Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the line numbers in Nasrudin's dialog.

It's a known glitch, it happens with any critters sometimes. Although, I wonder in what way did you kill him?

Turns out it's another bug. There was a typo in requirements. Thanks for mentioning it.

2. Rado

Rado New Member

Just beat on him with my broadsword. Happens every time.

Will you give me an excuse to abandon work and ask to try different methods of dispatching him?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, I'll try it myself then.

4. Rado

Rado New Member

Thank you.

Perhaps I should note I got the bug that Dirtman encountered (at the same place). Never happened before.

5. Koorac

Koorac New Member

The Foppish Elf background says: ..... but gains a bonus to Persuasion.

6. Roller

Roller New Member

It is possible to gain unlimited influence on Thorvald Two Stones, by repeating the "How did you end up here" line in his dialog on IoD.

The same is possible on various NPCs wandering the streets. There is a "thank you" line, for nothing. And they like you more.

7. ville-v

ville-v New Member

I went to the door at Nasdurin's tomb. When I ordered dog to attack it, the door did not react at all. It was just bashed down in a few hits, and demons did not appear, even though I had already knocked twice.

When giving St. Mannox's diary to Alexander as proof about the conspiracy, K'han Hua will appear. He will attack me while I am talking, and if he does disintegrate me right away, the game will crash. Maybe he should appear after talking is finished?

If I forget to bring skull from the Nasdurin's tomb and just tell Hadrian about the finger, the quest will stay "accepted", and there is no way to complete it since Hadrian will not talk anymore.

When doing the master of persuasion quest, I was suggested not to listen or take money from the crowd. So I just ignored them, and walked to the throne room. Shouldn't they have stopped me when I talk past and insisted to convince me to do something?

I told King Praetor that prince had killed Aria, and he asked me to kill him. I agreed. I told prince that Aria was being tortured by the king. After finishing talking with him, I killed him. Nobody reacted the kill in any way (because there was no guard to see it). When I returned to Praetor, he acted as if I had not yet completed the task. There was no way to complete the quest.

I betrayed Bedokaans to poachers. Quest to kill poachers was not botched.

I talked the mayor of blackroot so that he would give me the taxes. I went to the thieves, and attemped to get the dagger different ways. Every time when I returned with dagger, the only option was "bye". Before I had the dagger, it was (correctly) "I have not yet found your dagger."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the report.

What version of the game you're using, by the way?

9. ville-v

ville-v New Member

I downloaded it last week and started a new game. Do you update that often? I'll check the version.

Edit: v081004

Plus I remembered one more bug: When you convince Kerghan that the Vendigroth device can allow his soul to rest in peace, and dialog ends, you do not have to use device, and the ending will appear after a few seconds. This is correct. However, between the dialog and the ending Kerghan will stay in his dragon form and begin wandering around. IMO, he should return to his human form and stand still until the game ends.

Edit2: I did not check this with the newest patch, but I remember it from earlier and it was not mentioned in change log. If you resurrect Charles Brecho at the crash site cave, he will make a response according which he should attack you, but he does not, and if you speak with him, you get the dialog of the spirit which is talking as if he was still dead.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Install the hotfix as well. Just put the file in your Arcanum folder. It fixes the following problem:
    This was fixed.
    Also,
    This was fixed as well. However, the prince's death counts only after you have accepted the assassination quest from Praetor. If you killed the prince before, there's no way to complete the quest. Are you sure that you killed him after accepting the quest?

11. ville-v

ville-v New Member

Yes.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't help you then. It works correctly on my side, I just checked it again. The script is pretty simple, so either you're playing from an older save or your installation is corrupt.

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I keep getting complaints about the Dark Helm not showing the pentagram animation or giving the cursed sound effect when equipped.

I double-checked in the stock game and got the same thing.

14. Krycek

Krycek New Member

The ship captain in Tarant won't take me to Black Root. He immediately says something that starts with "Are you daft ..." and that the ship never goes there. As if he already explained that to me.

I am not sure whether this is a bug but it makes no sense to me. He will happily fulfill special requests like a journey to the Half-Ogre Island but Black Root is off limits apparently.

Seems to me that the "Are you daft ..." response should be linked to Thanatos (after you asked him the second time).

As I said, I am not sure that this is a bug. Might be intentional. Some personal aversion against Black Root or something. :)

15. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

I'm not sure was this mentioned or not.

When I speak to the guard in the Panarii temple in Caladon, he says that I'm certainly not a pilgrim and that I don't even wear the Pilgrim's robes. The mentioned item is in the temple in Shrouded Hills and when I pick it up and talk to the guy the response is the same.

16. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

Are you wearing it? You have to actually wear it. I've also had some weirdness that even if I'm wearing it, my followers aren't, and I can't enter, getting the same response you got. I don't remember the details as that was the first time I've ever played the game 7 years ago.
    Other than that it's always worked for my medium sized characters (anyone that's not a half-ogre/ling, gnome, or dwarf.). Then again my standard tactic is to either dominate them and discontinue the enchantment right before going back up, or disintegrate them while prowling (no ranks or training) in turn based based combat from as far away as possible.

17. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

I was wearing it and they complained about my followers. When I came alone, they still didn't let me pass. I've just remembered Fallout 2 when you try to enter the room with the FOB and you pose as a cleaning crew. The guard doesn't let you pass if you wait in front of him and, if I recall correctly, even has something to say about it.

What I'm trying to say is that I didn't reload after the first time I came without the robes. Maybe that's the trick. :/

18. ville-v

ville-v New Member

Could it have affected that I usually kill people by ordering Dog to attack? That way my followers will never whine that the target has good alignment. The door did not react dog attacking it either (bug I reported in earlier post).

19. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Theere is a quest in Dernholm where u can help the Constable to solve a mystery.
    Now...If u in the end of this quest have to kill this Demon with some kind of a dagger(sry,but i dun rem...guess it was Xereus or sumthing) then the problem is that he doesn't appear in the sewers.I don't know why,but he doesn't.He just isn't there.

20. FrostyMixi

FrostyMixi Member

Uhh...In the village Voordien,where u have to bring back a boulder or piece of stone to repair the altar i can't make an offering after the quest.I get back the boulder(i've tried talking to Stringy before and after,if it changes anything), give the boulder,get exp and when i talk to the monk over there.I ask him that can i make an offering now.Then he tells you to read the stone and see what it takes as an offering.But the problem is that i can't even read.It just says a broken altar or stone or whatever it was.And because of that i can't finish this grand scheme.
    !!!It happens to all chars i've made!!!

Our Host!