vormantown walkthrough?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by blacklynx, Oct 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Why didn't I notice this earlier?

2. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

-1.There's a big painting (not transparent, thou) in the same rooms as the lawyer. Click it and notice the red piece of cloth.
    2.Talk to the lawyer about art.
    -1. Talk to the green smith about Mr. Vorman and his bad leg.
    2. Talk to the lawyer about bad legs.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Doesn't matter whenever you talk to the smith first or look at the painting.

3. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

You know, I want to be hissy, but that drink looks fucking delicious right now. Dammit! Why must you people tempt me while I'm still not allowed to drink??

4. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Pregnant???

5. Jarislajfr

Jarislajfr New Member

ooh, that explains the permanent aura of concentrated malevolence radiating off Lady Xiao - she's too friggin' sober for this beautiful beautiful world :)
    BTT - any suggestions on player level to enter Vormantown? right after Shrouded Hills or grab Dog and run a few errands in Tarant first?

6. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

She has influenza, and that can't be mixed with alcohol.

7. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

If you skip most of the hard enemies and grab some dynamite for the last battle, then you can do it a really early levels. Simply run fast and use Real Time.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Puppy: NO!!! Aigh!

Arthgon: That, and the fact that I'm still on my P-Plates for another couple of months, and I don't want to risk the stupidly low maximum blood alcohol that I'm allowed.

Seriously. Two Lemon, Lime and Bitters would probably put me over, that's how low the limit is.

9. Melichoir

Melichoir New Member

Exactly what I needed to know, thank you. Unfortunately the computer I had that game installed on has up and died on me and I can't be bothered to tinker with it during finals. Though it may be some time before I complete my Vormantown quest I thank you kind sir for your assistance.

10. shupbeav

shupbeav New Member

Quick Walkthrough

Unfortunately this game module hardly goes as deep as the main module of Arcanum. If you lock pick your way into Mr. Vorman's bedroom (which in conversation is referred to as his study) you will find a few books that give a better detail of Mr. Vorman's intention and the foundation of his belief for the plan he attempted. You will also find a set of leg braces. If you go back to Mr. Shackelford and again speak with him about the strange discoveries you have found and make reference to the limp and the leg braces you found in his study then he will try to deny it. Refer then to the red handkerchief from the picture and he will no longer be able to deny that Mr. Vorman is up to something. Once you mention his son being stolen from the graveyard (to do this simply talk with the grounds keeper to the right of the manor) and he will agree that it has something to do with his son. Ask where he can find him again and he will tell you he is probably in the basement where his laboratory is and he gives you the key. Find you way through there and get to his laboratory at the bottom of the stairs and you will find Mr. Vorman almost dead as he tells you he had created a monster and to leave. (he also mentions that someone else came by don't know what that is all about or how someone would just leave the situation like that and not tell anyone) You continue through and kill his son and congrats you win the game. Deep right.

Our Host!