Okay, so who of you scallywags have preordered?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Oct 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Don't worry I intend to play them, just haven't gotten around to do so.
    I have them.

@Vorak
    Not that suprisingly really, it's more of an Action RPG than a real RPG.

@Fromage
    Learn to fight really.
    I try to stay as far away from the enemies as possible, and I am having no trouble with hitting them, in or out of V.A.T.S, I like it.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I CAN'T HURT CHILDREN

This is a greater injustice than rroyo stealing Drog's template!

3. Fromage

Fromage New Member

I didn't say I had a problem hitting them. In point of fact, it is much too easy. At level one I was routinely blowing people's heads off with the second shot from my 10mm, and often it only takes one.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

BACK THE FUCK UP BRAH

5. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Ok but how is the music. Does the music sound Fallouty? That's my most critical point of concern.

That doesn't surprize me. Many things in Oblivion reminded me alot of Bloodlines, from the face-to-face dialogue to the feeding for Vampires, animations, and so on. At least Fallout 3 feeling like Bloodlines is somewhat of a completed circle considering the origins of the franchise.

6. wobbler

The music.

Unless my brain is totally messing with me (I'm sick), there is no music in the game, normally.
    But after a while, you can tune in the GNR radio on your Pip-boy, where you can hear some news (sometimes about you), but mostly they play old fashioned music.
    That I like.

But overall, the game is not that good. Much, MUCH more could have been done. They seem to skip some details, and some of the invisible walls are painfully obvious ("You can't go this way, please turn back!").
    And to every location, there is basically only one way to go.

If they had spent, oh I don't know, maybe another year on the game, working on the details, I think it would be so much better.

As it is now, you sometime gets the feeling that they hasted through it, trying to get a working game out.

EDIT: I haven't finished it yet, but at the moment I get the feeling that it's very short.

7. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

It's as long as you decide to make it. If you rush the main story, it's gonna be fairly short. If you take time exploring the wasteland, it could take a while. I reached the end-game mission right as I made level 20 (max level unfortunately).

Also, there is music in-game, but some of it is pretty weak so I usually keep the radio on.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I figured that by nuking that town I actually WAS killing the kids even if I didn't see it.

9. wobbler

Nop.

You didn't kill anyone. The moment you charge the trigger the game transports the kids into "the void", where they will be safe from you forever.

10. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

That's what happens when you don't use an overhead, world map for wilderness travel. I'm guessing that the eastern boarder doesn't use the ocean as a "wall" like the California coastline did in 1 & 2?

Fallout Speedrun
    Fallout 2 Speedrun

It ain't Fallout if you can't finish it in 11 minutes.

11. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

That fallout2 speed run was amazing. I'd have thought he'd go to Navarro first instead.

Our Host!