About Sound and Music

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by MackaN, Oct 31, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MackaN

MackaN New Member

I have a few quastions about music. Did anybody try to add more files with music to Arcanum and use it? I tryied to do it and I falled in every point. I can only change orginal music to my one, because all editing of mes files does not work.

An other quastion, how work the combat music? Can I prevent of playing it every time in combat? I am thinking, how to make somethink like this, that in every location in my mod will be different combat music? Is it possble to make this, using in every opponent a script tha why he/she/it is attacking some sound/music turn on?

Did anyone play with changing music in Arcanum and add more mp3 files?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ambient and music tracks are stored here:
    sound\schemeindex.mes
    sound\schemelist.mes
    (These files can be module specific.)

You can set ambient and music tracks for a specific sector, or the whole map, using mapinfo.txt. Worldmap music, however, is hardcoded, it's always 'arcanum.mp3'. Slides' music is hardcoded as well, it's 'DwarvenMusic.mp3'.

Yes
    Yes, you can attach a script to an NPC, so it would change music when combat starts. It is possible with the above hack.

3. MackaN

MackaN New Member

Is somewhere a list of standard Arcanum sounds? I need list with nubers to script line "Play Sound". I need BOOM! sound :)

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

5. MackaN

MackaN New Member

Thanks!

And an other question.
    Speech sound will only work as wav format? It will not work with MP3? Or there is a way how to change it?

6. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I just looked for the speech sounds in the .dats with Arcanun , and it seems like that they all play in MP3.

Our Host!