Most fun character

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Twizman, Dec 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Also, a nutshell version of the FAQ can be found here if you're too lazy to read the whole thing.

2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I subscribe to this dogma as well; as one can see, I have no glaring gravedigs to my credit. However, I do not subscribe due to any deference I have for those who enforce rules that they refuse to justify with any amount of reason. I abide because I'd rather not deal with the consequence.

Still, I deny the utility of beating up on a member of The House who replies to a thread that has gone some arbitrary length of time without a previous reply. Additionally, I suggest that gravedigging is a better use of resources than creating a new thread that is redundant to one already in existence and invite somebody to persuade me otherwise.

I hope my position on this issue is clear.

3. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

See, damn it!!! That makes me even madder...

The ones I bought not only broke, as I mentioned above, but they certaintly didn't smell minty fresh!
    In fact... They kinda smelled like they had been used by a previous owner to store gym socks!

There were no extra-dimensional planes either!

Sure, they held 600lbs of stuff in a bag the size of a small purse, but what the hell good is that if they reek of ass and break in stores... spilling their contents over everything?!!

I'm straight-up pissed :x

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

There is a bag of Holding in my possession, but I am using it to keep my ingredients, forbidden books, and some other items dry and safe. I do not have to use it for keeping bodies, because they go in my garden, and I use them as ingredients.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I don't have a Bag of Holding. I have a PSO/PSU-Style inventory, accessed through sheer technology.

Only the makers of Phantasy Star could come up with a plausible explanation for all their characters having access to Hammerspace.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

What you really need, Xelanoth, is one of my patented, "Dump all" Bag of Holding's! See, when you purchase the bag, we set two 'code words' and, upon speaking the first code word, the contents of the bag dumps itself upon the ground, or whatever else is around! When you speak the second one, the bag returns to you! Here, watch this example.

*me tosses his bag of holding at Xiao*
    Aphrodite!
    *watches as dead koala's sprinkle the ground around Xiao*
    Perseus!
    *the bag reappears in Dark Fool's hand*

Nifty, isn't it? Great for making get aways. :)

7. Arthgon

How much cost a 'Dump All' Bag of Holding?

8. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

Yeeeeah! That sounds perfect!

Cause, believe me when I tell you that mine are simply not working out as intended...

Oh, and I went to see the guy who sold 'em to me yesterday.
    Not only was he not at his usual street corner, but there was a lot of police activity in the area....

I finally tracked him down in the next town over, and he began to run as soon as he saw me...
    So, I began driving after him, but MAN was he quick...
    So, after a long, harrowing chase, I rammed him with my truck to slow him down a bit (like the cops do)...

Unfortunately, in the heat of the chase I guess I must have hit him while going a tad too fast and... well... long story short... he is no longer with us!

But at least he won't be peddling cheasy Bag of Holding knockoffs on anymore innocent victims!

9. Arthgon

What have you done with his body? You could sell it for money to buy a better Bag of Holding.

10. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

Yeah... I thought of that... but the smell is already kinda strong, and that usually detracts from the price quite a bit, unfortunately :???:

I was thinking of unloading it on Xiao for use in the garden, but that's ONLY if there is still room...

11. Arthgon

I do not think that Xiao would be happy about this, because her garden is getting full. So it's better that Xiao, PD, and you use my garden(Perhaps you all will find something interesting in there.).

12. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I suppose one could always try a Jack of All Trades Character....knows the first schematic of every techincal discipline and the first spell of every college. And you discipline yourself to go no higher that and keep your magic/tech rating as close to 0 as you can.

Which means if you have enough Character points left over, you can still go to town on skill while having a character who can Create

- Create Healing Salves (very useful given the availibity of the materials used to make them)

- Elixir of Persuasion, for thoe times when you need a little exra convincing power

- Spike Trap: for perparing for those elaborate fights you want to pick.

- Strong Poison: Can be handy for the same reason as above.

- Molotv Cocktail: awesome if you're a thrower. Best Dmg per cost explosive, IMHO.

- Hand Crafted Flintlock: Meh!
    - Pure Ore: Meh;
    - Electric Light: useful at times, but meh!

And Who can cast:

- Harm: Great
    - Minor Healing: Great.
    - Agility of Fire: Nice
    - Disarm: Great!
    - Shield of PRotection: Okay.
    - Charm: okay!
    - Resist Magic: Okay!

- Charm Beast: Borderline Meh!
    - Vitality of Air: meh;
    - Purity of Water: meh!
    - Strength of Earth: meh!
    - Sense Alignment: Meh!
    - Hardened hands: Meh
    - Iluminate: Meh!
    - Plague of Insects: Meh!
    - Magelock - Meh!

-------------------------
    Now you could even save a good few CPs by ignoring any investments in "Meh's"...

But honestly...if you want an efficient "item colector" All you really need is:

- Level 5 COnveyance (for Teleport) and possibly Disarm for certain fights against humanoids.

- Level 5 divination (For Divine Magic) so you don't have to keep hitting the Gypsies.
    - Pick Locks Expertise or Mastery.
    - Pick Pockets Expertise or Mastery.

Can't recall how many CPs that will cost but that's a good chunk for a charcter, especially when you take into account the INt and DEX requirements.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*looks at the koala corpses, one eyebrow raised*

Gosh, it's like the universe want me to practice my newfound Techniques.

*concentrates for a second and gestures dramatically* NAFOI! *Boom!*

There, no more koalas, problem solved.

*dusts hands and goes looking for a Monofluid*

14. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Can I eat the ones that fail? I'll still let you bury the bodies.

15. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Plus, it's like free fertilizer if you teach him to dookie in your garden!

Xiao, I'm impressed with your koala removal abilities. I'm also amused that you'd study a spell just for the purpose of koala removal.

*realizes he has no more koalas, throws down a flash bang as a
    distraction, and staggers away, blinded*

FH: I think that's a decent idea. I think that I'd wind up tweaking it a little (ie: instead of investing one point into the colleges that suck, take half as many magic/tech colleges, and invest in the ones that've useful abilities at either tier 1, 2, or both.

16. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

I too am impressed!
    The last time I tried to cast a removal spell, (my problem was an overabundance of guinea pigs - not koalas, but I digress)...
    Anyway, the last time I tried this I experienced a critical failure and not only did the plethora of guinea pigs NOT go away, but I was rendered paralyzed and could only watch helplessly as they deficated on me again and again... and again!

Moral of the story - Be sure you practice magik within your school of expertise and never, NEVER mess with feral guinea pigs!!!!!!

It only makes 'em madder!

17. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    *watches DF*
    DF, when will you learn to close your eyes?
    *shakes head*
    *turns and bounces of a large glass panel*
    Damn it!
    Who closed the fucking patio door!?!

18. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

It's been closed, just recently washed with Windex. Didn't you notice the talking birds over in that tree?

19. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Not anymore.
    It's got a face print on it now.
    *grumble*

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Awwwww! My poor baby! *cuddles her puppy* There there, I'll make it all better. *casts a healing spell*

DF, I didn't learn NaFoi for the express purpose of incinerating koalas. It's just about the only thing I've been able to use my Techniques for, though. More's the pity. Living on circa-PS4 Motavia for six months was alright, but that year in the Ryshel Temple with bloody Raja and his bloody, bloody terrible jokes was a trial... *shudder*

Still, he did introduce me to some very attractive young Espers and Palmans, so I'm happy.

Our Host!