Discussion for The Lords of Arcanum

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Feb 20, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

When saying Wolfsbane, you mean Wobbler, right?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  3. Slaughter

Slaughter New Member

Thanks! I'm joining in!

Also, what is the timeframe we're talking about? How was Cumbria in the time Caleb was young and such? I believe it was on the road to decay, right?

4. Wolfsbane

Depends on how near the end of the war we are. If we're still in the beginning, then Cumbria is a proud and wealthy nation.

5. Dark Elf

Media:
    I realise that none of us have brought up the war in any of our posts in the RP thread.

But let's say the war is just about to break out then. No actual battles have been fought yet, but negotiations between Tarant authorities and the Cumbrian court are definitely going down the drain. I guess we'll have to outline things more as the story, and subsequently, the war, progresses.

6. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

You attraction acutally creeped me out a bit...

And if you find any faults in my posts (I try to avoid those as much as i can, but they happen) please just ignore them, tell me, and I will fix them.

Most of them will probaly only occur due to lack of knowledge.

7. Dark Elf

Media:
    I'm sorry if it creeped you out, but the common picture of elves is just that, bisexual and effeminate. Disturbing elements typically serve to make things more interesting, after all.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Submitted for late acceptance.

Name: John McArthur
    Race: Human
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 215 lb.

From Roseborough, Sir John McArthur has served in the Caladonian military almost all his life. One of the king's best knights, he was selected for an exploratory mission to explore the southern islands surrounding the main continent. McArthur, who has held a gift for writing, thought of the assignment as a reward for accomplished service, and it was intended to be so.

Traveling so far south as to meet ice instead of land, the crew took aboard a strangler found at see, a small, furry white bear, left helpless in the ocean currents. Named Blinky, the bear has been a companion of John's ever since, and has shown a remarkably blossoming intelligence.

Upon returning to the continent, the ship made a stop to refuel, aiming for Thanatos as a rest area. Signals to land, however, were unheeded, and so the weary crew made landfall on a small island to the west that would prove their undoing. Given a few day's rest by the 'beneficient' gnomes there, McArthur soon learned of terrible secrets held on the island, horrendous breeding experiments.

McArthur hastened to leave, but upon returning to the barracks found his whole crew slaughtered. Only Blinky survived, hidden under a bunk. McArthur fled to the docks with his equipment, fighting off several guards in the process before launching in a small craft. He rowed for days, stopping only to allow his bear to exercise a new skill that served to keep both of them alive: fishing. While McArthur rested, his furry companion would dive into the warm waters and bring up fish. Nonetheless, McArthur was glad to see the welcome shores of Cumbria, where he, weary from constant rowing and a sushi-only diet, sought refuge in Dernholm.

The king, desperate for aid in the imminent conflict with Tarant, allowed him to rest, on the provision that he pledge his sword to Cumbria's battles.

McArthur is honorable and honest, but also very intelligent, enough to realize the Cumbria has little chance in this war. He for little else other than to return to Caladon with the news of what has happened, to keep his new-found friend and pet safe, and to do what is right in the process.

9. Slaughter

Slaughter New Member

Mind if I pick the color yellow? (we need more colors, it's possible to add colors to the forum?)

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    Go ahead and use yellow.

I suspect it's quite possible to add more colours to the forum, I just can't be bothered. :)

11. Wolfsbane

Before we continue, DE should edit his post a bit; I am not still residing in my chair.

Wobbler, don't control my characters actions. I know it was a such small thing as surprise, but you don't have the authority to control even that. Please change it, because that's not how Benjamin would've reacted.

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    Fixed. Sorry about that. You're standing up now.

Are you talking to me or wobbler? Anyway, I'm changing my post slightly so you can react the way Benjamin would have. Sorry for overriding your character, I suppose I was going on a limb there.

13. Wolfsbane

14. Dark Elf

Media:
    Due to the recent lack of activity I'll take matters into my own hands and forward the story a bit. Feel free to bite off my Achilles tendon if you're dissatisfied with anything.

15. Master Bates

Master Bates New Member

16. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

AGH! NECROMANCY!

This thread has been inactive for a year! *beats Bates with his own shovel until he learns to check the year as well as the month and day*

17. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Save an eye so he can see when we point to the "delete my post" button.

18. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The Lords threads are my creation and I hate to see them abused.

19. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Lies, you enjoy anything and everything (up to yourself) getting abused.

20. Wolfsbane

Isn't it time for another session of "The Lords of..." ?

Our Host!