, going properties->compatibility and clicking the "run in compatibility mode for" along with "disable visual themes'. Most likely won't help, but you never know.

3. light-servant

light-servant New Member

Drog's patch is not compatible with A:Wip so that might be causing the problems.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you using the fullscreen shortcut? DON'T use it, it just runs the game in the Compact UI mode by default, it has nothing to with whether the game starts in a window or not. Also, F10 switches between normal and compact UI in-game.

Comparison:
    Normal UI
    Compact UI

5. techyguy

techyguy New Member

Thank you

Drog, your answer was excellent. By the way I couldn't help but notice, Cal the Shopkeeper is your avatar from Leonard Boyarsky's website. Thank you for your dedicated work.

Our Host!