Delete and ban me!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crypton, Apr 24, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Good for you.

But we have Drog and you don't.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Actually, Crypton. I spelled the stance of this forum out to you. I told you what you should expect. Do not whine and complain about our reaction if you were warned about it, and continued on your merry way.

3. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I love how he expects us to admire him.

4. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

In the end it's all about the marketing. That and the fact Drog has actually released something that the public can use while you just claim to have discovered the options first.

There's a long way to go from finding the possibility and making it usable, and as it stands now, only one person has had the dedication to go to such lengths, and it wasn't you as far as I can tell.

Had you produced your own hi-rez patch (that actually worked) and other mods in a format that many users could use, then you would've been recognized as another modder, a competitor of Drog. Even if your hacks were inferior or more difficult to use, you'd still deserve respect for having produced them, since either way this is no easy shit. Having only complained however, you're just a whiner.

All I really care about, as an end user, is that now I have at my disposal a collection of high-quality hacks and patches for Arcanum. Even if they were just a compilation of stolen ideas, which they are not, I'd still be thankful to Drog for making them usable and easily accessible, rather then letting some modding community treasure this knowledge as awesome theories and dozens of separate fixes.

5. Crypton

Crypton Member

Yes, maybe I'm whiner, or maybe I was naive and too friendly to this community and I fooled myself... but that doesnt changed the fact that they are stoled ideas.

I could release a resolution patch a long time ago, but you've seen how many people wanted that ? thats absurd...

And res patch is only small part of that problem, my project is not wanted here... so now I'm really leaving, I'll not try to resolve anything with people that doesnt understand.

6. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Wait a minute... Stolen?

... Dude, just leave before this gets nasty.

7. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Dude, the resolution patch is hardly your idea. I bet almost everyone who still play arcanum, wish they could play it at their screens' native resolutions.

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

OMG, look guyz!!! I discoverz the interwebs!!! They stolez my idea, OH NOES!!!!

9. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You know, you don't really come off as the paragon of maturity, know what I'm saying?

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

There's no maybe there, boyo. I haven't heard so much immature whingy bitching since the girl's bathroom at my grade 9 school social. This shit is making my teeth hurt! Shut up and FUCK OFF! We don't care any more! All you're managing to do is make yourself look like a three year old crying and whining because some other child got an ice cream first. Sheez...

11. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Why can't you just freaking shut the hell up and leave already? You keep saying you will, but then you don't. I'm already terribly disappointed in you, and this thread is just making it worse.

12. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

To be fair, we also have rroyo, and from what I gather he is an able bodied patcher, and is in fact not Drog.

13. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

You keep saying you'll make these patches and hacks and you don't. You keep saying you have code ready and patches ready and when asked to produce you don't. You keep saying you'll leave and you don't.

Shut the fuck up. Stop saying shit and start actually doing something.

You are whining more than my 6 month old niece and she's teething and has double ear infections!

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Why are modders such butthurt whiney people? Was I a butthurt whiney person back when I was modding Arcanum?

Yes, ideas stolen from Saint_Proverbius. He's the first one to ever mention changing the resolution in Arcanum (12 May 2001), therefore all copyright belongs to him because nobody else would ever think of changing the resolution themselves. No sirree. It's not like a tonne of other games allow you to change the resolution. Nuh-uh.

A LOT actually, going by the downloads this server keeps getting raped with.

15. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

16. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Crypton: The best advices I can give to you, are these:

1. Stop whining.

2. Stay calm, do nothing irrationally

3. Start to think all over.

4. Try another project, that has more potentiality.

If these to hard for you to do, then go forth and be divided by zero.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

OH! New curse! Forget 'may you live in interesting times', next time someone really shits me I shall say...

May you be divided by zero at the worst possible moment.

18. Cloaked Figure

Cloaked Figure New Member

T-A, as opposed to AC is not a modding community. We've got, what, 10 people currently modding Arcanum? And that's just because of the recent surge in interest.

So now do you understand why you didn't get many offers for help? Everyone is working on their own thing, and frankly, a lot of the people here don't understand what you mean by re-working the engine.

If you can actually do it, then great, but if you're going to whine every time interest drops in your mod, then whatever.

19. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

There's also the fact that even among the few who have some modding/programming experience, not all of it is for this game. I can do fuck all with Arcanum, but I can whip up a decent bit of code for the Sims 2. So naturally I can't volunteer to help.

Also, last time I checked, modders are not there to hold your hand. If you want to program something, figure it out yourself. If you can show a bit of usable code, then maybe someone will be willing to join in. Apparently you missed the memo that this is mainly a solo hobby.

In summary; QUIT YOUR BITCHING AND GO CODE SOMETHING YOU FUCKING BABY!!!

20. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I think he already left.

Our Host!