Minor Things That Bug Us

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Feb 19, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

No it's not gay, man. Don't worry, I was just making a wise crack. Want me to get you a tamp....I mean a tissue?

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Congratulations. This statement has given me even more reason to want to hump you. Yes, you're most definitely correct. I think something else that I hate is sweatpants in public. Tight ones (lulu lemons, and the spandex-y sort) are excusable... but baggy sweatpants in public isn't attractice, and isn't something you should wear outside.

3. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Not a new annoyance, but an oldie and a goodie:

Parents.

Specifically the parents of human children.

4. WB Steamcock

WB Steamcock New Member

Vegans are infinitely annoying. They proselytize their bullshit more than any religion.

5. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Eh. I wear sweatpants because jeans or slacks involve buttons, zippers, belts, finding the right size...

Pain in the ass.

6. TheDavisChanger

7. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

8. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

9. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

So God wants us to eat humans too?

10. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yes, but without chewing.

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I get up every morning, shave, put on my suit and tie a double windsor knot in my tie before putting my leather shoes on and I'm out the door. I don't own any hats at all and my old tennis shoes are reserved for playing paintball in. Although my dress code is considerable lazier on weekends.

Theres a thing called pride in appearance that so many people just lack these days. Also, real men don't wear clip on ties.

12. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

My sweats have pockets.

13. TheDavisChanger

I was afraid you were going to say that.

Many sweats don't.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Sweats are nasty. The only place sweats of ANY kind are remotely acceptable in public is a gym, and even then it's a close thing.

15. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

A friend of mine wears sweats out of his house. It drives me crazy.

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Congratulations. You've unlocked the "Grand Slob Master!" Next, for 3000 points, you can unlock the "Mobile Home!" Achievement!

@Vorak: I would follow suit,* but I'd wind up massively over-dressed for my job. Also, have you ever tried to crawl under a desk in a suit? Not very classy. However, I'm impressed you take the time to do so.

*heh. pun.

17. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

A friend of mine in high school wore a full tuxedo to school once a week, every week, on Wednesday for all 4 years I knew him. Strange guy, but damn, he did look classy 1/7th of the week.

18. Master Bates

Master Bates New Member

-Media bias. Left wing, right wing, for or against issue A or person B, whatever. Seriously, I'm watching for information. I don't give a flying fuck about your expert opinion or your informed analysis. Just tell me exactly what happened without any particular editorial slant in one direction or the other.

-People who pick their noses, adjust their underwear, or scratch their genitals in public. I don't think further elaboration on this one is necessary.

-Twilight. I'm an ex-Mormon, and can see all the rather subversive overtones for exactly what they are. I also find the books incredibly misogynistic and depressing even without the aforementioned Mormon propaganda.

-Granny Smith apples. I don't know why, I just hate them.

-Old, unreliable ammunition. The next time I line up a squirrel in my sights, pull the trigger and hear 'clunk' instead of 'bang' I'm going to run out there and just kill the squirrel with my bare hands.

EDIT: I just realized I was gravedigging, but venting is always an enjoyable pastime and since this thread was here, I elected to use it.

19. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'd pounce on you for gravedigging... Except that FUCK YES to your opinion on Twilight, with the added opinion that the Bella/Edward relationship is about as far from healthy as it gets. *shudder*

I asked a couple of fangirls in my class what the appeal was, and I still don't get it. There was something about sparkles and vampires being romantic and diamonds and some other shit about it totally being a great relationship and I just cracked trying to understand them.

Then again, my idea of the Perfect Man, capitals and all, is Rune Walsh, so I might not be the best person to come to on this subject... (Rodney McKay is number 2 on my list, incidentally. Snarky, smart, resourceful. That's what I want in my partner. No wonder I've been single for so long.)

20. TheDavisChanger

I thought like the joke, comic, and inspirational poster thread that this thread was immune to gravedigging.

In any case, I'm not inclined to cry foul. Dig on!

Our Host!