Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Koorac

Koorac New Member

No, I didn't enter through the door, I just walked out of the sewers and discovered I was in Pollock's house. No invisibility (gnome technologist) active. I admit I'm not playing with the latest version (using version 080823), but I as far as I know nothing that should affect the first encounter with Pollock has been changed since then.

2. DokEnkephalin

DokEnkephalin Member

The same thing happened to me; never been to the Boil, stumbled on Pollack's via the sewer, and suddenly he was interrogating Virgil and extorting me to do a hit job for him.

Btw, I don't know if this is an appropriate place to make a request, but can something be done to make Spacial Distortion useful? As it stands, you can't teleport through doors, not even glass doors, can't teleport across a yard of water, you can't even warp the full range that you can see. Was it meant to be a such waste of fatigue and character points?

3. bmaggot

bmaggot New Member

i am playing for muck evil eye, and when i hit a monster to reach level 50, game quits to desktop..
    i've tried to disable auto points, let my followers kill monsters for me and to kill other creatures to reach level 50 but game crashes anyway

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have the level cap remover or other hacks? Did you use the save game editor? Feel free to upload the save, I'll take a look at it.

5. bmaggot

bmaggot New Member

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can level up on your save without any problems. I recommend you reinstall the game and patches.

7. bmaggot

bmaggot New Member

does not work anyway...
    but no i'm level 50 so no need to worry, i hope this error won't show up on my next character

8. DokEnkephalin

DokEnkephalin Member

Since the patch, I've noticed a lot of bugs cleaned up, excellent job and much thanks, Drog. There has been some akwardness with the pathing, though; esp in the cities trying to walk a straight line to the edge of the screen, or offscreen from the character. Also, I never had to struggle to get through unlocked doors, but now it sometimes takes four or five attempts to get into some shops.

Also, I don't know if this is an old bug or new bug, but the elvish salesman in Ashbury gambled his own wielded staff for 0 coins repeatedly, eventually losing it at no cost to the player.

9. Deren LeLor

Deren LeLor New Member

hi guys,
    first of all let me they you guys if i write something wrong than just excause me for my english,
    so i just wanted to say i enjoy arcanum since 2001 and i am still playing it,and i few days ago i installed the new unoffical patch 810004.
    I finished the game an i noticed something and that was that i could not see all endings ind the end,but i did all necessary for all of the endings.
    here are the ones who i not see,
    alexander who becomes the first of panarii
    maximilain return to dernholm
    that bedokaan and elfs are alied
    shrouded hill become well again
    magnus become the kong of dwars....
    please let me know if there more....
    buy the way drog black your great,are you gone do further patch updates for arcanum?

10. Deren LeLor

Deren LeLor New Member

hey guys has nobody a answer for me,thats a little bit said i mean guys has no one an idea?

11. DokEnkephalin

DokEnkephalin Member

I just noticed a chest embedded in the wall behind Hadrian. It doesn't appear to become accessible at any point, though I haven't tried murdering him yet.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The requirements for the endings are the same as in the unpatched version. Apart from bug fixes, of course.

A new version will be released shortly. The changelog and further info are available in the first post.

Yes, I noticed it awhile ago. The chest is empty and doesn't have any script attached to it, so it's most likely a leftover.

13. DokEnkephalin

DokEnkephalin Member

This isn't in the changelog, but Virgil no longer has resurrection in his level scheme. I understand that it did make the game too easy, but Virgil could use that extra magick aptitude for his equipment if he's not going to up his strength.

14. Deren LeLor

Deren LeLor New Member

hi drog black,thanks for your answer.
    i am truly happy th hear that,but i have an german version from arcanum,so will ther be a german patch update too?
    i think the guy was lexx who did the translation,if i remeber that right,correct me if i am wrong.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was actually done in the official patch, most probably to make Zen Virgil (Virgil after death) stand out more, he learns the Resurrection spell and a bit of Black Necromancy. Virgil switches his leveling scheme when you save him.
    I'm not supporting any localizations, and moreover I take no responsibility if something goes wrong in a translated version. Please don't ask this here.

16. DDTerr

DDTerr New Member

Kietzel money bug?

Aren't money checks missing for lines 170, 173, 176 and 178 in 01008kietzel_bm.dlg ?
    It seems that there should be money checks for $$2000.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Kietzel money bug?

Indeed. Thanks for reporting.

18. DDTerr

DDTerr New Member

Constable Owens DLG bugfix and extra content

Two potential bugs in "01039Constable_Owens.dlg":

lines 400 and 409 ... they have as a result {re -10, fl 135} but I think there should be {co, fl 135} because floating text on line 135 states {Y-y-you'll be s-s-s-sorry you said that! D-d-d-defend yourself!}. When somebody says "Defend yourself!" it is usually meant as a start of the fight... also for line 409 there is a space at the beginning of the line, it should not be there.

And for Extra content (cut-out/unfinished):
    I found that the line 185 is uncalled, so all dialogues from 185 to 217 are unused. I decided to correct this. Maybe you will find it useful also for next version of English UAP...

