Whelp, wish me luck.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Oct 31, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

What about these?

"The Truth about Alchemy"

"Divided by War"

"Friendship, Hardship and Alchemy"

2. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

"Elixir of Gold"

"Transmuting War"

"Transmuted War"

3. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Here's some more..

"Aspects of War"

"All that Glitters is not Lead"

"Friendship Aside"

"Consequence of Friendship"

4. Fromage

Fromage New Member

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I've actually decided to leave the title as is for the time being - Generation 2 seems to use their talents a bit more than Generation 1 did. However, should I decide to change it once the novel is finished, I will definitely consider the above titles.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Progress for Tuesday 18th November

Words Written Today: 3,276
    Words Total: 44,656
    Location Written: My bedroom
    While Watching: Nada (I'm about to put on Rumpole, though...)
    While Listening To: The Black Mages: Darkness and Light (If you like classic rock and Final Fantasy, these guys will make you happy)
    Sly Arcanum References: 11 (Taren most definately has the 'Technophobia' background, a medical arachnid terrorised the pharmacy, and mechanical arachnids slaughtered a lot of innocent people during the war...)
    Magical Traditions: 3 (The methodical tradition, the druidic tradition, and the supportive tradition. Alchemy is definitely in the last tradition; it was created to help people whose innate magic was weak or difficult to control)
    Generation 2 Core Characters Introduced: 3 (Added: Miranda 'Hey, It's A Healing Arachnid!' Jackson, technological genius and complete lunatic.)
    New Bonus For Plowing Through This Thread: See below
    Today Was: Pretty good, actually

SPECIAL BONUS!

Someone introduced me to an interesting LJ community (yes, I am aware that that's an oxymoron) called '1 sentance', which gives you different sets of 50 prompts and you have to write a single sentance for each prompt, all of them revolving around a single couple. As Taren and Noel don't fit the criteria for being posted there (they haven't been published yet), I thought I'd share them with you instead. You'll get 5 a day for the next 10 days.

'Flora and Fauna', Taren and Noel, Challenge Set Alpha

1: Comfort

She wakes up screaming, the nightmare clockwork spiders still marching in her minds eye; he holds her close and whispers reassuringly into her ear until the memories fade and she can breathe again.

2: Kiss

He's completely absorbed by the bursts of coloured fire in the sky above, so when she gently presses her lips against his own he's taken completely unawares; but not so much so that he doesn't return the gesture, holding her against his chest and silently rejoicing in her presence.

3: Soft

Despite the fact that his hair is wild and un-tamable, it's incredibly soft; she runs her hands through it gently while he makes little murmuring sounds of pleasure.

4: Pain

She's lying helpless on the floor, eyes screwed up tight and sobbing quietly in pain; he roars his anger and tackles the culprit to the ground, doing his damnedest to claw the bitch's eyes out.

5: Potatoes

It's a Rest Day, so she finds him in the garden, digging up potatoes with his hands; smiling indulgently, she kneels next to him and helps, giggling when he smudges damp soil across his nose.

7. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Well that was the sappiest thing I've read in a while.

Maybe you should call it, "The Alchemy Notebook".

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ooooh, Japes, that's a good title.

Yes, I am entirely aware the 50 sentances are sappy. I'm using them to get out a lot of the sappy that's been plaguing me since I started this thing. There'll be a small amount of sappy in the novel, because damn it, Taren and Noel are very goddamn cute, but most of it is either weird, serious, or in a few upcoming scenes, downright bloody.

Yes, Noel is actually going to try and rip someone's face to shreds during the course of this novel. He's quite a bloodthirsty guy when he's pushed far enough.

9. stylex

stylex Member

WoooW!You're a great writer :) . Wish ya luck!

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

11. Jungle Japes

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

That and also because I've been using this thread instead of the official site to keep records of my progress. The official site has bandwidth issues for most of the month. (By which I mean, if I don't log in incredibly late at night, I can't get in at all.)

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Progress for Wednesday 19th November

Words Written Today: 2,433
    Words Total: 47, 089
    Location Written: Josh's House
    While Watching: Rumpole of the Bailey and The Bard's Tale (I love Rumpole, Leo McKern was such a good casting)
    While Listening To: Nothing much
    Generation 2 Core Characters Introduced: 4 (Added: Noel 'If I Could Talk To The Animals... Wait, I Can' Chandler
    Authorial "Hey, That's Cool!" Moments: 5 (I saw so many actors I recognised while watching Rumpole)
    Puppies Delivered: 4 (Long story... Taren lost a shirt during that mess)
    Today Was: Meh. I'm tired.

SPECIAL BONUS CONTINUED

6: Rain

He looks out the water-streaked window at the unseasonably heavy rain, and sighs because he knows that she hates the rain and he won't see her until it stops.

7: Chocolate

She squeals with delight when she opens the package from her brother and sees the familiar dark brown of her favourite brand of chocolate; later that day she gives Noel his first piece ever and giggles when he makes the most cat-like sound of contentment she's ever heard.

8: Happiness

Curled up on the rug by the fire with her arms wrapped around his waist and the puppy snoozing contentedly at his feet, he realises that he's actually happy for the first time since he lost his home.

9: Telephone

Miranda brings some strange device into the pharmacy and says that she can use it to talk to Noel when they're not together; she looks at the girl like she's lost her mind.

10: Ears

She once asked him how he always knew when she was coming, and he just smiled; actually, the puppy's ears prick up whenever someone's coming, and that's how he knows.

14. stylex

stylex Member

Hm, you should really get an custom avatar and tittle for this! :D

15. Jungle Japes

Well, if stylex thinks so, then it must be so!

Oh wait, stylex is a nondescript newb with no clout. Maybe we should leave these weighty decisions to those who are not.

16. stylex

stylex Member

17. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Stylex, seriously, quit fucking spamming the boards with "..." or fucking smiley face posts.

You were fine when you started here, but you're just becoming really fucking annoying with the spam.

18. stylex

stylex Member

Oh, I thought I was annoying when I joined and I'm normal now.Sorry then.

19. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

You make no sense mon.
    Why would you stop being annoying just because you have been here for 4 months and has a PC on 70?

20. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Actually you're the one who makes no sense...

Our Host!