Weather...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, Dec 20, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Nolanoth

Nolanoth New Member

It’s hella cold outside but It’s not snowing. A few years back there used to be such a nice winter here. Trams wouldn’t start, busses couldn’t drive up a hill because the ice was so slippery and thick every single person that tried walking on it ended up walking home with a few less teeth. What’s happening now is a disgrace!

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Meh, personally I've been looking forward to this global warming. Finally us north-men will experience warm weather too.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Unless, of course, Greenland decides to melt and destroy the Gulf Stream. :)

Then we'll get the manliest winters ever seen!

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Both are fine with me. We'll get nice weather or Ragnarok...

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Thanks. I love my car. It's at 185000 miles at the moment, and in need of some minor work, but I'm getting that done in january/February. I just got the funds to get my subwoofer/amp installed in it, and soon I'll get the windows tinted. They use an artificial salt here. Admittedly, it's ability to work isn't half as good as salt, but hey, my car isn't rusting. The previous owner was positively meticulous about maintence on this car. I had the dealership where the car was bought pull the records for his car, and the guy that got them was rather impressed with how precise the guy was about maintence. ^_^ And I got it for about half what it was worth, because I buy cars from the Czech Mafia! :)

6. Dark Elf

Media:
    Well, since I said I would post some pictures...

[​IMG]

There isn't much snow this year, but it still looks damn nice when you've got snow in the trees and such.

[​IMG]

Just a road sign.

[​IMG]

Lotsa interesting stuff happening around Botsmark! [/irony]

[​IMG]

My old school! Spent seven years of my life incarcerated at this place.

[​IMG]

Lots of them old barns around.

[​IMG]

The sun destroying my retinas.

[​IMG]

I wonder how those ice discs are created?

[​IMG]

A bath, anyone?

[​IMG]

Always used to climb that hill when I was a kid.

[​IMG]

What's that speed limit again?

[​IMG]

Possibly the 3rd coolest dog ever.

[​IMG]

Red eyes and cigars, that's what New Years Eve is all about.

[​IMG]

It's always fun to watch the peasantry play Twister.

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Nice landscape. As for the interesting stuff, guess it's one of the perks of being in a place with wooden barns and hills.

8. DokEnkephalin

DokEnkephalin Member

I really love snow, but that schoolhouse looks like it'd be pure, bitter hell in the winter.

I don't get to see enough snow, living in deserts and swamps for the last decade. I usually get a depression around this season, unless I see snow, which always improves my mood.

9. Dark Elf

Media:
    That school has stone floors that are cold all year round, so I know what you're talking about. The ugly green building in the front wasn't there when I was a toddler, it's been added due to the recent baby boom that left the school too small. I'm quite surprised that such a thing could happen in the northern Swedish wasteland, but what do you know?

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I remember falling on the floor in elementary school. We had a concrete floor covered by linoleum tiles, and when I got up, the elbow that broke my fall was bleeding. From linoleum. To this day I hate that school.

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I smashed my hand through a window in primary school and somehow didn't cut myself, then I find out the principal is looking all over for me so I go to her office to say I'm okay and my hand didn't get cut up at all. Well all she wanted was to give me a repair bill for my parents to pay fr the window I broke.

12. DokEnkephalin

DokEnkephalin Member

I would think that the weather would keep people in bed, getting their friction heat on. I'm more surprised you don't have a baby boom every winter.

13. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

See, we had a group of people playing twister, but it was all girls... I don't think anybody got any pictures though (not that it was super exciting or anything).

Our Host!