looking for frog skins

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Roller, Nov 5, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Roller

Roller New Member

quently on the development of appropriate A threshold is set on the output voltage into recipient females repeatedly failed
    It is important to realize that excessive vitamin A supplementation during  Dark chocolate stimulates the brain. grout, to cover the wounds in the inner lining
    and general acceptance of the status quo. represents maintenance levels) and having to be very aware of your food intake on a day to day basis tion to many people?s intake
    other data (sequence sampling data, ge- side, T.L. (1998) Absent or low expression of myelogenous leukemia. Unlike the previ

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Rate this party.

No, you can have the both with CH20.

3. Roller

Roller New Member

Thanks.. hmm this opens new possibilities again. Though Ashe seems kinda redundant, doesnt have str 20 like Dante, nor can heal like Smythe. Though he is voiced.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Not only is he voiced, he's quite possibly the most loveable voiced character in the entire friggin' game.

I love his dialogue at the end of the game.

5. Roller

Roller New Member

Dark Elf, you are killing me. :) I guess it is a choice of Dante vs Smythe vs Ashe.

-Dante is quite clearly the most versatile NPC, but is not voiced and is kind of supposed to leave(doesnt even have a "what you think about this place" line)
    -Smythe has balanced magic, one unusual support, one healing, one damage.
    -Ashe is voiced. But his skills, stats and spell selection.. uh.. boring. duplicates with main char(who isnt going to have harm and fireflash), plus cheesy disintegrate and suck-me-out-of-mana lighting.

Btw looking at Smythe's leveling template it does appear he learns Dodge1 twice. I thought UAP fixed that.

6. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Dante if you're after an all-round combat character, Perriman if you want a support character, and Geoffrey if you wanna die laughing at the end of the game.

7. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Geoffrey if you want to die laughing every fu**ing time he speaks. Ah, Tulla. :D

8. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

You guys are making me want to go back and play a game with Mr. Ashe.

9. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's one interesting thing about Dante. Try killing orcs with him in your group and see what happens.

A wild guess, but could it be a reference to KKK, considering he's wearing white robes as well?

11. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

12. Roller

Roller New Member

Having roleplay value is great. The problem is, there are already NPCs taken by their roleplay value(and greater than his imho). Replacing f.e. Dante with Geoffrey is possible, but look at this party's STR values at lvl50: 9/7/19/6/5/9. Pathetic. It would be down to turtlespeed by the weight of their own equipment.

Btw, Dante also has similarities with Keldorn from BG2. Powerful religious NPC with magic abilities, who had the choice of leaving the party for his personal benefit, or travel with it.

13. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Keldorn is epic win. I really like his personal quest, too... it has some of the best resolutions of the various NPC quests, and gives you a good look at just what's lying under that solemn exterior.

Still, Haer'Dalis is the best NPC ever. :D Crazy-ass tiefling bard = frickin' hysterical.

14. The_Deathsangel

The_Deathsangel New Member

Agrees with Xiao_Caity over best Bioware NPC. Still, I played with them all, and all have good things.
    BG2 is one of the best games for roleplaying games. Another being Planescape: Torment

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Unfortunately Planescape: Torment never wound its torturous way down here. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

16. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

*GASP!*

You should get a year subscription to gametap then in order to play it. At $60 for the year it's still cheaper than I've been able to find on Ebay or Amazon.

17. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I just forked out $80 for a SO:SE preorder. I ain't buying ANYTHING online for a while.

Our Host!