Sex and relationships

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by ville-v, Nov 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. OiNutter

OiNutter New Member

I am sorry, good sir, but your post was too short for me to comprehend. If you wish to speak to me in my own language, I would ask that you keep your post to a minimum of 2000 words. Thank you.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Hooookay. Let's see how much of this I can reply to before I get bored and go back to the chore of following Casavir's romance... *shudder* The things I subject myself to...

Imoen is an awesome character, and making her your sister was, in a word, WRONG. She should have been romancable. She's cheerful, bright, intelligent, and although it's a pain to level her as a mage after getting used to her being a thief, she's still useful once you actually get to keep her. (Unless you've got Edwin. Edwin has been set up so that not even a min-maxed PC mage can quite equal him for sheer magic power. That SUCKS.)

Jahiera annoys the hell out of me. I'd much rather have kept the late, l-l-l-lamented Khalid. Aerie's personality is far too wrapped up in her own misfortunes to be tolerable - the one time I tried to get through her romance (see earlier comment about Casavir) I just wound up wanting to scream and rant at her until she got the damn point and shut the fuck up. As I mentioned earlier, Viconia is actually quite interesting, but damnably hard to complete successfully.

Now. Anomen, technically two romances in one, and both quite painful. LG Anomen makes me want to cry - one second he's grumpy and snippy and then suddenly he's found his place in the world and all is well... FUCK THAT SHIT. CN Anomen is somewhat better - he's still crabby as hell, but he's more honest with himself about what he wants, and apparently what he wants is you. It's still not brilliant (I doubt that a single woman had anything to do with Anomen's romance), but it's more tolerable than LG at least. *shudder*

Now, NWN. I only played the OC once, with a cranky low-charisma fighter, so I have no idea what Aarin Gend's or Aribeth's romances are like. The idea of romancing Aribeth creeps me out a little, especially with her going nuts over Fenthik's death. And Gend, well, he's a spymaster, so I probably wouldn't trust him anyways.

No romance in Shadows of Undrentide. There is Deekin, though. :D

Hordes of the Underdark has Nathyrra. Imagine taking Aerie, giving her Jaheira's bossyness, then trying to disguise it all as Viconia. *gag* On the other hand, it also has Valen, and he's just plain awesome. You have to earn his trust, and every scrap of his past is a battle to discover. He's got an excellent personality - he's almost dour, but his occasional funny comments or Sigilian tunes make sure that he never crosses the line. And if you have the money to buy his truename, you can make him very happy... or make him your SLAVE.

NWN2. Nothing to say about Elanee as yet, and the Casavir romance is dullllllllllllllllllllllllll... why'd they leave enough of Bishop's romance path intact for us to know he was a million times more interesting in every way?

If I could choose to romance ANY of the NPCs from the various games, they'd be:

BG2: Cernd and Haer'Dalis.
    NWN: Daelen Red Tiger and Linu.
    NWN2: Neeshka, Bishop and Sand.
    Arcanum: Virgil (obviously), Geoffrey, X'an.

3. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Code:

word = 0;
    while (word<=2000)
    {
         printf(word, /n);
         word++;
    }

Better?

4. Mr Frost

Mr Frost New Member

OiNutter, she is only your half sister. so its not all that bad. Plus you can get some decent romance mods with her (though i try to stay away from the ones that seem to enjoy that fact she is familey, make it too weird.) should check em out and give the game a run again its worth it. i had just bought the entire set on ebay for like 20 bucks.

5. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

Short form: they're not. You get a ring and maybe bypass an encounter if it's Aribeth. But no nookie except for whores.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

LAME! Goddamn it, the way some people go on about Aarin Gend you'd think he was the messiah of nookie or something.

I managed to get Mask of the Betrayer working last night. I have met Gann, and I am in lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve. He's a smart-arse, he's funny, he's temperamental, his character development is great, and my social-skills-up-the-arse Bard has a knack for getting under his skin. I am SO happy right now.

7. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

To be fair, this straight male notes that Gend has an awesome voice. ::look left, right:: Anyway.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Really? Never really resonated with me. Now, Valen and Gann on the other hand... *melts*

9. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think that, out of BG, the one character that pissed me off truly madly and deeply was Xan. He was a snivvly prit of a mage who had a sword! Sure, his sword happens to be a legendary Moonblade, and one of the most badass weapons ever to walk the realms, but that doesn't prevent him from being a twit. I've played/beaten most of those games*, but I never follow the romance options. Usually I find the romance characters to be the ones like Elanee, whom you must *drag* through the game, till they leave you. Personally, I was pissed that you couldn't bang the chick who does most of the work managing your castle. Of NWN and NWN2, I found NWN to be more enjoyable play experience due to the massive quantities of online content available. I found NWN2 to be enjoyable for the game-play styling/management, plus it was prettier.

*BG+TotSC, BG2+ToB, NWN+HoU/SoU/**, NWN2+MoB, Planescape: Torment (one of the best, hands down), IWD+HoW

**I can't remember the third expansion pack for NWN.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

NWN had some Premium modules but no third expansion. That's probably what you're thinking of. Apparently there's another expansion or two out for NWN2 now, but I haven't the money right now.

Xan was... weird. His pessimism was hysterical at first, but after a while he got irritating, and Enchanters suck in the BG games.

11. OiNutter

OiNutter New Member

That is, unless you count Kingmaker, but that is more of a marketing technique than an expansion...

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Kingmaker was the Premium Modules pack I was talking about. (I quite enjoyed ShadowGuard, but Witches Wake needs the rest of its plot to be finished and I'm not even going to start on all the things wrong with Kingmaker.)

13. DarkFool

It appears you're correct. *smiles at his Diamond dvd* I've been playing Silverfall for the past few days, btw. I'm giving up now. It's... tolerable. Barely. With a little hacking.

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Haven't gotten my hands on Silverfall as of yet. Still busy trying to get through the last act of MotB, and not burst into tears every time someone laughs. (You know you've done well on your atmospheric scary shit when someone like me gets thoroughly trumatised.)

15. DarkFool

The ending to MoB was rather hellish. I was pretty upset when Shandra died. She was like the only female character that, at that point, didn't drive me up the fucking wall. Unless you can get your hands on Silverfall for $4 like I did, I wouldn't bother. There was a review of it awhile back by someone on here (I thought it was you, actually), that was rather rough on it, and it was pretty accurate. The game is subpar. It's not even the 'so bad it's good' kind of game. It just sucks. The whole technology/nature thing was massively under-developed in my opinion, and anyone could use magic. Even techies. I think was truly ruined that game was the lousy camera angles. I can't really explain it, but you couldn't ever see far enough. I've gone back to NWN, and am much happier with this then Silverfall.

16. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Finished Mask of the Betrayer today. Gann has earnt himself a very special place in my twisted little heart, right next to Keats from Folklore and Valen 'Hottest Tiefling EVER' Shadowbreath. *happy girlie sigh*

I actually made the mating cry of the fangirl when he declared his love. "SQUEEEEEE!"

17. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

But what about One of Many? I'd hit that.

18. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Haven't gotton One of Many yet. My NG Bard didn't have the heart to eat Okku.

I'll get him with my insane Warlock when I get round to it. Too busy being a Star Ocean fangirl. *squeals* I love Noel's new voice! He's so adorable! I swear, if I ever get around to writing my SO2 AU fics, he's gonna get tackled so hard...

19. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

It's a diabolic combination of thousands of tormented malicious spirits encapsulated within the confines of one big bear spirits shell and isn't one for being seen so everyone thinks you've gone bat shit crazy. It also makes a guest appearance in Storm of Zehir and tell everyone that the only person whom it respects is the master. The master being the protagonist from MoTB. Now if that doesn't sound sexy I don't know what is.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Okay, my Warlock WANTS. I'll kick her into submission for the time being though - squee-inducing guys with fluffy pointed ears make for a hyperactive Xiao, especially with that voice. *humina*

Our Host!