Most fun character

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Twizman, Dec 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

And yet, there's nothing we can do about it than to bitch and moan to no avail whatsoever. If a moderator or an admin gets bothered, it gets recitified. But if a common joe member like you guys (or me) gets bothered by it, what happens? In your case, endless bladiblah, but little real effect. Why can't someone just say "please don't gravedig" and then be done with it?

2. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

You are all correct - I did not read the FAQ before posting; therefore I am now officially both repugnant and morally offensive :p

No, seriously... I am sorry that I didn't take the time to do that as it would have allowed me to avoid uneccessary embarassment.

Problem will not happen again... although I am sure I will do something at some point to get everyone upset :???:

3. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    There's probably a bit of a pecking order tossed together with a fly or fall aspect. It doesn’t take much for a new poster to set things off. Most of it is can be rectified by reading the sticky's first. They're there for a reason.

Second, if you run and hid at the first 'fuck off' post your receive, your never survive here in the first place.

I'm fairly young here and I've seen more newbie run off sniveling than I can remember. It's simple really. Try not to double post. Attempt to use decent sentence construction and grammar. Don't spam one character posts to increase your post count. (although, somehow, god got away with it.)
    And don't bump threads.

The best advice I got when I should up was:
    and
    You seem to have done well and not gotten overly whinie and conformed to community standard.

Welcome to TA.

Also, your posts come with an edit button incase you forget to add something. It helps avoid double posts.

4. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

See, now I have to persevere!

I LOVE cake too! :pacman:

5. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I ain't sayin' she a gravediggah. :roll:

6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Incorrect, DF. Any thread that is not locked is viable for replying simply by virtue of it being possible for any member to reply to it. If this is such an issue, lock old threads.

7. soviet

soviet New Member

Incorrect, Davis. while nobody bothers to lock threads unless shi^Wa gravedig happens, gravedigging IS a sure way to annoy the old fa^W^Wrespectable elders. although the logically inclined among the newbies find the rules "Use the search" and "Don't gravedig" mutually exclusive.

8. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

Really didn't mean to start such a sh*t storm...lol

or... maybe... I... did [​IMG]

Oh, did I mention that I too love cake?
    Cause I do!

[​IMG]

9. TheDavisChanger

soviet, what did you accomplish with that reply other than increasing your post count? Consider this a repost of the post of mine to which you replied as you didn't refute any of my claims.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Davis. You have it WRONG. We have rules about gravedigging. They are in the FAQ that all you goddamn newtypes keep FUCKING IGNORING!!! We shouldn't need to lock the older threads.

Do we really need to follow the incredibly pathetic course of other forums where we have a whole seperate section entitled 'Read This First'? Come on people.[/i]

11. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Actually, the philosophy is that, by nature of having the rules and quickly banning those whom prove themselves to be repeat offenders, you'll find that we don't need to lock old threads. Given that, unless I'm mistaken, each thread would have to be individually locked (I'd've to check the Admin panel, but I don't believe this version of PHP allows you to 'auto-lock' after a certain age), which is a HUGE amount of unnecessary work. Most people understand it, and the few that don't figure it out quickly or leave/are banned. Soviet was actually exceedingly correct with what he said, and while there were characters that didn't appear correctly in my language/typeset/etc, I recommend that you re-read it, and see if you figure it out. He's been banned once, but still seems to understand this place better than you.

Xela: Don't worry. Things happen. Don't act like DavisChanger or GarfBarf, and you should be fine.

p.s: Don't correct me when it comes to the rules. I had the rules sorted out several years before you came here.

12. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

Yeah, I'm good now...

I had not pooped in 3 days and, well... I'll just attribute my behavior to that.

Nothing like the threat of putting me in a dimensional pocket inside of someone's car to move the bowells :D

13. DarkFool

There's a reason why all the pockets in my coats and my pants have been replaced with Bags of Holding. :)

14. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

I had one once, but the guy that sold it to me was kinda shady and it didn't live up to its promises...

See, It held things alright, but every so often a seam would rip...
    I would be in line at the grocery store when out of nowhere 600lbs of random crap would pour out all over the floor! :-o

It was none too fun trying to explain that to the myriad of cops and FBI that were called due to the suspicions that I had shoplifted everything!!!

So, please, PLEASE be sure to buy your bags of holding from a reputable place!

P.S. -
    Quick question:

Do the bags of holding stymie the smell of the rotting flesh from some of the older newbie corpses?

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Nope. :D I dumped a whole load of air fresheners in there, but they can't hold out forever. I'm just waiting for the wonderful moment where they run out and DF realises that he's going to have to either clean the place or endure the fetid stench of koala corpses.

16. TheDavisChanger

I never denied the verity of soviet's statements, merely their relevance to mine. Behold as I exctract the claims from the flame baiting:
    TDC: Unlocked threads can be replied to. Locked threads cannot.
    s: Gravedigging makes angry people angry.
    TDC: Unlocked threads can be replied to. Locked threads cannot.
    DF: Locking threads is too much effort.

I understand the issue perfectly: a vocal fraction of the members of The House do not like for people to reply to stale threads. Mistake not disagreement for misunderstanding.

I continue to back xElatOth's perspective on this issue. He may have changed his mind by now, but I maintain that if you show me an unlocked thread, I will show you a viable candidate for replies.

17. xElatOth

xElatOth New Member

I do appreciate the backing, but I look at it like this:

Whether or not it is technically viable to reply is no longer the issue for me...

It WAS the issue before I read the FAQ, but now it is just a matter of respecting the prefered rules the elders have put in place...

This is their home; they built it, and if they do not appreciate gravedigging... I will gladly abide... :)

18. DarkFool

That's because you buy cheap bags of holding. Mine all smell minty fresh. Also, what variety of bags of holding are you using? Mine are actually portals to a pocket dimension, so everything that goes into my pockets is technically on another plane of existence.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

It's not a mother-FUCKING bag of holding! Extradimensional pockets do come in non-D&D varieties, DAMN it! *pant pant* Fuck you and your minty fresh. I do these things to hurt you, my boy. Enjoy the scent of a multitude of rotten koalas.

20. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    My Gods!
    This brings a tear to my eye.
    I'm so proud.

If only we could setup a regular newbie panel and have xElatOth brief the new blood.

Our Host!