Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I really hope that it will get better, and that the nerves reattach on their own.

2. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Same here Rroyo....I'm praying your hand will get better dude :)

3. Maloch

Maloch New Member

There seems to be a problem with some of the new schematics. When I attempt to learn them they cause the game to crash to desktop. Schematic Sheet Metal and Schematic Electrolyte Solution are two examples.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Maloch!

Got your message and I'll check it out.
    Thanks!

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Back on-line but not yet back to work.

6. SoulKina

SoulKina New Member

Rroyo, do you have any ideia of when you're going to start working on the a:wip again? I have been playing other games and I've done a few Arcanum playthroughs, but I just have to finish that Merow Vortahm unfinished business and buy that warehouse south from Tarant at the Financial District.
    Please don't take too long with your real life stuff :D.

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I suppose I should have said something but I've more or less gotten started again with a couple hours work between downloads of new desktop themes.
    However, like I mentioned before, it'll probably be around Christmas before 7.0 is ready for release, so don't go getting too antsy.

Oh - And at the moment, there's no financial district to buy the place from.

Maloch: Almost forgot you again. I'm not getting a problem with the schematics.

Try this: If you can, double-clic the Drog'sCleanCache.bat and try the scene with a save made prior to finding the problem.

8. Maloch

Maloch New Member

I gave it a try, but unfortunately the same problem continues. I'll try making a new character and see if the problem pops up again.

9. Dagda

Dagda New Member

It seems Priscilla Penn doesn't show up in Arcanum Edit 1.8. Is there any other way to modify her level/stats?

10. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Depends what you're trying to do, but there's no overly simple way. If you're trying to change her level to be the same as yours, you can just change your character's level to hers, then gain a level. Then you can just get rid of your extra points with the Editor.

If you're trying to modify her stats, well...it'd be best to wait for someone with more technical knowledge.

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Maloch: Sorry to hear it. Hope a new character does the trick then.

Dagda: Welcome to the forum!
    You'll find that little problem exists with all the new followers and I'm not knowledgeable enough on hacking followers to tell you how modify her.
    What Minuos suggested is the only way I can think off hand. Sorry.

12. Dagda

Dagda New Member

Yeah, I just want her to be my level. Shes 4 levels below me. I would also have to remove the extra hp/fatigue I gain each level as well, right?

Whats the best place area to grind quick xp then? I already did the Liam's workshop quest so that's out.

13. Minuos

Minuos New Member

The additional HP and Fatigue change with your level, so if you go down four levels, you'll automatically lose eight of each (two per level). Once you're back to your ordinary level you'll have the right amounts again.

As for XP, there's not really that many grinding areas as useful as Liam's Workshop, but I find I get a lot of encounters if I sleep just out of Kree.

14. Maloch

Maloch New Member

I tested the schematic create sheet metal with the new character but unfortunately the game crashed again. I'm at a loss as to what the cause could be.

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Well - Let's see....
    Do you have any other hacks or cheats installed with A:WIP?
    Did you install the 1.0.7.4 patch before adding my hack?

If you answered no and yes (in that order) and since you haven't mentioned any other problems, the only thing I can think of is you have a bad install. There's some kind of communications problem between the game engine and the schematic mes files.
    The only thing left to do would be a complete uninstall and reinstall.

16. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

It's a nice mod but there are a few issues. I haven't read all the pages of this thread to see if others had the same problems. It has crashed on me twice. Once when learning a schematic and another time I don't remember (not much help I am, sorry).

I'm also the victim of a certain gnome hatred as a human. They love me and I ask them politely about their name (usually gnomes just in the beginning of gnome settlements) and they just call me a stinky, ham-faced human and starts charging towards their own death.

A smaller issue that doesn't really matter is that longer sentences you can say stretches the text box instead of just changing lines.

17. Maloch

Maloch New Member

I reinstalled it and it seems to have done the trick. Most of the problems I was having such as schematic crashes, gypsies and other merchants having no items for sale(instead having upwards of 4 million gold on them) have been fixed, thanks for the help. :)

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Maloch: Glad to hear it. :)

General: Since you're having the same crashing problems as Maloch, I'd suggest a reinstall for you as well.

19. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

Thanks, I will.

And I forgot to say how extremely well made it is, and much larger than I had thought when I first heard about it. Good work.

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Our Host!