Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

My suggestion would be to look at how some of the creatures that supposedly have stat affecting attacks like the Dread Crystal Spider or the Lethe Wyvern...

Where excatly are the spell mechanisms stored...I mean how would I acess them in WorldEdit?

I'd be happy to have a look into this to help you out!

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Rroyo, should have the file for you within the next few days. Classes kinda snowed me under this week. *grump* Fucking Chemistry almost killed me this week.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

FourHorsemen: In WorldEd you'd right-click on the item or critter you want to attach a spell to. This brings up the edit panel.
    The critter will have a tab marked Spells, while the item has four boxes in the lower left corner. There you can select the spell you want.

You mentioned the mechanics of the spells. These are primarily Arcanum/3 (or 5).dat/mes/spell.mes for the names and Arcanum 3 (or 5).dat/rules/SpellList.mes for the actual specs.

Xiao: Don't rush. You might as well hold off for a few weeks until I get back on-line. Moving day is this Saturday and my computer will be disconnected until I get the new place rewired and inspected.

And you have my sympathies about the chemistry class.
    High school chem was bad enough - college level must be a nightmare.

4. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Well, considering that I'm fairly certain that I lost a few brain cells to a combination of heat death and unexpected hydrogen this week... *sigh* Bloody lab, it's like the middle of summer in there but it's friggin' freezing everywhere else.

I'll still try to have something done over the next week, because once semester starts up again I'll be snowed under for another couple of months.

Enjoy the move, don't strain anything.

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Ok - I'll check my mailbox first. And thanks again.

Enjoy the move? That would be a first. Heh...
    And thanks to my hand being messed up, I've got plenty of help.
    It'll just cost me a couple cases of beer. I can live with that.

6. SoulKina

SoulKina New Member

A RE kind of quest, I've been dreaming about something like this to happen. Seriously, I've dreamed about it. I was going to try to do something like that, but I suck at modding and failed. I might contribute with some ideas later.

Off topic, your hand's still messed up?

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Yeah. It's still healing and, for the most part, coming along nicely, but one of the ligiments for my index finger and some of the nerves for my thumb are refusing to rejoin properly. Since I can't afford any more surgeries, I'll just have to live with a weak finger and a thumb that's dead from the second joint out.

A wrist brace with an attached aluminum splint for my thumb allows me to have a sort-of usable thumb. I can pinch things and even lift a 5 lb bag of sugar (for a brief moment) with my left hand, but tightly-sealed jars and bottles are still beyond me. That's where an electric jar opener comes in real handy.

8. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

rroyo: You are not the only one who has the same problem, because I have a broken right hand. It have to stay in plaster for two weeks.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Poor rroyo. *cuddle* That really, really sucks.

10. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Arthgon: Right hand? oooo... That's the pits - Unless you're left-handed.

Xiao: :)

11. Arthgon

It sucks indeed, because of my broken hand I cannot work, or work out. The good news is that I can do most of the things with my left hand. (Only writing is difficult.)

12. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Imagine me, I'm a guitar player. What if I broke my hand?

13. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

14. Arthgon

Then you have to wait untill your hand is fully healed.

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Ok - Moving day has arrived folks. So, until I get things up and running again:

To any newcomers: Welcome to the forum and thanks for having an interest in my work.
    Feel free to post any comments, suggestions, bug-reports, or grumbles you may have. If you don't get a reply right away, be patient. If one of the regulars don't give you an answer first, I will when I get back.

To the regulars: Same thing as above and expect me when you see me next.

Here's a little something for scripters to contemplate: How do you realistically make a wolf puke?
    I'd like to include the bit of animation where he dips his head, then the puddle appears in front of him.

16. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yeah.
    I'm right handed and I remember how much it sucked when my right hand exploded.
    It's a pain when the hand that does all of your favorite things is out of commission.

17. SoulKina

SoulKina New Member

In summer vacation (december-january in Brazil) I crushed my right hand and right leg in a quad accident, I didn't broke my hand, but it was useless for a month at least, the accident also did permanent nerve damage in my hand. I could walk, but I couldn't bend it, having no skin in my knee. A rock did a 1cm deep wound in it and it wasn't "stiched"(?) enough, so the skin grew back, but the meat and shit did regenerate in that particular spot, resulting in a creepy purple scar. The rest of my knee is also scarred, but that spot creeps me out.

Being right handed and "right legged", it sucked, I couldn't do shit, but my friends helped me and it still was a pretty good vacation. I didn't have to do any surgery though, I feel sorry for you.

18. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Rroyo: While I'mn't much of a scripter, I think that you could make a script that runs an animation, with that animation being a wolf puking? Oh, and sorry about your arm... hopefully it gets better easily. :(

19. Arthgon

I have just looked at the animations of the wolf in ArtView, and I think that wlfuwxaa.art* just look like if the wolf pukes.

PS: How long must you have the wrist brace?

* http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/18/ ... fuwxaa.ART

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

*Just a quick in-and-out from work.*

Darkfool: 1) That's what I'm hoping to do, although I failed miserably the last time I tried to script an animation.

2) And thanks.

Arthgon: 1) Copied the file name and I'll check it out when I get home.

2) Unless I get extremely lucky and the nerves reattach on their own, I'll need this brace for the rest of my life. It helps hold my thumb into position.

Our Host!