What other RPG's would you recommend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Oct 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

errrr?

Hell, I don't know. What has mandarin got anything to do with the list i mentioned? Any one good in geography here? These are all the clues:
    -same timezone as Thailand
    -not many mandarin speakers
    -Counter-strike is popular there
    I dunno. Just tell us Al, I've got no brain for these puzzles.

2. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Most of us are English speaking. A third world country. Got most of our language from Spain.

4. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

alright

It's phillipines isn't it? Oh yes it must be! :grin:

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

You are so correct! 0:)

*claps*

6. Elrond

Elrond New Member

OK, guys, thank you very much! I think I'll begin with Fallout. But first I need to beat this Aaar-cane-uuumm... I'm at the Vendigroth Wastes now, and I hope soon this neverending game will end somehow. Jesus, this IS a long one! By the way, anybody seen Arronax banishment video? That was really cool. :lol:

7. Pissukonde

Pissukonde New Member

I would heartily recomend Deus Ex. Especially if you like games like Half-Life or Thief.
    The only problem is when you say the title in the company of ignorant people, they think you are saying "gay sex". Duh!

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

9. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

GET OFF THE DRUGS, BOY! :grin:

10. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

11. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

are you saying girls are bad?

12. Etalis Craftlord

Phillipines? Nah, the language there would have been Portugal... I thought the SPanish were all in SOuth America and the Portuguese were the ones in Asia?

13. Etalis Craftlord

that'll teach me for not reading the whole post before responding. Smack.

14. Elrond

Elrond New Member

Ahem... A little bend towards the actual topic woudn't harm anyone, I suppose? :smile:

Well, I tried to play Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn, but it really sucked after Arcanum. I don't know, maybe I just got used to the last. Only thing I liked in BG II is character generation and cool portraits. But the interface really sucks. First, it's too Starcraftish (you know my meaning), and second - items are ugly, as well as actual in-field characters. You see, in Arcanum the characters in the field look quite convincing -- especially, women characters, with nice breasts, and butts, and all... :smile:

Unfortunately, I couldn't get Fallout -- neither 1 nor 2. I'm going to get Planescape Torment soon, and I hope it's not going to be another disappointment. Currently I'm playing Anachronox, and I like it very much. It's really cool, and loads of thanks to the guy who recommended this one! :smile:

Any comments will be appreciated. But please don't try to make me change my mind about Baldur's Gate. Maybe I'm a pervert, but I don't like complicated and boring games. Hasta la vista!

[​IMG]

Name: Elrond | Race: Elf | Gender: Male | Scheme: Warrior Mage Good | Background: Ladies man

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elrond on 2001-10-21 02:18 ]</font>

15. GTG

GTG New Member

I played Arcanum for about three weeks, beat it twice, and now I'm back to Baldurs Gate II, which I've been playing off-and-on since Febuary. I definitly prefer BGII.

16. Ioo

Ioo New Member

I dun care what everyone sez Torment sucks ass! Fallouts rulz! And arcanum is inbetween..

and revenant is in no way a good RPG, if RPG at all... neither is diablo or diablo2... i dont think we should be allowed to say diablo here...

17. bilbo_baggins

bilbo_baggins New Member

The Fallout's are a good bet and if you have a Snes you might want to try Secret of Mana
    (Not an Rpg but still an good game, and it has a realy good selection of music) and Chrono Trigger

18. Elrond

Elrond New Member

I played Revenant and it sucked dry indeed. Never played Diablo or Diablo II. As for Fallout, everyone says it's cool. I heard, you can even get your character married to someone. Is it true? :smile:

19. Elrond

Elrond New Member

Has anybody played Magic and Mayhem 2 -- The Art of Magic? I'm asking cause I've been recently presented with this game. I installed it and tried to play a little, but I hated the stupid dialogues and ugly graphics. Is there ANYTHING worth playing in this game? Or I can throw it away with clear conscience?

20. Ioo

Ioo New Member

Yes you can marry a girl, or a guy... regardless of your gender. (!!!) and divorce... or kill the bitch/bastard!

I think i played magick and mayhem...the first one I think... its the one where ur a wizard and you fight mainly by summoning right??? was fun for a while. not much of an rpg but fun a coupla lvls

Our Host!