Speaking out against child mutilation is now a hate crime.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Feb 2, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It's currently legal in Sweden for parents to circumsize their sons, which I find disgusting. As a staunch individualist I believe that people should have a right to their own bodies, and that no one else has the right to decide whatever the fuck you do with it. Therefore, circumcision of infants is out. If people want to contribute to God's collection of skin flaps, they can do so when they're adults, and pay for it themselves.

I expressed this opinion on a Swedish forum, and since the nation of my birth reeks with liberal faggotry I received several warnings and was shut off from the community until the fifth of February. Apparently, I had committed a hate crime.

Of course, if anything you say could be interpreted as even remotely offensive to Islam, that's what you have to expect these days.

It's fucking incredible.

2. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Offensive to Islam my ass.

There are many Christian that do so, and more often than not circumcision is a cultural and regional happening rather than a religious one.

But well, I guess I would find myself in the "against" pile in this one.

3. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

That's how they operate these days. On one front they cling to the law that promotes freedom and on the other they deny you the freedom to speak against them.

And as for circumcision, it sure is a stupid thing to do nowadays - other then being based in tradition it no longer serves any practical purpose. However it's the female 'circumcision' that draws all the bad press.

As for the topic in general, what disturbs me is the notion of immigrants actively pushing back their hosts on the matter of what's acceptable and what's not. Until recently one could say 'when in Rome, do as the romans do' - nowadays you get called on spreading hate and intolerance after saying that in public. It's no longer an acceptable truth that when a bunch of barbarians enter a civilized country, they must act civilized as well.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I was mutilated as an infant, so I don't remember the indignity personally. I do, however, wish that I was given a choice as to whether or not I wanted to keep that protective sleeve over my glans.
    It's not even a matter of hygiene any more, it's a matter of personal preference. If you want to cut a piece of yourself off, go for it. I personally would have kept it on, had I been given the option at an age where I could decide for myself.

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

There are certain things you can do to get it back somewhat... Look it up if you really want it.

6. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

You know, I don't know that I've ever heard anyone lament the loss of a foreskin they don't even remember having.

7. Grossenschwamm

I know it might seem odd or selfish, but if girls are allowed to keep their clitorati, then I want to keep my foreskin.

8. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Not to rub it in for Gross (pun not intended), but foreskin really is a pretty sweet thing to have.

My stance on bodily modification is the same as yours Dark Elf. I disagree with modifying baby bodies in anyway, including traditional circumcision, because that's not necessarily what the kiddo wants. You would think that a left-wing country like Sweden would be able to understand this. Unfortunately, left wing politics finds itself divided on whether the child or the parent should get to decide on what happens to the kid (though, by definition of the left wing stereotype, it should be the child). This is why we get stupid things like midgets doing genetic modification to make their kids grow up (not really grow up) to be midgets as well. It's bullshit.

9. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Isn't there an urban legend of somesorts that the tool looks bigger without the protective layer?

10. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

I never bothered to look into it, but I heard that keeping the foreskin makes you more prone to infection, thus making it a case of hygiene. But I wouldn't know personally.

11. Grossenschwamm

Like any body part, the foreskin can be prone to skin infections if it's not washed regularly. It's not like we don't have access to running water and soap.
    And yes, the lack of a foreskin can make it look bigger, but that's as far as it gets. It only looks bigger.

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Geez, that's a whole new kind of special. Who the fuck comes up with this shit and who then lets them air it in public?

13. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Re: Speaking out against child mutilation is now a hate crim

Historically, I believe, it was done for cleanliness. In fact in some countries in Africa, it's illegal to not circumsize a child, simply because it's a cleanliness issue. I know that isn't a valid argument here, since I'm fairly certain we all bathe daily, but I thought it to be worth pointing out. I don't know what being circumsized is like, but by the gods, do I love sex.

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Circumcision must be the best argument from design there is!

NO WAIT...

15. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Sure without foreskin it's near impossible to get a yeast infection. But if you won't clean your body properly you don't deserve to not have one.

16. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Even if someone develops some kind of a cock-infection, proper medicine can take care of the problem. That's no justification for doing permanent damage to someone's body.

And it is damaging the body, however you look at it.

The foreskin contains a very high concentration of nerve endings, which cannot be regrown even if skin itself can.

It is common for infants to go to sleep after being circumcised - actually, they just pass out due to the shock and immense pain the operation causes.

Also, the foreskin is supposed to protect the tip of the penis, which normally is moist and very delicate. Without the protection it becomes covered with thicker, dry skin which effectively diminishes any sexual experience one might have.

I'm not saying it's no longer good or anything, just that it's likely a whole lot better for the people with the foreskin intact.

This tradition makes just as little sense as female circumcision does, it's just that snipping off the clit is generally considered to be worse then cutting off a bit of skin. Then again, the female version is said to have deeper impact upon the body, upsetting the hormonal balance and such.

My position on the subject is that it's stupid to remove any part of a human body without a good reason. It's been proven that even the appendix, which was often cut out during routine surgery (even though it wasn't sick), actually has a purpose in regulating the bacterial balance in human intestines.

17. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Actually, guys, circumcision is LESS hygienic. The foreskin protects against bacteria. This realization simultaneously made doctors kick themselves and stop whipping out the scissors every time there was a birth. Infections come from laziness.

18. Grossenschwamm

A lot of things can be prevented with daily bathing. Laziness is no excuse for cutting off a part of a penis.
    Besides, the foreskin is equivalent to the sheath present in the majority of mammals. Can you imagine what it would be like for a dog if the entire sheath was removed?

19. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Grakelin, unless you can provide yourself with some form of legitimate looking page/etc. for support, I'm calling bollocks upon this argument, and as such it will be declared hearsay, and invalid until corrected. I also know that,* without proper cleaning, and daily care, it does get rather gross. This happens to be an issue in most of the parts of the world where cleaning isn't possible on a daily basis.

*I has a foreskin!

20. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Wikipedia
    The fold of the prepuce maintains sub-preputial wetness, which mixes with exfoliated skin to form smegma. Some authors believe that smegma contains antibacterial enzymes,[29] though their theory has been challenged.[30] The American Academy of Pediatrics state that "No controlled scientific data are available regarding differing immune function in a penis with or without a foreskin."[31] Inferior hygiene has been associated with balanitis,[32] though excessive washing can cause non-specific dermatitis.[33]

Let me find some more, will edit them in.

here.

here.

"8. Immunological defense. The soft mucosa of the inner foreskin produces plasma cells, which secrete immunoglobulin antibodies, and antibacterial and antiviral proteins [7, 14], such as the pathogen-killing enzyme called lysozyme [15 and Blue_ArrowD096.gif (140 bytes)see explanation]. All of the human mucosa (the linings of the mouth, eyelids, vagina, foreskin and anus) are the body's first line of defense against disease. This benefit of the foreskin could be one possible explanation why intact men are at lower risk of chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases [16-21]."

I guess while we're attacking eachother's sources, I should ask who told you that circumcision was supposed to be hygienic? Of course the foreskin protects against bacteria, mate, all of our skin is an anti-disease barrier.

Our Host!