Playing evil

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Edythe, Oct 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Edythe

Edythe New Member

Do you have to kill everyone in order to get an evil rep? I'd like to try evil just to get some of the NCP's who won't join a "good" player, but I don't think that I can go around killing innocent people and enjoy myself. - Edythe

2. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

He, he, he, let me describe first few weeks in the land of Arcanum

After the crash some monk approached me and offered some guidance. What the hell I'm new here and I will probably need some help. After some exploring I found the cave with the poor soul, he asked me to exact the revenge on some priest, as reward he promised lots of gold, he lied if he wasn't dead I would kill him.

In Shrouded Hills I met magician who asked me to get rid of some machinery, no problem, poor dwarf never knew what hit him. Later on one guy convince me to share some money from the bank, why not? I decided to go to another city unfortunately some tax inspectors guarded the bridge. They also asked me to do some task for them, gee everybody wants something. I came back to the city and started conversation with mayor, he accused me of some evil deeds and he started get impolite, I had to kill him, after that I also had to fly the city.

You might guess that I leave trail of dead bodies, so far my alignment is already -100 and I just came back from Isle of Despair.

3. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Man your a slow one aren't ya?

After getting the priest dude, I went into the town, stole everything from the shops without getting caught and then killed everybody just for the fun of it.

No sense playing an evil charecter if you are not going to have FUN doing it ^_^

Actualy if you want to put a bit of finesse into it you can actualy go around and just kill all of the WOMEN and drag their bodies off into some storage shed and do your best to get away with it all.

Thats being evil ^_^

It is an RPG folks, for crying out loud ROLE PLAY ALREADY!!!.

I let the orcs take over in Tarent. Besides the 40 fate points as a nice bonus, I also managed to KEEP my good alignment, all the while still being evil.

It is even better when you are a complete SOB but all of the good alignment charecters still stay with ya ^_^

4. Edythe

Edythe New Member

But, there should be other ways than being Jack the Ripper to loose reputation. If you're a thief and pick pocket everyone just for the fun of it (and it is fun) you rep should suffer. An elf who robs the Elvin Ruins shouldn't be rewarded. Stealing from shop keepers isn't "nice" but it doesn't seem to affect reputation. I went back and robbed the bank and only lost one point. Woopee.....not. I just want a chance to get some of the not so goody-goody NCPs. I'm roll playing a thief, for fun and gain, but my reputation is already 80+ and I'm only finished with Blk. Mt. Mines. A thief shouldn't be able to get positive reputation so easily. - Edythe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edythe on 2001-10-18 19:00 ]</font>

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I have a thief, and it is hard to be evil. Just kill someone if you can't steal what they have, and build up your backstabbing skill (man, running behind someone and sticking a pyrotechnic axe in their back kills really quickly). I have a an alignment of 43, and man, it's hard to be bad...The trouble is, many of the good rewards go to those who act honourably. My thief's philosophy is to steal what he can, kill whoever has an issue with his thievery and work for whoever pays him the most.

One of the next characters I create will have no morals whatsoever. He'll also be very touchy, so anyone who insults him will basically die. I envision this being every single person in the game. Oh well, what are mercenaries for?

6. Black_Boar

Black_Boar New Member

EVIL MAGICK

I play a powerful and evil necro. It looks than there are some spells that turn you to the "evil" side, like summon undead or create undead -this last one is my favorite: try to rezz a Brute Fang or another powerful mob and haste it = killing machine

7. Edythe

Edythe New Member

Black-Boar, that sounds like fun. But I tend more to melee/throwing and thievery. So I started a new character and chose "sold my soul" which might work for me. It sure makes things hard when trying to talk to people. It's the first time I've played with a negative alignment and boy do they react. It's a whole new game from what I usually get. - Edythe

8. Greebley

Greebley New Member

If you want a stupid way of becoming evil...

I found an object that added 20 to my "magic" and -20 to my alignment EVERY TIME I WIELDED IT!. So put it on and off until you hit evil. No killing needed. I wish I remembered where I found that object...

9. Shadowman

Shadowman New Member

It's called a Dark Helm and I bought it from the Wise Woman in Tarant.

10. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Or found in the basement at in castle at Ashbury.

11. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Bah think big.

I kill the NPCs and use Create Undead on them.

All of the abilities, none of the fuss :wink:

Too bad none of the good NPCs come along until the Void :sad: :sad: :sad:

12. Shadowman

Shadowman New Member

I doubt Virgil can still heal you when he's a zombie :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowman on 2001-10-21 17:06 ]</font>

13. Bekae

Bekae New Member

Sold Your Soul

If you really wanna be evil, do the Sold Your Soul Character background. The minus reaction is a bit tuff to deal with, though, but my evil necromancer has I think 5 followers that are evil, and let me tell you Torian Kel is awesome.

14. com2kid

com2kid New Member

Bah, Virgil is a piss pot.

I got through the game the first time without him.

Potions of Haste and Potions of Fatigue Slowing make Viril compleatly unneccisary.

As Zombies though the charecters retain all of their previous abilities and can infact cast spells.

:p

Oh, and to the guy who said to choose the sold your soul background, don't bother, it is only really useful VERY early on in the game, since a magic type chareecter will get a Magical Appitude of at least 20 VERY quickly.

And the Dark Helm has the same effect without that entire icky negative reaction thing going on, and The Dark Helm is VERY easy to get quite early on in the game, especialy for those REALLY nasty folks out there :smile:

Our Host!