Charged Accelerator Gun Schematic

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Krycek, Nov 13, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Krycek

Krycek New Member

I can't buy one.

Today I spent literally hours shopping for this motherfucker. I have seen Tesla Gun, Flame Thrower, Rifled Cannon, Grenade Launcher, Acid Gun ... You name it, I have seen it multiple times for sale. But no Charged Accelerator Gun.

Is there some level requirement for certain schematics to show up?
    I am Level 35 btw.

Or is it maybe the vendor?
    I tried Tarant (all merchants who sell schematics) and Ashbury (the gun shop).

2. Moray

Moray New Member

I think I've always found the charged accelerator schematic at the inventor, in Tarant.

Of course, I also find that the weapon is not at all worth going to the trouble of getting, making, and then subsequently using; the damage is just not worth it for the three bullets it takes to fire each time.

3. Vaz

Vaz New Member

Krycek, the only place to get it is the gunshop in Tarrant, at least that I've ever found. Only solution I've ever found is to repeatedly reload until the merchant has the schematic. Word of warming, it doesn't work the first time you enter or re-enter the city; you just keep getting the same merchandise. You have to visit the merchant, save the game, and visit again the next morning (only spending a night in the city generates stock turnover). If he doesn't have it, reload. CA Rifle can be one of the most obnoxious schematics to try to get. The game generator just doesn't seem to trigger it very often.

4. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

I've always thought there's a simple random generator that pops out items, but it seems there's a sort of a hash that is connected to your name and race (at the very least), though I don't know whether the same is applied to merchants' items.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You don't have to reload. Just step out of the shop and advance time 24 hous.

6. Krycek

Krycek New Member

That's what I did.

I finally gave up though. My Gun Collector went into the Void without having completed his collection.

Whenever I feel like shopping for several hours straight I can still use the older savegame. The whole situation really pissed me off.

No Charged Accelerator Gun also means no Rifled Cannon and no High Velocity Pistol. Not that I would have used them. I just wanted to have a char who built every gun possible. Well, shit happens.

7. Vaz

Vaz New Member

Wolfsbane, I just hate wasting days to no purpose. Yeah, I know time doesn't mean anything in Arcanum, but that's just me.

Dirtman, I suspected there was a hash generator based on name. Thing is, using same name and class, it seems to vary which schematics are easily available and which aren't.

Our Host!