NOOOOOO!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ioo, Oct 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

where exactly are you from Amos?

2. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

well...

I think he's from the 'Plagued despot of crime, Perth'

3. Ioo

Ioo New Member

*flames NecroLich*

nuff said

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Same question I asked. Too bad I haven't seen this post.

5. Milo

Milo New Member

Just fixing the date thingie. Don't mind me.

6. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Spammer :minigun: Unwahsed Villager

7. Elrond

Elrond New Member

Dear IOO. I am not an American. I live thousands of miles away from NYC and Washington, in a small country called Georgia, between Russia and Turkey. But on September 11th I was hurt, as well as all my friends and neighbours and everyone I'm related to. We all felt a slap in our face. This is no matter of war and peace. This is a matter of RESPONSE. When somebody kills your dearest people, your natural desire must be STRIKING BACK, if you are a man, of course.

Do you want to know, what was REALLY stupid? The sight of native Americans, who marched on a demonstration against war, accusing Bush in being a terrorist. I just wonder, what would these so-called pacifists do, if during their demonstration they would notice another pair of boeings crushing down upon their heads? What would they shout then? World peace?

I don't think bombing Afghanistan is something any civilized human being would be excited with. If there was any other, more peaceful way to finish the Taliban or render harmless Osama bin Laden, I would only be glad. But this country is the NEST of terror and Islamic fundamentalism. And excuse me, but you know NOTHING of terrorism or fundamentalism. We, Georgians, live beside Chechnya, and we know what terrorism is. Our boys were dying in Afghnistan, and we know this country from inside. As a lonely Christian state in the tensed neighbourhood of Islamic countries, we know what fanatics are able to do -- the whole our history was an endless war, because we were INFIDELS for them. And that single word was enough to lighten the red light in the muslem warriors eyes, as they were killing our children, women and elder people, hoping to get into their PARADISE. Excuse me, but we are not stupid, when we want those fanatics to be crushed once and forever.

This is not only America's war. This is OUR strike back, too. This is MY strike back. And I'm glad that the overwhelming majority of both Christian and non-Christian people think exactly this way. The planet EARTH is not stupid.

Please excuse my emotions, but this is not the matter I can discuss calmly. After all, I'm a Georgian. :smile: And I hope this war will be quick, DAMAGING for terrorists, and VICTORIOUS for us all (including you, IOO, though in my eyes you are not a warrior, but a nihilist).

[​IMG]

Name: Elrond | Race: Elf | Gender: Male | Scheme: Warrior Mage Good | Background: Ladies man

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elrond on 2001-10-22 21:30 ]</font>

8. farknl

farknl New Member

In the words of an Afghan Ex-pat:

I am from Afghanistan, and I speak as one who deeply hates the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden. My hatred comes from first hand experience. There is no doubt in my mind that these people were responsible for the atrocity in New York. I agree that something must be done about those monsters.

But the Taliban and Ben Laden are not Afghanistan. They're not even the government of Afghanistan. The Taliban are a cult of ignorant psychotics who took over Afghanistan in 1997. Bin Laden is a political criminal with a plan. When you think Taliban, think Nazis. When you think Bin Laden,think Hitler. And when you think "the people of Afghanistan" think "the Jews in the concentration camps."

It's not only that the Afghan people had nothing to do with this atrocity. They were the first victims of the perpetrators. They would exult if someone would come in there, take out the Taliban and clear out the rats nest of international thugs holed up in their country. Some say, why don't the Afghans rise up and overthrow the Taliban? The answer is, they're starved, exhausted, hurt, incapacitated and suffering. A few years ago, the United Nations estimated that there are 500,000 disabled orphans in Afghanistan--a country with no economy, no food. There are millions of widows. And the Taliban has been burying these widows alive in mass graves. The soil is littered with land mines, the farms were all destroyed by the Soviets. These are a few of the reasons why the Afghan people have not overthrown the Taliban.

We come now to the question of "bombing Afghanistan back to the Stone Age". Trouble is, that's been done. The Soviets took care of it already. Make the Afghans suffer? They're already suffering. Level their houses? Done. Turn their schools into piles of rubble? Done. Eradicate their hospitals? Done. Destroy their infrastructure? Cut them off from medicine and health care? Too late. Someone already did all that.
    New bombs would only stir the rubble of earlier bombs. Would they at least get the Taliban? Not likely. In today's Afghanistan, only the Taliban eat, only they have the means to move around. They'd slip away and hide.

Maybe the bombs would get some of those disabled orphans, they don't move too fast, they don't even have wheelchairs. But flying over Kabul and dropping bombs would not really be a strike against the criminals who did this horrific thing. Actually it would only be making common cause with the Taliban--by raping once again the people they've been raping all this time.

So what else is there? What can be done, then? Let me now speak with true fear and trembling. The only way to get Bin Laden is to go in there with ground troops. We're flirting with a world war between Islam and the West.

And guess what: that's Bin Laden's program. That's exactly what he wants. That's why he did this. Read his speeches and statements. It's all right there. He really believes Islam would beat the west. It might seem ridiculous, but he figures if he can polarize the world into Islam and the West, he's got a billion soldiers. If the west wreaks a holocaust in those lands, that's a billion people with nothing left to lose, that's even better from Bin Laden's point of view. He's probably wrong, in the end the West would win, whatever that would mean, but the war would last for years and millions would die, not just theirs but ours.
    Who has the belly for that?
    Unfortunately, Bin Laden does. Anyone else?

In Peace,

Tamim Ansary

9. Elrond

Elrond New Member

One must be hopelessly blind not to see that every word said by you is true, Tamim. But what do you suggest? Leave everything as it is? Let Taliban and Bin Laden continue "raping" Afghan people and threatening the rest of the world?

As I said, this was not the best decision of all, and it was made on a strong emotional ground, too. And if THIS was Bin Laden's plan, I must admit he really succeeded. It was impossible not to react this way. He knew it and he did it, staking the very existence of Afghan people in his treacherous game.

Yes, a global conflict between Islam and Christianity has become a solid possibility now. Unfortunately. And if the military action lingers on too much, it will become INEVITABLE. But this very military action is the only possible ACTION right now.

Americans didn't start bombing Afghanistan on September 12th. They did it 26 days later. These 26 days were a chance for political solutions. But you know better than me, that there is nothing you can achieve from Talibans with diplomacy, political manoeuvres or economical restrictions. When there is no other way, you do things the only possible way.

I just hope Americans really have the best special forces and intelligence service in the world. I hope they are able to finish this nightmare soon enough. Otherwise... We all know, what can happen otherwise, don't we?

10. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Too many big posts...

Now Elrond, I know where Georgia is, and I know more things then you think I do. Living in Russia I kinda got to know a few of bordering countries.

I said that moving troops in is stupid because what is likely to come out is a whole lotta dead american soldiers, and that'll be it. Though bombing isn't really nice either, but that's a whole different story.

Now that striking back theory of yours is true, but in many cases it doesn't lead to anything good. Like when you're slapped in the face and then you get into a fight and get your ass beaten. You still gotta think before you throw your people into a certain death.

And my last point - I'm not a fan of Bush, that has not much to do with his recent actions, but his overall behavior. Of course his speeches make me laugh, and we need that kind of encourgement in the trying days.

11. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Heard that US is thinking about moving troops in on Afganistan... foolish.

Our Host!