Curse of Tseng-Ang

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Xennah, Oct 30, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xennah

Xennah New Member

So i'm having a bit of a problem with the main story, the part where you get the book from the librarian in Tarant should trigger the ability to go to Caladon right? Thing is, early in the game i killed him so i could get my membership money back, but i saved the book so it wouldn't vaporize, but now when i'm supposed to find this Renford A Willingersomething guy, nothing happens when i read the book, is the main quest broken?
    Don't wanna start over :/

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because you first need to find out about Renford A. Terwilliger. When you find out that he's dead you will be able to read the book and go to Caladon. Visit the graveyard and the Hall of Records.

3. Xennah

Xennah New Member

4. Rado

Rado New Member

To make you feel better, I've killed the libarian very early on and then much, much later, discarded the book because my imbecile character didn't get any quests related to it.

Imagine my surprise...

And yes, this was the first time I got that far so I had no idea the book is a main quest item.

Finally, after studying my saves, checking when I had the book and at what point I didn't anymore, I was able to find it in a Stillwater Inn chest.

Thank god I didn't plant it on a dead body or, worse yet, simply threw it out somewhere.

Now I have a special storage barrel in Shrouded Hills, just to be safe ;)

Our Host!