Magnus, the miracle fighter

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Roller, Nov 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Roller

Roller New Member

Im not quite getting it. The party is lvl13 in Ashbury and fights these lvl22 zombies. The thing is, Magnus is the only one who damages them, every round. Nobody else does(not Gar, not Sogg with str20). And i mean it, nobody. Reloaded several times. Their melee skill is equal. Their equipment is equal. The only thing Magnus has different are his mysterious gauntlets. Here is a save for the skeptics.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/161497730/m ... r.rar.html

What is this, some mighty power of Dwarves?

2. ghosts

ghosts New Member

That's weird, I've never had that problem. I was playing with Magnus and Virgil, and I'm fairly certain that all three characters were able to kill the zombies on their own. I actually used the graveyard as a good leveling-up spot, since they respawn so quickly.

Not sure what to tell you, sorry!

3. Roller

Roller New Member

Balanced swords. They dont seem to damage hi-lvl undead enemies(except for Magnus), Rusty axes do. It seems there is some kind of damage resistance maybe. I switched to high power, low speed weapons, and so far nothing is immune.

4. Moray

Moray New Member

It's because balanced swords are "tech" weapons, meaning they incur to-hit penalties against any "magic" creature - such as zombies, in this instance. Magnus won't incur the penalties using his gauntlets because the gauntlets are either neutral or magically inclined.

Simple solution: switch out the balanced swords for a magic/neutral inclined weapon.

5. Roller

Roller New Member

Ah, thank you very much. It begins to make sense. I must admit this game has quite a lot of depth. Small things you know. I only hope there are not many tech enemies, cause my weapons are all magical now. ..

P.S. Welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

Our Host!