Would you?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Zanza, May 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Maloch

Maloch New Member

New question.

You find the Bangelian Scourge deep in its hiding place, but are conflicted about what to do with it. You are faced with 3 choices, 1.Do the right thing and destroy it,2. Keep it with you and use it to spread evil and misery throughout arcanum, or 3. Give it to a random person and watch what happens from a safe distance. What would you do? I'd use it if I'm a magic user,or I'd give it to a follower if I'm a technologist.

2. No! Naughty dog!

No! Naughty dog! New Member

I'd give it to Weldo... just to see what would happen, whether or not he'd freak out but that would be if I was actually in the world of Arcanum

Game wise I tend to destroy it simply because when I get it I intend to complete Stringy Pete properly

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

If I was trying to free Stringy Pete, I'd destroy it. If not, I'd give it to some random tool and enjoy the chaos.

4. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

I'd keep it, but not close. Just in case I needed it, I suppose.

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think I'd like to give it to the idiot sheriff in Shrouded Hills, and see what he does... then once he's reigned havoc with it, steal it from his corpse, and transfer it to someone else... maybe Madam Li?

6. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I'm guessing I'd destroy the sword, since it's magical. Mechanized Gun > Any melee weapon anyways (provided you have Master Marksman, called shots to the head, 20 DX and most importantly, enough ammo - last one stressed like a million times)

By the way, "Hello, I'm new here"

7. Langolier

Langolier Member

No, I wouldn't. Even if I knew it was right I'm not terribly comfortable with the existence of godlike beings and I don't desire that kind of power. I'd rather get rid of them.

Plus I'm not very charismatic, so I probably wouldn't have anyone there to resurrect me.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I would throw it into the bangellian fireplace thingy. I do not fancy having my sences controlled by an inanimate object. It would be tempting to keep it if I was evil, though. I certainly would not give it to anyone else. No one would be worthy enough. It either belongs to me or to no one. Either I get all of the satisfaction from causing estruction with it or I get the satisfaction of destroying one of the most powerful artefacts in the world. In both cases, I win.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Right, time for a new question.

Your adventure is over. You have crossed the length and breadth of Arcanum, and have ventured into the Void, returning to tell the tale. You have seen both the best and worst that people have to offer. What do you do now?

In my case, stagger back to Roseborough, Virgil and/or Arronax in tow, and settle into a nice little cottage, working as a healer for the locals and generally just handling any major problems that decide to visit.

10. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Find myself a nice little mansion and move in with Raven and Z'an.
    They’ll be willing to do this thanks to my awesome personality and persuasion skills.
    They'll still dislike each other, but they'll love me.
    This will lead to each of them trying to outdo the other in attempts to please me.
    Eventually it will lead to angry sex between the two.

Ahh, life is good.

11. Maloch

Maloch New Member

I guess it depends on whether I took the good route or the evil route. If I took the good route I'd try to rebuild arcanum the best I can and continue what I was doing before the void.

If I took the evil route I would exterminate Tarant, Dernholm, Ashbury, and any other area that oppresses magic users and impedes the advancement of magic. If I took the evil Technologist route, I'd raise vendigroth with arronax then use it's technology to lay waste to arcanum with an army of vendigrothian automatons(or use them to rule with an iron fist).

12. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

The thing is, Vendigroth is both a democracy and is supported by Velorien, chances are that they'll just gun you down and restore their own order.

And I'd just settle in Vendigroth and live the technological modern life there. Another possibility is moving to Cumbria and advancing on Tarant with their new technological Dragon Knight Cavalry.

13. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I'd probably do the same thing as Nasrudin did; grow tired of the petty struggles of the world and settle somewhere either in Cumbria, Arland or near Stillwater in a cosy little cabin.

That, or travel the paths and roads of Arcanum until my time came.

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I would aspire to not only spread the influence of the cult of Gesthienna, especially in the 18-25 age bracket, but I would also make damn sure I was the only male member.

15. Wolfsbane

I believe I just changed my mind.

Now you've got competition.

16. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    No problem Wolfsbane, Why, I would personally appoint you as the Master of the Guard. Someone needs to guard the girls between the elaborate bouts of Goddess worship, after all. There will be a salary and, I believe, a hat.

Granted, I can only bestow you this honour if you don't mind a close encounter with a pair of tongs and pliers, a passing sensation of discomfort and a tendency to walk funnily for some days after the procedure. But you will be the star of the choir, I guarantee it!

17. Wolfsbane

Sounds intruiging, but I think I'll pass dear friend! Wobbler, on the other hand, would accept such an honor as great as that in a heartbeat. Why, we wouldn't even have to bother to ask him since I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we went ahead and performed the procedure on him while he was, shall we say, fast asleep?

I think I'll stick with either assassinating you or killing you fair and square in a duel to secure my position as the only male member of the cult...

... May the best man win?

18. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I deserve a rest. I'm tired, and rich (gathering and selling every item I found has it's benifits in the long run). Using my wealth, I build a Quintarra-like cluster of connected quality tree houses in the Glimmering Forests, which will serve as my personal mansion, where I will finally get to relax and study magic in peace.

It depends how do we intepret raising Vendigroth. I always doubt it meant resurrecting a civilisation dead for over two thousand years. I believe it means rebuilding the city, gathering and repairing all of the technology and bringing new people, possibly technologists with their families, to populate the land and keep it running. It this scenario, Velorien's support is no longer actual, since it concerned a completely different civilisation, while the political system depends aon the new people and can be far from a democracy.

19. Maloch

Maloch New Member

That's the way I thought of it as well, though if Valorien did favor vendigroth, that favor didn't amount to much when they needed his help most.

While arronax did raise Vendigroth from the wastes in the ending,it wasn't exactly stated that he brought the inhabitants along with Vendigroth.
    Since I most likely would have gained the blessing of Valorien myself before the void,I don't think the deity would object to what I did with Vendigroth. Besides, if I did raise the inhabitants with Vendigroth, I wouldn't use Resurrect to do it. Of course if I was a technologist I'd use the handy Necromizer.

20. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

If touring the lands as a Cult of Geishanna rep wasn't possible, I think I would first go to Roseborough, purchase the now-zombie-free castle, and start the work orders for renovations. After that I would travel around and explore until it started to get difficult to get up/lay down in the evening, and retire to my now-revamped castle.

Our Host!