My version of this corrected part (added line 37 and lines 185 to 217 modified):

{37}{What can you tell me of that altar in the mountains?}{}{5}{gf2128 1}{185}{}

{185}{Strange business, that. Belongs to the local religious types...a group called the Panarii. Seems they think something strange is going to happen around here, so they're always going up there to wait for it.}{Strange business, that. Belongs to the local religious types...a group called the Panarii. Seems they think something strange is going to happen around here, so they're always going up there to wait for it.}{}{}{}{}
    {186}{Would a blimp going down in flames qualify?}{}{5}{lf3 0}{165}{gf2342 1, lf3 1}
    {187}{Would they happen to have a temple around here?}{}{5}{}{215}{}
    {188}{E:}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {190}{[He eyes Virgil, seeming to notice him for the first time.] I think your Panarii companion there would know a lot more about it. Why don't you ask him?}{[He eyes Virgil, seeming to notice him for the first time.] I think your Panarii companion there would know a lot more about it. Why don't you ask him?}{}{}{}{}
    {191}{Yes, I will ask him, but I would like to know also your opinion.}{}{5}{}{195}{}
    {192}{Thank you. Might I ask you a few more questions?}{}{5}{}{35}{}
    {193}{I'll do that. Good day.}{}{5}{}{0}{}
    {195}{A weird lot, those Panarii. Believe in all sorts of things...Elven gods and the like. Don't know much about it myself. }{A weird lot, those Panarii. Believe in all sorts of things...Elven gods and the like. Don't know much about it myself. }{}{}{}{}
    {196}{Thank you. Might I ask you a few more questions?}{}{5}{}{35}{}
    {197}{E:}{}{5}{}{}{}
    deleted {198}
    {215}{Not an official one, anymore. You may have noticed a large temple on your way in, but that serves as our Town Hall here in Shrouded Hills. It might have once been a Panarii temple, but no one around here can remember when it was...}{Not an official one, anymore. You may have noticed a large temple on your way in, but that serves as our Town Hall here in Shrouded Hills. It might have once been a Panarii temple, but no one around here can remember when it was...}{}{}{}{}
    {216}{What exactly do these Panarii believe in?}{}{5}{pa -6409}{195}{}
    {217}{What exactly do these Panarii believe in?}{}{5}{pa 6409, lf28 0}{190}{lf28 1}
    {218}{Interesting. Just a few more questions...}{}{5}{}{35}{}
    {219}{E:}{}{5}{}{0}{}

Please send me a message if I have any error in it. Thanks.

19. DDTerr

DDTerr New Member

One small fix for Ristezze

There is one improper thing when talking to Ristezze about Schuylers and having talked about Tarant with Constable Owens before (so with Tarant already marked on the map). When the player convinces Ristezze to talk about Tarant up to the point he reveals Schuylers's address, there should not be a possibility to ask Ristezze for marking of Tarant on player's map because he would notice the previous mark of Owens and can become angry on player for fooling him etc.

If you want to use it ... there is my solution to it and corrected lines:

{269}{There are so many in Tarant! The Moores, the Prestons, the Tarrelon-Dunnes. And the Schuylers of 44 Devonshire Way! Those strange Schuylers who, like myself, deal in the rare and the uncommon...}{There are so many in Tarant! The Moores, the Prestons, the Tarrelon-Dunnes. And the Schuylers of 44 Devonshire Way! Those strange Schuylers who, like myself, deal in the rare and the uncommon...}{}{}{}{ss 1, xp 3, ru 2031, qu1011 2, gf2697 1, gf1100 1, lf11 1}
    {270}{That sounds so intriguing. I'd love to travel to Tarant...}{}{5}{}{275}{}
    {275}{Oh, you must. If only once, to look upon her rivers and her bridges, her factories, her skies adorned with flying machines and her bosom stitched with the tracks of roaring trains...}{Oh, you must. If only once, to look upon her rivers and her bridges, her factories, her skies adorned with flying machines and her bosom stitched with the tracks of roaring trains...}{}{}{}{}
    {276}{I'm not sure where Tarant is...could you mark my map?}{}{5}{ar-21}{281}{}
    {277}{Thank you, it was fascinating story. Have a nice day, Ristezze.}{}{5}{}{}{}
    {281}{Of course. If you see her, tell her that Ristezze sends his greetings! Fare thee well, my friend!}{Of course. If you see her, tell her that Ristezze sends his greetings! Fare thee well, my friend!}{}{}{}{mm 21}
    {282}{And you as well, Ristezze. }{}{5}{}{}{}

------------
    Also shortened one line in 4 module mes files game_rd_npc_xxx.mes:

{40620}{Ristezze the Importer told me that P. Schuyler & Sons is located at 44 Devonshire Way in the city of Tarant.}

and in file "game_rd_npc_m2m_dumb.mes":

{40620}{Ristezzezzs the Importanter say Peeskylerandsunz be at 44 Devuhnshire Way in the city of Tuhrant. Happy joy!}

20. DDTerr

DDTerr New Member

Lukan

Sorry for "overposting" in this thread:)

I have just started working on detailed comparing of DLG files of English Arcanum + latest UAP to our Czech translation and it seems that there were many bugs fixed during translation in 2002 by Birdman so I will post most of them here for Drog to decide if they have any value for him for use in next versions of UAP.

"01041Lukan.dlg"

Unused dialogue lines 43 to 48.
    The solution: change of the jump on line 17 from 57 to 43:
    {17}{Oh, yes! Now I see...please forgive the disrespect, Lukan...}{}{5}{}{43}{}

and one small cosmetic fix: delete many spaces in results field on line 164

Our Host!