Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Next thing you know...they'll be wanting to screw the Stillwater Giant or Nasrudin :p

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

About having a child: there are ways to do this. We could simply copy one of Stephen Kings ideas for a character: Mordred Deschain. Mordred is the son of Roland (the protagonist), but he's also the son of the Crimson King (the antagonist). He's a sort of half-elemental and/or divine creature, and grows unnaturally fast.

The woman you, as a male character, boinks in the beginning could be a magic creature who gives birth to a magical child. This child seeks you out to either kill you or join you (probably depending on your alignment (and his)). How's that for an idea?

3. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I like it Wolfsbane...simple and clearcut!

And just so people don't think I'm against the gayness of what's being proposed...if you can mAnage to come up with dialogue based on the words of his existing dialogue text, I'll splice and mend the audio files for his speech, provided someone gets me Virgils original audio and dialogue text.

4. Kijikun

Kijikun New Member

I very much second this. ^_^ Glad to see I'm not alone in that.

5. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

And if there's a female NPC just for boinking...I demand she go: "Suki suki me so horny...me so hooooorny!!!"

6. SoulKina

SoulKina New Member

I second that. And the pregnancy thing isn't so important people, at least in my opinion, but I support Wolfsbane idea if it's gonna happen.
    About the release, omfg Christmas release? That will take a while, but I suppose if you rush things they'll go Troika bugged-like. Anyway I'm talking nonsense, must go out.

7. Kijikun

Kijikun New Member

A few things I've noticed, that might have been brought up before -

Some of the custom shopkeepers do not have a inventory if you visit them a day later.

This might be my game but after visiting the one halfing and being teleported into the trees to answer nature's call my character became stuck.

This might be in the original game build as well but when I destroyed the steam engine in Shrouded Hills I made sure the dwarf was a sleep and I used explosives, making sure I was in the main room. The sheriff didn't seem to know it was me until three days later after I'd fixed it for him and gotten rid of the bandits at the bridge.

James Bond attacks when resurrected - not so much as a bug, as me going 'aw man, I thought he'd thank me or something'.

Wolfe's Lair - They had be wolf cubs didn't they? ;_; It be nice if you could spare one and have it as a follower.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Well, maybe not Nasrudin, but I'd tackle Arronax given half a chance. Besides, after 2000 years alone and unable to leave that one room, you can't honestly tell me he wouldn't take any opportunity handed to him. :D Hrm, maybe you could try some stuff with Arronax first, Rroyo? I dare say he'd be a bit easier to edit than Virgil would be... *chuckle*

Now...

Races: Human, Half-Elf and Elf, definately. Half-Orc, maybe. Dwarf... *twitch* Halfling or Gnome, PLEASE LORD NO.

1.) 14+ BE, 14+ CHA, at least 90+ reaction but more likely 101+. Someone attractive and kind who he's had time to fall for.
    2.) 12+ BE, 10+ CHA, probably only about 60+ Reaction. Pretty (or cute), a decent personality, someone he knows well enough to know that she won't kill him for touching her.
    3.) FUCK YES.

*wanders off, thinking incredibly dirty thoughts about Virgil and Arronax and grinning like a madwoman.

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Virgil: "That which appeals to us most is ourselves."
    Thinking realistically - Now given that he's a bit shy around women I believe he'd stick to a pretty, reasonably intelligent woman who appears more along the human lines. That rules out virtually every half-orc and uni-brow woman, leaving the Human, Elf, and Half-elf races as viable options.

As for the male side - The same rule would apply. The further away from human you got, the less interest there would be. That rules out half-ogres, half-orcs, and dwarves.

The halflings - I don't which way to go with them. Their small size would make them of interest to some - as a bottom. I'm find the image of a human man spreading for someone half his size is more humorous than anything else.

Pregnancy: Again - no. Just let it go, folks...

Kijikun: Your first two listings tells me something's glitched. The inventories definately renew.

The last time this was reported, the guy had to do a fresh install - but let's try this first: Double-click the Drog'sCleanCache.bat. Then start up again with a save made prior to going to Brandybuck or wherever you first encountered the inventory problem. If all's well, the teleport problem should disappear as well.
    If it doesn't work - Reinstall the A:WIP elements and start fresh. Sorry.

3) I think this is stock game. Of course, it's been ages since I've done that, so I could be wrong. Anyone want to second this?

4) Oooooppppsss.... Looks like I forgot something. He's currently set on Kill on Sight so that he'd attack Jaws, who stands with his back to the window, so he doesn't run out to attack the incoming PC.
    Looks like I need to figure out another way to do this so anyone not wanting a free place can have a greatful Mr. Bond make one of his bad pun quips.

5) A wolf cub? That never grows up? As a follower? :/
    Oh - And the wolves are as-is from the stock version of the cave. I didn't add or delete any.

Xiao: Arronax - I see what you mean. After all that time, the crack of dawn would look good to him. :lol:

I'll check him out. Since he has a much simpler dialog than Virgil, he would make a decent test subject.

10. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well Rroyo...I'll help out with the audio with Arronax if you need it :)

And as for the worlf cub...I'd gladly settle for the trap spotting dog from car arcanum1

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'll keep you in mind for both audios.

Coming in 7.0. I gave it to the Worthless Mutt.

12. Kijikun

Kijikun New Member

1 & 2: I'll do that, hopefully it'll fix the problem without a new install. If not, ah well, it happens.

3: Drat. There really should be some way to break the steam engine without having to kill the dwarf. Poor guy didn't do anything.

4. I have the bad habit of trying resurrect just about everything, just to see what will happen. But that would be fabulous. Maybe he could give you something with a charisma bonus as a reward?

5. It could use it cuteness to lure my enemies into a false since of 'aww'.
    XD

Also - if you need any female vocals recorded I'd be willing to help out.

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

If I'm not careful, this hack will become a two-part download. Two 200 mb chunks.....

Thanks for the offer though. :thumbup:

14. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Destroying the steam engine in Shrouded Hills is an evil quest, killing Hervor or whatever his name is is quite fitting.

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*girlish squeal of delight*

Oh, damn it. Now I need to write fanfiction again. As if I didn't have more than enough to do already...

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

SoulKina:
    I'm afraid the problem's on your end as I wasn't getting it.
    Checking the scripting revealed that the first time you go up the ladder, you get awarded a fate point. Then the script is switched for one that doesn't award; just teleports.
    For some reason your game isn't wanting to switch the scripting.

It's a minor bug but be on the look-out for others.

Hey Xiao - I've been keeping an eye open for places where I could safely add the fanfiction that's here.
    Would you mind if I hid a copy of "Why Half-Elves Shouldn't Drink Booze" in your cottage? In a locked container, of course.

17. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. Let 'em drink. The more lumberjacks the better.

18. SoulKina

SoulKina New Member

Well, what I meant is, you don't have to go all the trouble of breaking through those trapped doors to get the fate point, you just have to go down the trap door in Bates's House and go up the ladder, easy. I didn't mean that you could get that fate point over and over like Shackleford, just a one time piece of cake fate point.

Ladder, that was the word, ladder. Store, my english cracks me up.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Rroyo - Dear LORD. Do it, do it now, that's bloody awesome. *giggle*

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Halfway done. Is handwriting acceptable or would you prefer mage script like in the Atlas of Arcanum or book type?

[​IMG]

Our Host!