Sex and relationships

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by ville-v, Nov 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jewlguy

jewlguy New Member

ookaay, well after reading this one, admitting to alot of skimming,

suggest some might want to try playing in "second life", if thats not to blasphemish to say on an arcanum forum. if you do look up "simone rees", i can direct you to just about anthing, lol
    pretty much anything goes there, never really tried to diddle about much in arcanum, although , i had to see what happened in madam lil's once before, i think i was gyped

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

PUPPY! We need a new hole in the garden, because I'm going to shoot this guy! *readys pistol*

3. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Well, Xiao, as sad as sex and relationships on Second Life is, it's not nearly as sad as seeking sex and relationships in Arcanum.

4. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    *digs hole*
    *finds something at the bottom of new hole*
    Uhm...you weren't missing a few albemics, were you?

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Oh! That's where they ended up! *grabs alembics and takes them inside for a thorough cleaning* Right, punishment time!

*wanders over to jewlguy and shoots him point blank, than starts hauling the body towards the fresh hole* Shit, he's heavy...

6. jewlguy

jewlguy New Member

excatly my point...i don't sink to cyber, but in arcanum? thats just pathetic. in sl, i'm a builder that's about it, although my rl girl is with me there and while i rp fantasy/medievl/steampunk at first there, i still don't cyber....that aint right, it's particapatory, not a spectator recreation.
    people with a bent for that sort of thing are better fit for sl, was my contention

and , well xiao, you seemed to have been waist deep in that string, so puppy dosen't have much work, you dug the hole quite deep enough. happy to take your place there...."and shooting? a half elf, probably missed, hehe"
    points out the shovel to xiao, dont mke the puppy fill it in, is your mess

7. Klaz

Klaz New Member

Sex in Arcanum is a way to roleplay your character, not fanservice. (See: Fallout 2 for example, where sleeping with a certain character could get you a nice item, or get you in serious trouble with your partner's father)

8. jewlguy

jewlguy New Member

well, that's very different then, understood.......
    still dosen't help me , dead in a doggie hole :p

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

My reaction to you was inspired not by Second Life or the reference to cybering (although they didn't help), but your atrocious spelling, grammar and punctuation. *shudder* As anyone around here will tell you, I am a bitch when it comes to people who can't write.

Now BACK IN THE DAMN HOLE!

10. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

*waves Xiao away* Hush. Let the big people play. :p Well then, FamilyJewl, Klaz was quite right with his explanation of what sex in Arcanum serves as. I find myself quite curious as to what you aimed to accomplish by making your introductory post in this thread, what also I believe was your 4th post, and begin it by insulting most of the populace of this hellish debacle we polite call a forum for the lack of a word that properly described the sensation of having ones testicles in a vice, and both enjoying and not enjoying at the same time whilst mocking everyone around you for being in the same situation. Do not allow me to scare you away, but please understand that, short of trying to hype Secondlife to us, I fail to see what you've accomplished beyond a few pitiful attempts to insult us based upon a misunderstanding of sexuality in a video game. Care to explain?

11. jewlguy

jewlguy New Member

hmmmm?
    apolligies for the spelling and grammer, i am a right brained, dyslexic, who types like ... this is the entertainment value only part... archie [ a writer reborn as a cockroach in the 30s ;see archie and mehetabelle], running up the cold iron side of the old typewriter and leaping head first onto the desired key hence the lack of capitols and the dizzy spelling. actually this has always been a problem and after reading the mods intro, seems i shouldnt be here, although i have never found an issue in most forums. i am easily readable , as indecated by the reactions i dredged up.

ps : dig the hole longer, i'm taller then you

was simply a thought that the sex was better played elsewhere, not that it shouldt be here at all, anyone can see the game anyway they want...including me, and i ment no aggression......till i was noob stomped

foolish one
    not scared, just uncomfortable.....not truely pushing second life, as i mentioned, thought it a more enriching play for those with such a twist.
    not going to explain any more than is here, there was aboslutly no insult ment excepting for a kneejerk reaction to a demi's post on the new guy

was hoping to have a place to talk and get info on arcanum...i enjoyed the game for years, and just started to play again......it'll all come back to me

nice tight knit lil group here needs to loosen up a bit...or not, thanks all

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

*cluches head* If, somewhere in that mess, you claimed to be easily understandable, then you're either lying to me or to yourself.

And you did not just make a crack about my height. It's like you want me to kick you in the bollocks until your nether regions resemble strawberry jam.

13. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Actually, I think in his stupid little way he was trying to suggest he wanted to have sex with you.

I could be wrong, though.

14. jewlguy

jewlguy New Member

i think i'll stick to reading info...this is impossible....

15. DarkFool

I happen to be dyslexic, and it seems that lately, it's a rather popular way to cover ones faults or laziness. I'mn't saying this is the case, however, it'sn't difficult to, after you've written your post out, to go through it again, and examine for spelling errors. Hell, if you use Google Chrome, it'll even tell you where they are.

If you wish to discuss Arcanum, that's fine. You managed to write a single post that came across as an insult to us, and yes, we are a collective. This means, of course, that regardless of your intent, you're going to recieve hell for that post. Since you seem intent upon discussing it, I've a single question, out of a mild curiousity: How did you get Arcanum?

16. jewlguy

jewlguy New Member

i've had it since it first came out, and played it for months on end. i happened upon the disk in a move to germany, and have been enjoying it for some time now; although, this graphics devotee, still craved a bit more eye candy.
    after a couple of years playing, and heavily moding the game "dungeon seige", arcanum was a fresh challange.

not to worry though. i'll try to keep a more descret presence here.
    * lurks about , plucking bits of info*

17. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Although lurking is probably one's safest bet, I wouldn't fold up just yet. It's the Internet! What can these creeps possibly do?

They've already run off another noob in recent days. Don't let yourself become another of their casualties.

18. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Finally a person who gets it.

19. DarkFool

We run off those whom don't seem capable of being even vaguely intellectual. Like, for instance, Eugene. Upon coming to the realization that a majority of us are quite rude, he assumed that we're all do-nothing will never be nothing individuals, and informed us he wouldn't come back. I don't know about you, but that's not something I really want to deal with. Am I genuinely rude person elsewhere in the world, in anything else I do? No, not really. I'm an asshole here to those whom cannot put together a legitimate defense for themselves. One finds that if you take a new member, and drop them into fire, you find out very quickly if they're capable of stepping out of the fire, or if they're just going to bitch about getting burned. If you want to hang around this forum, fine, do so. As long as you're capable of forming at least a mildly intellectual thought, and proving that you're an idiot, you most likely won't get hazed for being here. It's if you start spouting off with heedless bullshit or ideas that positively make no sense that you'll start feeling the metaphorical fire that is our pointing our your lack of intellectual capacity. Does this explain anything/everything to the two of you?

Oh. We also like grammar. Lots of it, and properly done. This isn't a text message. Take the extra .3 seconds to add periods and capital letters.

20. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

So true.

I don't care who you are, but shitty grammar and poor sentence construction leads me inexorably to the conclusion that you are an idiot.

Our Host!